Relocating the battery

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Relocating the battery

Post by Guest »

Can any one give me a general breakdown of how to relocate the battery to the back of the car, including materials i would need. I need some space in the engin bay, for a project in working on. Let me ask you guys a question, does the radiator really need the resevoir to be that large? I have seen cars with smaller ones than ours, why is this?

gar187er

Relocating the battery

Post by gar187er »

jcwhitney i  know sells a kit to reloctae a battery, everything you need, except a case i think..... but they sell those too, not too expensive around $50.00, for the kit that is IIRC

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

Relocating the battery

Post by Guest »

The 92+ berettas have the washer resevoir in the front so it does not look as big. I guess you could try and take one off a diffrent car so it would fit in better. The 92+ is Pressurized too.
Heres a pic of a 91 and earler.

and a 92+

Relocating the battery

Post by Guest »

the prices range i have seen them as high as $125, and i have a question would it be smart to move the battery, dont you want more weight over the drive axle i thought thats why they moved the battery to the trunk on the rwd cars??

Relocating the battery

Post by Guest »

Well guys, how about this, I run two batteries in the car!  That's right, one up front, and the other is mouned in the trunk. The answer to why 2 batteries is simple, the car had been turbo'ed last year, and there was no place for the battery, but I've done away with the turbo set up, and but a battery back in the hole, besides, I can jump start from either end. The cost? about $30.00 complete with wire, battery terminals and box. I bought the box at a marine store (boat sale store) $10.00, but I was in sears the other day, they sell them for $8.95. I went to autozone, bought the battery terminal ends, and bought the crimp type tips with the eyelet for the 2 cables you need to make. I went to an electrical supply store for the cable. No, not home depot, but a store that electricians would buy stuff at. They got me about 25 or so feet of braided copper welding cable, and I don't remember what gauge, I'll check if need be, cost was about $17.00. I mounted the battery box hold down strap in the trunk. I bought some rubber grommets for the hole which the cable comes up through the trunk floor. I connected one end of the cable to the starter, snaked the cable along the frame rail and wire tied the cable to what ever was avail under the car, (lt side along the floor and rocker panel). Brought the cable through the trunk floor, and cut to a suitable length. I used what was left as my ground cable, from the battery, and the other end I used a crimp eyelet and bolted it to the body. Set the box in place, the battery, connected the cables, popped on the box lid, and tightened up the strap. Looks good, works great, stays put!

RebelGT

Relocating the battery

Post by RebelGT »

your turbo'd your beretta? I'd be interested in seeing some pics if I could. As well as finding out where you got the manifolds made, what parts you used etc.  

90BerettaGTZ

Relocating the battery

Post by 90BerettaGTZ »

summitracind.com has a complete setup for a decent price. comes complete with instructions. the stainless steel version is alot more expensive.