Oil in throttle body

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum
MAJ28

Oil in throttle body

Post by MAJ28 »

ME!

Today I decided tear apart my ride just to take a look around, and thus behold I found this:
My Throttle Body as of like 20 minutes ago...

Tiff tells me this means that my piston rings are totally toasted...  lucky me.

-Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   
tweekster64

Oil in throttle body

Post by tweekster64 »

I clicked, and it told me it cannot be accessed froma remote site.....

1991 Ford F150 Lariat XLT ext cab-short box
1990 Lincoln Town Car
   I'll have another Beretta someday
MAJ28

Oil in throttle body

Post by MAJ28 »

oops guess you'll have to copy and paste...   www15.brinkster.com/maj28indy/TA02.jpg

-Jason

Oil in throttle body

Post by Guest »

Will you leave that car alone before it's such a mess, it'll never get straightened out!!!! Haven't you learned yet? Oh Brother, you're like a 2 year old that has to get into everything.

Oil in throttle body

Post by Guest »

The PCV valve recirculates back into the intake, that will put some oil into the intake system.  That does not seem like an excessive amount of oil to me.

MAJ28

Oil in throttle body

Post by MAJ28 »

I don't know, it just doesn't comfort me...  not that it matters...

I wasn't playing with it, just wanted to take a looksie...

Oil in throttle body

Post by Guest »

get a breather cap, and if it still gets in there then i dont know what to tell ya.

Oil in throttle body

Post by Guest »

Quote (Smcf MR2T @ Dec. 19 2002,10:32)The PCV valve recirculates back into the intake, that will put some oil into the intake system.  That does not seem like an excessive amount of oil to me.
Yeah, into the intake, but not into the hose between the air cleaner and throttle body. He's either got a clogged or clogging pcv valve causing back pressure through the other valve cover and pushing the oil out through that fresh air tube leading to the intake hose..... Or, Severe blow by, which has caused severe crank case pressure which again is venting back through the front valve cover and that fresh air tube.  

MAJ28

Oil in throttle body

Post by MAJ28 »

after almost 6 months we might have found the problem.. not that it's an easy fix now.

berettagt5spd

Oil in throttle body

Post by berettagt5spd »

Quote (JCZ26 @ Dec. 19 2002,10:53)Will you leave that car alone before it's such a mess, it'll never get straightened out!!!! Haven't you learned yet? Oh Brother, you're like a 2 year old that has to get into everything.
Thats what I told him!!

-Tiff Baker
'94 Cavi Z24
'89 GT/U MySpace!

Oil in throttle body

Post by Guest »

Quote (JCZ26 @ Dec. 20 2002,1:34)Quote (Smcf MR2T @ Dec. 19 2002,10:32)The PCV valve recirculates back into the intake, that will put some oil into the intake system.  That does not seem like an excessive amount of oil to me.
Yeah, into the intake, but not into the hose between the air cleaner and throttle body. He's either got a clogged or clogging pcv valve causing back pressure through the other valve cover and pushing the oil out through that fresh air tube leading to the intake hose..... Or, Severe blow by, which has caused severe crank case pressure which again is venting back through the front valve cover and that fresh air tube. ÂÂÂ
all engines have alittle bit of blow by and are going to push some oil into the intake tube to releave the pressure, eventually that oil makes its way into the TB.

Oil in throttle body

Post by Guest »

Quote (berettagt5spd @ Dec. 20 2002,10:29)Quote (JCZ26 @ Dec. 19 2002,10:53)Will you leave that car alone before it's such a mess, it'll never get straightened out!!!! Haven't you learned yet? Oh Brother, you're like a 2 year old that has to get into everything.
Thats what I told him!!
LOL, so I'm not the only one, gotta love it! Poor Jason, always trying to compete with the big boys, and causes all his own problems. I forgive him though, because his folks don't  

lugnutz

Oil in throttle body

Post by lugnutz »

Quote (JCZ26 @ Dec. 20 2002,12:34)Quote
Yeah, into the intake, but not into the hose between the air cleaner and throttle body. He's either got a clogged or clogging pcv valve causing back pressure through the other valve cover and pushing the oil out through that fresh air tube leading to the intake hose..... Or, Severe blow by, which has caused severe crank case pressure which again is venting back through the front valve cover and that fresh air tube. ÂÂÂ
I had the same problem with oil in the intake hose, after replacing the almost completely clogged PCV valve it doesn't happen anymore  

Bnet member #21
'91 3.1 5spd --- SOLD
'04 GTO 6spd

Oil in throttle body

Post by Guest »

Ya. clean it up. replace the PCV valve. See what happens. It's cheap.

Are you loosing any power? are you burning any oil? does it smoke out the back blue smoke?
If not you probably are ok.

I know on 3100's the rear valve cover has a tube that goes into the hose between the TB and the aircleaner. but that one is vent only and doesn't have a PCV valve...

My 3100 has over 13x,xxx miles and I don't burn hardly any oil. Last oil change I had not added any oil, and I had only lost like 1.5 ounces, and I think that's mainly from not having an o-ring on my drain plug which is leaking. also the thing that the oil filter screws onto, is leaking where it screws to the block

And I get on it hard all the time! It doesn't leak any oil anywhere since I replaced the intake gasket, except for where I just said which is easily fixed. Oh and my valve train is worn as it's quite noisy even when the lifters have filled with oil. Still hauls ### though!

Point is chevy engines don't burn oil typically. 2 friends honda's both burn oil and they have about the same amount of miles as mine. (92 civic, 94 acord). Oh and don't forget mitsubishi engines. Hehe the new dodge van's burn oil all the time out the back ahahhah

Oil in throttle body

Post by Guest »

My old 91 GT would throw enough oil up in there to be annoying. Its still running today with probably 135K or more on it.
My 95 Z puts enough oil up into the throttlebody to make a mess also.
But I don't have to add any oil between changes at 5K intervals on synthetic.