Dash distorting

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Dash distorting

Post by Guest »

My dash is kind of coming apart or rather distorting around the vents in the center of the dash where the radio and A/C controls are.  It's right above the black trip piece that it's distorting up so it's not a flush fit.  And also it's happeneing above the cup holder section and the right vents.  Is their a way to fix this so its a nice flush fit again?

lugnutz

Dash distorting

Post by lugnutz »

Mine is doing the same thing, its not real bad around the defroster vents but its lifting in the well above the cup holder.  I don't think there is any way to repair it, just have to replace the dash.  

Bnet member #21
'91 3.1 5spd --- SOLD
'04 GTO 6spd
ErichZ26

Dash distorting

Post by ErichZ26 »

I can get blue, grey and garnet interior dashes for 1993-96 eaasily.  Jim, good condition medium greys are hard to find if that is what you have.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
lugnutz

Dash distorting

Post by lugnutz »

Quote (ErichZ26 @ Mar. 27 2002,1:54)I can get blue, grey and garnet interior dashes for 1993-96 eaasily.  Jim, good condition medium greys are hard to find if that is what you have.
Mine is garnet

Bnet member #21
'91 3.1 5spd --- SOLD
'04 GTO 6spd

Dash distorting

Post by Guest »

I need one for an 88-90 in any color will do at this point

Dash distorting

Post by Guest »

Quote I need one for an 88-90 in any color will do at this point

I'll second that. I have a maroon interior currently, BUT, Ive been swapping out a few different parts from a black interior (mainly the center console so far)

My dash is crap, a few of my friends cannot beleive how $hitty the dash is.

From what I understand, Its extremely diffucult to find a early model retta with a mint dash.

Dash distorting

Post by Guest »

My dash was cracked and warped in the center.  I bought a dash cap for $80.00 and glued it down.  It does not look that bad, but I had to cut away almost all of the old dashboard to get the cover to fit.

Dash distorting

Post by Guest »

oo7ma, do you have any pictures of your dash cap?  My dash is a little warped, too, and I was thinking about buying a dash cap, but I'm not sure how good they look.

I had bought a dash cover from JC Whitney and it was a waste of money.  They make the car look so cheap.

Dash distorting

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a grey or black dash for a 91 GTZ?

Dash distorting

Post by Guest »

my dash is doing the same thing, if somebody knows where I can get a blue one let me know, I've got a 88GT

ErichZ26

Dash distorting

Post by ErichZ26 »

I have a un warped 1987-90 grey dash.  It needs to be dyed. The glue under comes through and makes the grey look purple.

I try to look for black and medium grey 1991-92 Dashes, but those are hard to come by.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26

Dash distorting

Post by Guest »

Hey Erich, my friend is looking for a dash out of an '88 Toyota Truck. I know you specialize in Berettas, Fieros, and 6000s, but I figure you have the hookup in places for dashes.

Just asking for him,
-Steve

Dash distorting

Post by Guest »

Any chance of getting a pic of the 88-90 dash Erich?