Carpet

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Carpet

Post by Guest »

I'm curious how much it would cost to get new carpet for my car, it has a bunch of cigarette burns and i don't like it. And i'm curious how hard it is to put in? Does it come in a roll or is it molded?

Carpet

Post by Guest »

They come molded. I'm about to buy one myself. I love the look of new carpet, and my old carpet is ruined from water leakages, and it was in rough condition to begin with.

Installation should be pretty straight forward. Removing the center console is just a few bolts, as are the seats, the door sills are attached by just a few screws, and the kick panels are attached by a torx screw. All in all, I'd imagine you could have the interior stripped for the new carpet in about a half hour, not even that if you work fast. It's a pretty much throw out, throw in job. You might have to do a little cutting to get it to fit properly, since some pre-molded carpet has a little extra.

Either way post new pictures, new carpet is great!

Cheers,
-Steve

MAD MARK

Carpet

Post by MAD MARK »

Taking out the carpet WILL take you MORE than 30 minutes. Plan for about a hour to hour and a half. And thats if all the bolts come out easy. I just did this in my GTZ. I had all the tools ready and even WD-40 with me and it took about 105 minutes.

Dont forget that you have to take out all the seat railings and the seatbelts. The seat railing are the harest as a couple were rusted in there.

Keep us informed where you are going to buy this new carpet from Puck.

MAD MARK

Carpet

Post by Guest »

you can get it around 100-130 bucks on ebay it comes pre-molded and customized to the year vehical you have w/ all the specs i've seen it on there a few times!          let me know how it comes out mine could use a replacing!

Carpet

Post by Guest »

Quote (MAD MARK @ Sep. 01 2002,12:47)Taking out the carpet WILL take you MORE than 30 minutes. Plan for about a hour to hour and a half. And thats if all the bolts come out easy. I just did this in my GTZ. I had all the tools ready and even WD-40 with me and it took about 105 minutes.

Dont forget that you have to take out all the seat railings and the seatbelts. The seat railing are the harest as a couple were rusted in there.

Keep us informed where you are going to buy this new carpet from Puck.
Hey Mark, I've pretty much settled on Metro Parts Market:
http://www.metropartsmarket.com/catalog ... at-c3.html

$110, not bad at all. They also have pictures of the colours and material, pretty cool.

I'm going to order as soon as I find out why my car is leaking. I don't want to ruin my new carpet. BTW, anybody know why I have puddles of water in my drivers area and rear passenger area after it rains?

Thanks,
-Steve

Carpet

Post by Guest »

Hey I had a problem like this on my Gt.  I traced the water to coming in because of worn weather stripping on the door.  It ran down the door frame on the body and under the plastic trim on the door still.  Had water in the whole back floor.  Another know culprit for the water is the fire wall.  There are some seams that dont seal from the factory and well leak.  There are some detailed pics and stuff in the achives i think for this problem , I'd check that out.  

Also does that new carpet come in 2 parts or one whole part?

ErichZ26

Carpet

Post by ErichZ26 »

aftermarket carpet is poop.  I replaced my carpet in my 1991 and 1995.  If your carpet is wet, you can clean it. If tis burnt or stained, replace it.  I paid over $300, I think its worth it, and have purchased it.   If your car is older and discontinued, try salvage yards, I have recycled carpet and cleaned it. ÂÂÂ

Also there is NO match for 93-96 light grey...none!  The factory is dense and fits floor pan well.  Never glue carpet to floor.

If you must use aftermarket clean your old carpet and glue the new stuff to the old. ÂÂÂ

I have done a few things to restore my cars.

The person i bought my 1991 from took out the ducts for the aftermarket and installed it with double sided tape....very getto, the 4 month old aftermarket $110 carpet went into the garbage can, and a nice piece of 9 year old carpet went in.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26