Windshields`

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

My front windshield has a ton of small scratches all over.  I went to the autopart store and they said to bring it to a professional.  To any of you know of any products to remove scratches from a window.

Kevskate99

Windshields`

Post by Kevskate99 »

You can't really remove scratches from glass, you would have to replace it. MAYBE a pro can somewhat fix it but it still won't ever look like new.

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

eastwood in PA sells a glass buffing kit to remove fine scratches in a glass. About 20$

ErichZ26

Windshields`

Post by ErichZ26 »

J C whitney does as well.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

Quote (oo7ma @ Dec. 03 2002,12:08)My front windshield has a ton of small scratches all over.  I went to the autopart store and they said to bring it to a professional.  To any of you know of any products to remove scratches from a window.
To answer your question, Yeah, "A BIG ROCK"!!!    

Kevskate99

Windshields`

Post by Kevskate99 »

Yeah, tell one of your friends about it and hope they break it for you without you telling them to. And then call your Ins. Co.

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

i know this works (it sounds weird but trust me on it ) i had a few small scratches on mine and an old shade tree mechanic told me to use  tooth paste on it. just use the tooth paste like your waxing the windsheild it does work on small scratches

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

are you serious???  How would that remove scratches.  I have a lot of SMALL scratches on my windshield, but i will give  it a shot.

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

the tooth paste does work ive used it on a window before, dont know how it works but it does

Kevskate99

Windshields`

Post by Kevskate99 »

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

Quote (Kevskate99 @ Dec. 08 2002,11:12)
What the heck do you want to work in a body shop for? With that sponge of a brain, you could do something else more worthwhile, and make millions!!!!!! ÂÂÂ

Kevskate99

Windshields`

Post by Kevskate99 »

I want to start my own business with autobody and tech repair. Hopefully within 10 years I'll be able to do that. I'm already taking business management.

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

what toothpaste should I use.  I know there is extra white, mint, and even the ones with floride, and Cavity protection.   LOL, I will just try what I got at home.

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

ok, toothpaste DID NOT WORK, so i ordered this.  http://www.caswellplating.com/frames.ph ... /glass.htm

I will tell you all how it comes out.