Spark plugs

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Spark plugs

Post by Guest »

Hey there i was just wondering what are the best sparks plugs you can put into these berettas. i've got a 88 gt 2.8 and i've put the bosh platinum 4 sparks in and it runs like s###. so if anybody out their has had any luck with those so called performance plugs please let me know which ones you used cuz this is a real pain in the but. thanks in advance,
warren

wicked-irocz

Spark plugs

Post by wicked-irocz »

I always just use the AC Delco single electrode plugs except for, in my camaro I used Bosch Platinum single electrode plugs because they are supposed to last a long time (it took me like 2 1/2 hrs to replace the 8 plugs on that car) and I dont want to replace them again.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
conlinj

Spark plugs

Post by conlinj »

You have to watch on the Bosch Platinum 4's oil can get in there and stop the spark.  I use ac delco, if you want a better plug just get the AC Rapidfire's their platinum and have a projected tip.  Keep your GM all GM use AC Delco parts

Jim Conlin
1986 Camaro Z28
1986 Firebird Formula
1988 Monte Carlo LS
2007 Trailblazer SS
Looking for another GTZ

Spark plugs

Post by Guest »

I have the bosh platinum 4 sparks plugs in my car and they are great.  I have a 3.1 auto.  I even have the yellow jacob coils.  People say they are crappy but they are working for me.  I noticed a difference with the coils and plungs, even with the a/c on, there is a powerlose like always but not as much as I had when there were different plugs with the stock coils.....sorry if they are not wokring for you

conlinj

Spark plugs

Post by conlinj »

I used them in my Mazda and my old beretta 2.0.  They were ok, but the ngk's lasted longer in the mazda and I swear by delco rapid fires now (camaro and the gtz)

Jim Conlin
1986 Camaro Z28
1986 Firebird Formula
1988 Monte Carlo LS
2007 Trailblazer SS
Looking for another GTZ
88GTRacer

Spark plugs

Post by 88GTRacer »

ACDelco Rapidfires is the way to go.  88GTRacer

"It is one of the most beautiful shapes on the road. Aero, alluring and very aggressive.
It is a Beretta, the new performance coupe from Chevrolet."