Heating and cooling

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Heating and cooling

Post by Guest »

People I have good vacume and all of the flaps in the ducts work but I have zero air flow coming through any of the vents.
The blower fan is also working properly, any ideas? ÂÂÂ

Heating and cooling

Post by Guest »

check to make sure your vacuum check valave is working, and you do not have new neighbors ( mice ) in your cowl that have made a nest. it is one of the two.

Heating and cooling

Post by Guest »

I had the same problem.  I could hear the fan running but no air was coming out.  I took out the fan motor (had to remove the alternator first to make room) and looked in.  Looking in towards the center of the car there's what looks like a small radiator there (is this the Evaporator Core?).

Anyway this was CAKED with dust.  I could have scraped it clean with my fingernails if I could have reached it all.  Instead I sprayed it with Brake Cleaner and blasted it with compressed air.  Black crap came flying out.  I repeated this about four times, and cleaned it all up with paper towels.  Now I have plenty of air flow.  By the way I chose Brake Cleaner because it seemed more like a cleaner than a solvent;  I didn't want a stinky, oily residue in there in case it came out through the vents.

Heating and cooling

Post by Guest »

I had this problem first check your connections to the fan are not dirty if so wipe them off. That’s what happen with mine and it works fine now.