I won the rims

Archived topics from the Wheels and Tires Forum
MAJ28

I won the rims

Post by MAJ28 »

You may know of the rims on Ebay from a '95 Z28.  I took the one other person up to $202.5 and beat him.  Yeah!! buddy!!

I'm hoping that the tires don't have way too much wear.

Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   

I won the rims

Post by Guest »

For the Beretta? i thought the Z28's bolt pattern was 5x115 or something.

I won the rims

Post by Guest »

Plus they have an offset of 0mm or somesuch.......at least old 3rd gen Camaros did.....they might stick out a LOT on a Beretta.

MAJ28

I won the rims

Post by MAJ28 »

They will bolt on to the Indy right?  You mean stick out as in width wise right?  I was actually planning on using some spacers anyway.  You think I'll have any problems with them?  I guess I'll find out.  You might just see them back on ebay again.

Jason

I won the rims

Post by Guest »

Dude... Camaro rims will NOT fit on a Beretta...

paintgod93

I won the rims

Post by paintgod93 »

Sure they will, crazy glue and a spot welder.  Maybe you can make a chair or table out of them..

1996 zed26 Worst
2000 Katana Better
2006 Gsx-R Best

I won the rims

Post by Guest »

Every Beretta rims has a 5x100 bolt pattern with 42mm offset.  With the exception of the offset, you can bolt alot of wheels on there, but only if it has a 5x100 mm offset.  So no, the z28 wheels will not fit.

Eway89GT

I won the rims

Post by Eway89GT »

LOL!!!!!!!!  enough said!

02 Grand Prix GTP Coupe: Mods:  5% tint, headlight covers, DRL switch, visors, Rims, (gotta have RWL tires), SLP Powerflo exhuast, Wizaird CAI, 3" DP w/o cat, U-bend removed , 180 thermo, 3.4 SC pulley 
Chris88CL

I won the rims

Post by Chris88CL »

Yet another reason to check things out before you bid on items on ebay  Oh well, live and learn right?

Chris
AIM: Chris88CL
lezarch@hotmail.com

MAJ28

I won the rims

Post by MAJ28 »

so could someone explain this to me? ÂÂÂ What does the offset mean? ÂÂÂ Is there a mod or part i could change that would make these fit?  (stupid Mach5 concept pic, i thought they would fit)

Jason

I won the rims

Post by Guest »

Sure sure... blame it on Mach5!!!!

Offset, AFAIK, is the depth or the lack of that the wheel sits in the wheel well... Ultimately, it boils down to how far in or out the center of the wheel is in relation to the outside rims...

hehehehehehehe... Mach5... Where'd he go anyway?

Conversion kits are made... But in order to get a 5x115 wheel to fit, they'd stick out way too far... look like a set of Daytons or something nasty...

MAJ28

I won the rims

Post by MAJ28 »

so that extra 115 rather then one mean that it will stick out from my car by 15?  15mm? 15cm?  I don't mind if they stick out, just as long as they fit.

Jason

I won the rims

Post by Guest »

nonononono...

Berettas have a bolt pattern of 5x100 meaning 5 lugs, 100mm between each of them.

Camaros have 5x115 meaning 5 lugs, 115mm between the lugs.

The offset has to do with the actual rim and how far in or out it sits on the hub of the car.  The bigger the offset, the farther they stick out (i believe).

First things to consider is bolt pattern, if it doesn't match exactly, they wont fit

MAJ28

I won the rims

Post by MAJ28 »

Quote (Dante93GTZ @ Mar. 14 2002,09:38)Sure sure... blame it on Mach5!!!!

Offset, AFAIK, is the depth or the lack of that the wheel sits in the wheel well... Ultimately, it boils down to how far in or out the center of the wheel is in relation to the outside rims...

hehehehehehehe... Mach5... Where'd he go anyway?

Conversion kits are made... But in order to get a 5x115 wheel to fit, they'd stick out way too far... look like a set of Daytons or something nasty...
Did you say i could buy an adapter kit?  Do you know how much$?  Perhaps someone could tell me how far they would stick out?

Thanks,
Jason

I won the rims

Post by Guest »

ANYONE want to BUY the golden gate bridge, I'll make you a deal!  Just making the point, that if someone has what you NEED for the car, then just buy it, those who snooze lose when they start shopping around, buy the right part, pay the money, and move on. That's the way it is when restoring a car!!!!!