Chris88cl

Looking to buy or sell something? Check the buyer or sellers history here.

Chris88cl

Post by Guest »

We agreed to a deal for a handful of parts at the end of June. He received full payment less than 2 weeks later (not bad considering I totalled my car days earlier) I still have not received everything, even after bickering over what he had initially agreed to sell me. I conceded, and still am waiting for one piece. Patience is something I am abundant in, but my tolerance for lying is short.

Poor communication skills.

Considering I have purchased two other things from him prior to this year, I would have expected better treatment.

Especially from a MODERATOR.

As a long time member of this mailing list/board and donator to the upkeep of the Beretta.Net server, my disappointment in the resolution of this matter is deep.

Chris88CL

Chris88cl

Post by Chris88CL »

Your disappointment is just that....all yours.
The part in question was never included in the original sale price of the items sold to you.  You received everything you paid for and after enough bickering I eventually told you I would send the final remaining item, however since its of course FREE (IE not included in original sale price) it wasnt at the top of my priority list.  Working 80 hours/WEEK however has been.
The item has been packaged and ready to send for a couple weeks now, but due to your constant whining and complaining I am not sending it to you, period.  Had you chosen to be patient and wait, or deal with me...then perhaps.  But trying to go above my head and have my moderator status removed was uncalled for.  However, if its that big of a deal, I'll resign.  I barely have time for bnet anymore anyway.  The part itself isnt important to me, which is why Im giving it away for free to whoever wants it with free shipping (the same deal you were getting, only your not getting it this time).
Incase you havent guessed, Im proving a point on this one.  
Now that both sides of the story have been told, and you know what the ultimate outcome is...you can do whatever you want.  Push to have my moderator status removed (I already gave it up what, twice? due to time constraints) if you wish, or suck it up and find something better to complain about.  Bottom line is you got the items you paid for, and your not getting what you didnt pay for anymore.

Chris88cl

Post by Guest »

Well, actually the original sale was for:
1. 1 Intake plenum
2. 2 exhaust manifolds
3. 1 crossover pipe
4. 1 downpipe

After not receiving everything in the first shipment (only received intake plenum, x-over and 1 exhaust mani) I told you what was missing. You agreed that you still had the downpipe, and would send it when you could. But at that time, you said the deal was for only one exhaust mani and you would not send a 2nd one. Having conceded on the 2nd exhaust manifold, patiently I waited for the downpipe.

Now you say the downpipe wasnt included in the sale? Well, isnt that rich. Apparently you dont remember the AIM conversation we had where you admitted to owing me the downpipe.

The point is your are being obstinate.
Yes I went to the moderators for assistance.
Yes you have had my money and parts since the end of June.

What would you have done when your patience (4+ months worth) was being tried?

Chris88CL

Chris88cl

Post by Chris88CL »

You've been trying my patience for just as long.  Obviously if I was trying to screw you, I wouldnt have sent anything.  ÂÂÂ
But, after your whining and complaining I did admit that I would send you the downpipe.  Apparently you didnt get your free part fast enough...so now your not getting it at all.  Sorry.  Theres really not much else to discuss.
If people dont want to buy things from me anymore, thats ok with me.  I dont make a living out of it, I did it because I had access to rare parts at the time.  Infact, I highly doubt I'll sell anything to another member that I dont fully trust again.
Anyone that knows me, knows Im trustworthy.  Those that dont know me, Im not worried about.
We've both gotten our sides of the story out, and Im dropping this before it turns into a bickering match.

PS: Im not being obstinate, Im standing up for myself.  Theres a difference

Chris88cl

Post by Guest »

Well, if you didnt trust me after having two previous transactions with you what would prompt you to sell to me a third time? Or do you not remember those earlier transactions? Seems to me like you have selective memory.
Oh, and the downpipe wasnt a free part. I had paid for it.

And as far as being impatient, how much longer did you expect me to wait?

Chris88cl

Post by Guest »

I too have had a purchase "experience" with Mr. 88CL.
About 2 years ago, I agreed to purchase a set of 4 White GTZ rims.
I FEDEX'd OVERNIGHT (Like $20 dollars to mail an envelope overnight to Canada) the check. If I remmember right, Chris had time to immediately deposit the money. Then of course we waited for the check to clear.

I would say roughly 10 days went by, after the check cleared, and the rims had yet to be shipped. The same excuse as above was used, he was working 80 hours a week.... Just didnt have time.

In the end, I ended up getting a PARTIAL refund, because I defamed his name by creating a thread about not receiving the rims yet. I only agreed to the partial, cause it was that or nothing.
Like a week or so later, once he had time, he mailed the refund check back.

I just dont understand how someone who is sooo busy all of the time, is the top poster on a internet message board. (with over 1000 post more then everyone except 5 people).

Bottom line, if your in no hurry, dont mind not hearing the progress of the transaction, and dont mind waiting until your purchase and time spent eventually become a priority for him,
Then hes a guy you wanna buy from.

Jimz90indy

Chris88cl

Post by Jimz90indy »

It's really a shame that Chris already has his own feedback thread, and it's filled with such jibberish.
Chris is a very fair person who is instant when it comes to payment.
There was a major shipping error on my part, I corrected the situation as fast, and best as I knew how.
Being a man who's willing the pay for his mistakes, I volunteered to eat the shipping costs to Canada. (The country; not to be confused with the member, Chris Olsem) ÂÂÂ
And to my surprise (not much, in light of the results of the first transaction), Chris recouped my shipping expenditure and then some.
I'd definately help Chris out again in anything that he needs. He's a great guy to deal with.
Thanks, Chris!  (Now I owe you a beer at Bfest)  ÂÂÂ

"Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. "