Daytime running lights ...

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum
ettore

Post by ettore »

Hello,

I am buying a Beretta from the states.  I know the car has to have Daytime running lights in order to pass safety BUT I was wondering what Canadian Beretta's had for DRLs

I mean, were the daytime running lights the actual headlamps or the parking lamps or the foglamps?

The Beretta that I am buying is a 92/93 (not sure of the year yet) so anyone with one of those two year's Berettas in Canada ... your help would be appreciated.

Orange Mica Z26 205,000k Click to See

Post by Guest »

Yep, it'll need to have the DRL's for those years. Starting in 91 (I think) Canada started requiring all new cars to have a DRL. To get that car your bringing over saftied for the road you'll have to probably have to bring it to the Ministry of Transportation to have it done. The DRL's on a Beretta are the headlights. After that saftey is done you can always pull the fuse for the DRL without any problems.

(Does anyone want me to say "DRL" again?  )

ettore

Post by ettore »

Hmmm, so they were the headlights not the parking lights eh?

For DRLs we just buy an little module from Can. Tire for like $10, wraps around your spark-plug wires and turns on the lights when the engine's running.

Post by Guest »

I'm sure that would work just fine. As long as the lights automatically come on when the car starts.

?!?!?!"Wraps around your spark-plug wires"?!?!?

Post by Guest »

Canada required that all 1990 model passenger vehicles and newer are required to have DRLs...

ettore

Post by ettore »

Yes, the wire wraps around the spark plug wires.  In that way, it detects ONLY when the engine is running SOOO they are ACTUALLY daytime 'running' lights unlike most daytime lgths that are merely 'lights-on-when-key-is-in-the-on-position'