Building a quad 4

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Building a quad 4

Post by Guest »

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Setbacks!!!

Man I hate it when I screw up. I've had the engine apart for so long that I forgot that I didn't clean the old gasket off the water pump elbow. As soon as I filled the system it started dripping. Thats fixed now. At least I didn't have the exhaust manifold on yet.

Oh well, thats nothing. While I had everything apart I sent my injectors to be ultrasonicly (did I just make that up?) cleaned. Now that everything was back together I tried to start it and the engine wouldn't catch. After some poking around I found out only cylinder 3's injector is firing. Guess I'm off to the place that cleaned the injectors tommorow to get them to right their wrong.

Maybe after the injectors are figured out I can finally here it running....I hope.

Building a quad 4

Post by Guest »

the ultra sonic cleaners use a special liquid for electronics. if your just cleaning metal, then you dont have to have this stuff. i hope they didnt put your injectors in the bath with the wrong fluid!

Building a quad 4

Post by Guest »

Quote (autobionics @ Jan. 20 2003,11:49)i hope they didnt put your injectors in the bath with the wrong fluid!
Ya, I hope not too! But injectors do contain electronics, theres a plug for each one.

Building a quad 4

Post by Guest »

yea, thats what im sayin