?z26 rims

Archived topics from the Wheels and Tires Forum

?z26 rims

Post by Guest »

Hello all....I am in desperate need of some advice.  My Z26 rims on my Beretta need refinished.  After 7 years of wear, the clear coat is starting to peel and they need a new look.  I was wondering what materials I need to refinsh them and how to do it.  I have little money and would like to do it myself over the summer.  If you have any advice, reply.

Thanks...

?z26 rims

Post by Guest »

Any answers yet....still waiting.

?z26 rims

Post by Guest »

Any answers yet....still waiting.

?z26 rims

Post by Guest »

Search feature? This topic has came up several time

Simplification:
Sand down the clear coat to get to the material.  In the same manner as you would sand down a car to the primer and beyond.  
Buff it To be shiny again
Put on some clear coat.  

You don't really need Special materials to do it with.  Just time.  

but first I invite you to use the SEARCH button

?z26 rims

Post by Guest »

How do use the search feature?  Not familiar with it....THANKS for the input.

?z26 rims

Post by Guest »

I just used the search feature myself.  It's odd that there aren't that much out there about refinishing wheels...... The mods must have been doing some cleaning up .... here's one that i found

Chris88CL

?z26 rims

Post by Chris88CL »

Yeah ballistic pretty much nailed it.  You can either sand down the clearcoat, or do what I did and get some aerosol airplane stripper (SAFE ON ALUMINUM, make sure it says it).  Then I sanded out the inserts and painted them, and sanded the shiny part of the wheel with 600 wet.  You can still see some surface scratches so if your not going to buff it (I didnt on one of them) make sure you go WITH the grain of the wheel.  If you are going to buff it then its not a big deal.

?z26 rims

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the input....I am not exactly sure how or when I am going to do it, but these tips were very helpful...

?z26 rims

Post by Guest »

I do know that I am waiting till this summer to do the rims....since the Beretta is a second car, it should nottake long.  I am still game fro more input from anyone.  Thanks for all your help!!!