Archived topics from the Intakes Forum


Postby Guest » Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:15 am

I have a 1996 base and want to put in an intake.  IT has aa 2.2L.  I read a lot about MAF.  I was wondering if there is anyway that I can add a new intake?  I don't want my engine light to be on all the time.  Is there any companies that make intakes that have a spot for the MAF?  I want to do it right.

User avatar
Registered User
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 4:48 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta


Postby Chris88CL » Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:31 pm

Has your car had the speed density update?  There should be a sticker under the hood telling you if it has or not.  If it has then your MAF isnt doing dick all anyways.  You can splice in an IAT sensor in its place (tiny) and relocate it pretty much anywhere.  It doesnt have to be in the intake if you dont want. But it will run better if you drill a tiny hole in your new intake tube and clip it in.  If your car hasnt had the speed density update then you'll need to get the memcal chip from another 2.2L (auto or 5 speed, whatever you have) and the IAT sensor and then you can splice it in.  Theres only 2 wires you need to worry about if I remember correctly.  Barry Stubbs (QuadZ26?) should know for sure.  Its pretty easy.

ICQ: 10833817
AIM: Chris88CL

Return to “Intake Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest