Tires that last.

Archived topics from the Wheels and Tires Forum

Tires that last.

Post by Guest »

I need some tires that are going to last a while.
My dunlop sp sport a2s are going to be lucky to make it 20K.
My struts were were out and that didn't help, but I've heard several other ppl say their d60a2 didn't last. The d60a2 is the older version of the sport a2. These tires were supposed to be 50,000 mile tires.
I don't need a super high performance tire or anything. I just get on the highway and drive forever. But I want something that does good in rain.

Tires that last.

Post by Guest »

go to walmart and find something that's guaranteed to go however many miles you need, that way you can come back on them if they don't

Canada

Tires that last.

Post by Canada »

The Generals I have on my rear are taking forever to wear down. They were on the front of the car when I got it 2.5 years ago at about 1/2 tread. The were there for a good year and a half before they got demoted to the rear. I've gotten 20,000 miles on my car so far, so I'm guess they have gone through at least 40,000.

Check tirerack.com and read the reviews.

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta
Canada

Tires that last.

Post by Canada »

Tirerack has Continental ContiTouring Contact CH95 for $60....very cheap in your tire size.

I also saw Firestone Affinity LH-30 with UNI-T for $77.

You may find others....

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta
Kevskate99

Tires that last.

Post by Kevskate99 »

BAH! Firestone, I wouln't trust any car with Firestone tires let alone buy them. I could have sworn I saw something that one of the Firestone's branch off's had some problems with their tires recently. Get some good Pirelli's or something.

z284pwr

Tires that last.

Post by z284pwr »

How long do those warrantys last for anyways?  The ones on our Trans-Am are 30 years old about now...and may "still" be under warranty...hmm...haha...the original ones on the Beretta lasted ALONG time, I don't know for sure, I can find out in the Morning...but it was a long time, thats for sure, all Highway miles too...4 seasons a year as well..

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto

Tires that last.

Post by Guest »

Quote (JasonK @ Sep. 20 2002,5:58)My dunlop sp sport a2s are going to be lucky to make it 20K.
Uh, oh, When I bought mine the reviews at Tire Rack praised them for long life tread.  Being a fairly new tire at the time maybe people were estimating "long life" based on fairly few miles.  I think mine have about 15K and still look pretty good, but I'm used to getting about 50K or more out of my old Goodyears.

90INDYLIN

Tires that last.

Post by 90INDYLIN »

Try Goodyear HP's they are an all around tire, compare them wth others on Tire Rack's views.

90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)

Tires that last.

Post by Guest »

Quote (Canada @ Sep. 20 2002,6:26)The Generals I have on my rear are taking forever to wear down. They were on the front of the car when I got it 2.5 years ago at about 1/2 tread. The were there for a good year and a half before they got demoted to the rear. I've gotten 20,000 miles on my car so far, so I'm guess they have gone through at least 40,000.

Check tirerack.com and read the reviews.
Generals wear out like iron.  But they also ride like iron.

zach82

Tires that last.

Post by zach82 »

BF Goodrich Radial T/A is a good all around... run between 60-70 each depending on size.

I've had a set of them for 2 years now... they've worked pretty well in conditions ranging from snow to the drag strip.

1994 Purple Pearl Base (RWD conversion project)
1973/77 Ford 3/4 ton 4X4 long bed
1987 Suzuki Samurai / heavily modded
My site  http://www.zcm82.net

Tires that last.

Post by Guest »

goodyear hp or gt are very good tires.

Tires that last.

Post by Guest »

I have those Dunlop sp sport a2s on my 90 GT and they are doing fine. I'v done lots of burnouts and they seem to hold out very well. Mine are 205/50/15 and they cost me $122.50 each canadian. My struts and front end is messed up and i have been driving on them for like 5k now and have not much tire wear at all. I like the tread pattern and over all I seem to like them.

Tires that last.

Post by Guest »

You can't go wrong with Goodyear.  I've heard that they are the best on tread wear too and that's what you're looking for.

Tires that last.

Post by Guest »

goodyear eagle hp

Tires that last.

Post by Guest »

My Indy had original tires for 10 years and 59k miles!  I now have some crappy Grand Spirit Aquaflows!!!  They suck, but I'll replace them in the spring.