Need your opinion

Archived topics from the Exhaust Forum

Need your opinion

Post by Guest »

My exhaust needs to be changed, and I also need a new cat. I've seen some people have some highflow cat's here...I sound stupid but, I just wanna know what are those highflow cat's? Who makes them? How much are they? and what's the difference between those and the normal ones? Give more power I guess...but what do they do?
What would you suggest for my 2.8L? Something that's not too expensive.

Thank you!

Need your opinion

Post by Guest »

To my knowledge, the highflow cats allow the exhaust gas to pass through it with less restriction than the normal one.  You should be able to find a universal one in just about any car performance company, like summit or jcwhitney or something.  If I remeber right, someone on here posted something about a compnay that had highflow cats for our cars, but I don't remeber the web address.  As far as suggestions for your car, I'm not sure what brands are real good with those, but I would say that since the car is older, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to put a new one, highflow or not highflow.  

gar187er

Need your opinion

Post by gar187er »

catco makes one, as does a few other companies, including dynomax(has any one ever thought of getting this board sponsered(sp? is early) by them?!?! just an idea.....but just as 93berettagt said, they creat a less restricve flow for your exhaust.....with that flow, dependin on what muffler you go with, it could add some growl to youre 2.8, which already has some nice growl to it!

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

Need your opinion

Post by Guest »

I wondered how come they don't sponsore this site. You already have their logo...and I wouldn't even know who makes the cats for our cars if I didn't find this site !

Need your opinion

Post by Guest »

btw: I dont have a cat on my car...but i need a new exhaust and i'm gonna put a cat too, cuz i'll need it for emission next year.

Need your opinion

Post by Guest »

I have a dynomax 2.5" cat on mine.  I got it from Jegs.com for $60.  It sounds nice and flows 100% better than stock, while it still quiets down sound and passes emmisions.  I have actually noticed a loss in power with my car straight piped into a glass pack.  But with the cat on, and with my new super turbo muffler, it is the best exhaust set-up I've ever had on the car, and I've gone through like 3!!!!  The performance is superb with the Quad, as for a V-6, I like my 89 base with a glasspack but it still has the factory cat:( Later