Eibach springs

Archived topics from the Suspension and Brakes Forum

Eibach springs

Post by Guest »

For thoughs of you that have purchased eibach lowering springs that got them installed at a shop im wondering about how much did it cost to have them installed? THanks for your help

MAD MARK

Eibach springs

Post by MAD MARK »

I installed my back ones but they charged me $35 for the front ones because of the compression factor and everything.

MAD MARK

Eibach springs

Post by Guest »

Les Schwab charged around 450 total (springs included).  I'm sure you can do the back shock your self with Haynes.  the front struts might be stuck so try going to a shop to do it, like Pep Boys or so.

Nafterclifen

Eibach springs

Post by Nafterclifen »

I just went to a local garage here (Kost) where I know a guy who does good work. He wants like $300 to install front struts and springs all the way around. According to the book, it takes 5.4 hours just to do the front. The back is easy, or so I hear...

1996 Beretta Z26
15.412 @ 88.03 MPH
NVMYGTZ

Eibach springs

Post by NVMYGTZ »

That’s a crazy price just for a install!
Do the back your self, it easy.
1. Raise car place on jack stands
2. Place jack under rear axle
3. Raise rear axle till the shocks are free enough to remove the lower bolts.
4. One those bolts are removed SLOWLY lower rear axle(be vary careful not to let a spring fly out & hit you)
5. The axle should swing down enough that the rear springs just drop out.
6. Remove the rubber mounts that were on the stock springs if they stuck and place them on the new ones.
Now it helps if you have a second person for the install so they can hold the new springs in the upper perch.
7. Do the opposite of above =)

The FT can be done by your self if you have the correct spring compressors.
But when your done have your car realigned.

CoolZ26

Eibach springs

Post by CoolZ26 »

Word.....  

'04 RSX Type S
14.2@99mph w/ horrible 60'
Injen CAI
Hondata ECU reflash
Hondata IMG
Greddy EVO 2 exhaust
DC Raceheader
ESMM
Eibach Sportlines
AIM= andy4483

Eibach springs

Post by Guest »

450~ was the price with springs (228 +installation).  I was younger back then....    

Eibach springs

Post by Guest »

Just want to say it doesn't take 5.4 hours to replace the fronts.

I belive I did new struts, shocks, springs and strut mounts in 5 hours. That includes taking a trip to have someone uncompress the old springs and put on new springs, struts and strut mounts on them... (safer than doing it yourself, 10 bucks a side) I did have my dad helping me though.

But I then had to have someplace to align it...

Chris88CL

Eibach springs

Post by Chris88CL »

For safety I highly recommend putting a chain through the rear springs and wrapping the chain around the axle and putting a bolt and nut through the chain so if the spring does pop out under pressure for some reason, it can only fly about 6 inches before the chain stops it.  It takes all of 5 minutes at the most and could possibly save your life. ÂÂÂ
SAFETY FIRST

Chris
AIM: Chris88CL
lezarch@hotmail.com

Eibach springs

Post by Guest »

ah you saw that one on tnn

Eibach springs

Post by Guest »

I've removed the rear springs before by lowering the axle and on a Beretta a chain is not nessasary. Allthough don't hold me reliable if it does happen and you die! j/k

Really though on mine I lowered the axle and the spring comes out of tension very nicely and is fully uncompressed before you can even slide it out of the way it's put in there. Now 95-96 axles are different I have no idea how those uncompress.... The back top of the spring on the 87-94 axles tends to be the first thing to uncompress but still it won't fly out...