4t60-e trannies

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum
ErichZ26

4t60-e trannies

Post by ErichZ26 »

L67's trans is a 3T40 with a few upgrades, described as similar to what the fiero's have.

I think your beating your trans or there were problems that were not corrected during earlier repairs.   I think you know that when your car is slipping on pavement and catches, that is rough on a trans.    nocutt is also correct about the Limited Slip Differential, however, with and stiff stock FE3 or moddied suspension you need to becareful, a LSD has less give for panic driving, and requires more skills and faster response

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
nocutt

4t60-e trannies

Post by nocutt »

Mo-Me-Mop...

Z26er

4t60-e trannies

Post by Z26er »

Ok.. FOr one yeah sure i beat on it on the weekends however as i said.. the original trannies only problem was reverse and i think that was mostly becuase of the shift settings.. ( And for those of you that say Z26's aren't fast.. well stock NO they aren't.. They needs a little bit of engine work! ) Anyway as i was saying i think the junk yard tranny was in the junkyard for a reason. Right now i'm getting ready to switch  the trannies back  i got that support bracket for the driver's side shock out and most of the bolts that hold it to the engine out .. as i was saying though when i bought the car i'd barely tap the gas and the tires would give a nice little chirp ( In other words.. I'd try and just go off like a grandma, but it wouldn't happen! ) So this kinda brings me to beleive the original tranny was rebuilt or brought up a few levels

Boost is addictive, more boost is more addictive
90 TSI FWD: will get fixed someday.. maybe..
86 conquest TSi: The new toy,  boosted RWD is fun.. till you snap lug nut studs although no 1st gear kinda SUCKS!
95 Beretta Z26: i don't think i'll ever get rid of this thing, i've tried already.

4t60-e trannies

Post by Guest »

Quote (Z26er @ Aug. 30 2002,5:25)( And for those of you that say Z26's aren't fast.. well stock NO they aren't.. They needs a little bit of engine work! )
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but the guy who said they're slow (paintgod) had "a little bit of engine work", in the form of ported manifolds, a 50 shot of nitrous, etc., and (no offense paintgod), his car was still slow

Z26er

4t60-e trannies

Post by Z26er »

Z26 haters! Only thing i'm gonna say is .. i'll race ya.. after i get the tranny in.. Turns out .. the differential inside the tranny ( along with a couple engaement clutches and gears) are completely FUBARed!  SO i'm kinda stuck sitting on me arse and calling up the parts department of a dealer for a level 10 differential... Or i can just play the "it's my 18nth birthday) trick on my old man .. hey it worked for a few of my friends..

And i don't care if he did have ported manifolds.. he needed ported heads roller rocker's and high compression forged piston heads  and a bigger exhuast.. not to mention a 5 speed manual conversion.. besides.. it depends on the driver more then the car on how slow the car is.. and for Z26's being slow.. i sure did beat alot of Cars/SUV's and They weren't no family cars neither..     ( by the way.. does he have a custom programmed computer to take advantage of those mod's?

86 conquest TSi: The new toy,  boosted RWD is fun.. till you snap lug nut studs although no 1st gear kinda SUCKS!
95 Beretta Z26: i don't think i'll ever get rid of this thing, i've tried already.
ErichZ26

4t60-e trannies

Post by ErichZ26 »

Z26 and slow...depends... I think they have some speed advantages at highway speeds.  FDR is an issue.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
Z26er

4t60-e trannies

Post by Z26er »

I got's another tranny ( yeaaa) But after this i'm gettign rid of it for cash and buying a conquest TSI turbo, Possibly.

4t60-e trannies

Post by Guest »

my fake z26 isn't that slow..wanna race? you know what just went through my mind..did you ever try getting a new radiator or flushing it..might still have crap in it cause the new ones to fail. autos need to be very clean

Z26er

4t60-e trannies

Post by Z26er »

Ok i'm most likely keeping my Z26 but later on in life doing some MAJOR mod's to it.. if it's possible ( like adding a DOHC vortech engine under the hood with a 5 speed) I got to ride in one of my friends stereo competition trucks.. it has a 4.0 liter DOHC vortech 6 cylinder and a camaro 5 speed and camaro rear axle.. and it was FAST! only problem is his SES light likes to stay on ( he says his truck has issues).

But i DO know that i can add a 5 speed.. only problem is looking for one for the 6 cylinder MPFI ( i can deal with having to look at an SES light if i get a 5 speed) But i want to throw in a DOHC! although i'd definitly have to get a computer for that engine