Nos mod

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum

Nos mod

Post by Guest »

I just got some NOS and I got to thinking. WILL it blow a 2.3 Quad Four up? I was thinking direct port 100shot. And of corse 3" with magnaflow.

Nos mod

Post by Guest »

I don't know a whole lot about NOS or the Quad 4, but 100 shot seems like it might be too much for the Q4.

Nos mod

Post by Guest »

if you havent done anything to the motor yet, when you hit the 100 and bad things WILL happen. If it doenst blow up the first time you hit it, it will the next. IMO you should look at adding a smaller shot, but I still would be reluctant to put a stock Q4 through NOS without some other mods first. Exuast- 3" is absolutely unncecesary and probably more expensive than the 2.5" wich is way more than enough for teh Q4 anyways. You should be looking to add some more air to the mix too, particularly of the COLD variety. Put on a hi-flow cone filter, or make a custom Cold air setup or something. Although it istnt absolutely necesarry, I would look to do some work on the internals too. Maybe a cam and Performance pistons would be pretty nasty.

bonecrrusher

Nos mod

Post by bonecrrusher »

yes a 100 shot will definately blow your motor, 50 at most for these motors, also its DOHC so your gonna need both cams. Also the first mod should be on the exhaust side of these engines with a ported manifold and 2.5" all the way back..

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
rweatherford

Nos mod

Post by rweatherford »

Quote (Cooper42o @ July 31 2002,12:05)I just got some NOS and I got to thinking. WILL it blow a 2.3 Quad Four up? I was thinking direct port 100shot. And of corse 3" with magnaflow.
I think you need to PM KillerQuad and ignore these other guys until you talk to him.  He runs a 125 HP direct port on his Grand Am and runs mid 12's on a stripped car.

He can tell you what works and what doesn't.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

Nos mod

Post by Guest »

Yeah you probably can run a shot that big, but make sure its direct port. Also make sure you go with a wet kit so you can be sure you have enough fuel. Be a good idea to have your fuel pump, and ignition components, and engine checked out too. I would make sure my head gasket was good...
Like Rex said, check out www.killerquad.com

90BerettaGTZ

Nos mod

Post by 90BerettaGTZ »

also, goto www.gmpowertalk.com and click the link on the forums "2.3L Quad 4" thats where most of the really modded HOs ive seen hang out. most have 100 shots on thier grand ams and are running in the mid 13s easily. there are also 2-3 turbo quads there as well.

deffinatley check out the killerquad4 site. he did finally blow the motor with a 125 shot on it. that was after MANY MANY passes though at the track. i believe its something like 125 passes on a 120K mile motor hehe.