Rsm racing tbs

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum

Rsm racing tbs

Post by Guest »

I recently bought a TB from rsm racing and they asked me if my stock TB had cooling lines through the bottom.  I looked and looked some more and didnt see anything. So i told him that my 95' 3100 z26 did not have them. Can someone verify to me that they dont just so i can be sure that i am ordering the right TB and that im not blind. They either come w/ em or w/ out em and i got the ones w/ out.

I also ordered a rear strut bar and i was wondering if anyone knew what the bolts should be torqued to on top of the struts after i put it on.  I don't want my car falling apart.

Oh and one other thing.  I dont need to torque the TB bolts do I?

Canada

Rsm racing tbs

Post by Canada »

I don't know if you have coolant lines or not, but its a good thing you got the one that didn't, because if you do have a coolant line, just bypass it by connecting the ends together. This way you will be drawing in cooler air. I don't know about torque specs for either, if in doubt tighten them snug and recheck them after some use.

Post what kind of results you got with there throttle body, I don't know of anyone on this board that has one of theirs, I could be mistaken.

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta

Rsm racing tbs

Post by Guest »

It is the newest TB they made.  I think it is 62 or 61 mm he said, id have to check again.  Ill post everything up and let you guys know if i can feel anything from it. Im hoping i can but it prob. wont be very much.  Next plans are port and polish and exhaust.  Then i should notice a diff. But after this im gettin pulleys ( and i was wondering if i can do pulleys myself since my engine bay is so tight i dont know if i could get my hand down the side to change the pulleys, would i have to pull the engine then or what?)

Anyone else know about the torque specs for the rear struts?. Or a website that just lists them all?.. i didnt torque the bolts last time i took off my TB (just real snug) so im assuming i dont have to because i havnt had any problems with it.  Let me know if im wrong.

Rsm racing tbs

Post by Guest »

hey if you take your tire off and your wheel well cover you can get to the crank pully perfectly!!

Rsm racing tbs

Post by Guest »

Thanks, i just found that out today from a mechanic that i know who was helping me change my o2 sensor because he had the tools i needed.  He thought that would be the way to do it too.  I never thought about doing it that way.

Are there a set of pulleys cheaper than MANTAPART?.. arnt they $300 at mantapart?

Canada

Rsm racing tbs

Post by Canada »

street arsenal is making a set for the 3400, it "should" fit the 3100, they haven't tried it, nor has anyone else

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta

Rsm racing tbs

Post by Guest »

How much are they from sreet arsenal?. I don't know if I'd try them though if they havn't tested them out on a 3100 first.  Will they be testing them on a 3100?

My throttle body and strut bar should be in next week so i should have it on by next weekend. Can't wait.

ErichZ26

Rsm racing tbs

Post by ErichZ26 »

All OBDII cars have the coolant lines to the throttle body.   Get this if you have OBDII instead of rigged BS, order the 1994 coolant line(and a hose to the heater core for this line)
So that makes all 1994 and some 1995 cars that DO NOT HAVE the coolant line.  I will be selling used and new of these parts on ebay soon since I have been doing throttle body upgrades for people.    As far as performance, if you leave your stock plenums, only a 56 ish MM throttle will do anything, anything more will need more opening at the plenum.
Also 3400 and 3100 parts are rather interchangeable, and  you bolts will all work the same.   Make sure you have gaskets on hand, while the old one can be re used if it does not crack,  this is far from a good idea, less than $5 for this gasket....ALSO make sure you say VIN M for 3100 in 1994/1995 BOTH VIN T and VIN M show up,  VIN T is that old dawg MPFI and is NOT compatible.    For my great wisdom, you all can send me $1 each, since your not going to get it from SA nor Manta....RSM are GM people and have their stuff together,  SA is just young in the GM FWD business.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26

Rsm racing tbs

Post by Guest »

I am positive i dont have coolent lines in my TB cause there is nothing going into it at all except for 2 little connections with wires.(dont know the terms).  So i should be safe with what i ordered.
I will be gettin a new plenum and all that soon so it all should work perfect.  Im prob going to get pulleys first though and mantapart is the only place i have found them specificly for the 3100.  Is there any other places that make parts for our body style?