The truth once and for all

Looking to buy or sell something? Check the buyer or sellers history here.
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

Quote (spacecadetz26 @ Dec. 24 2004,09:29)Quote (MAJ28 @ Dec. 24 2004,10:18)I'm going to offer an additional objective opinion, but let me start by saying Erich and I have had a previous disagreement, and I'm not denying that I carry some blame, and do not wish to discuss that.

About this, I heard all about this swap from 2 people that were directly involved. ÂÂÂ

Jamie:
     From my perspective you should have asked around privatelly about Erich and Steph's past, it seems to me that they sometimes screw up majorly and sometimes (less often [in my estimation]) do a great job.  I do not deny that Steph and Erich have some unique abilities, but I will also add that unfortunatelly a large portion of people on bnet should not be trusted right away.  Also, Jamie, you are definatelly smart enough to know that things seldom goes as planned and from your time on this board, you should know that's swaps often take longer then expected (and Erich should have also been of this opinion.)  I know you guys didn't majorly touch on this, but it appears you had MAJOR time constraints, and you are BOTH at fault for not realizing these constraints and the associated difficulties. ÂÂÂ

From my own experience, (unfortunatelly) I know that you must obtain and CHECK all parts prior to an install.  You must admit someone at your home, or you with any kind of research online should have been able to figure out if you had the right struts.  I know it is a highly unlikely to recieve the wrong struts and often people do not check, but under these kind of (time)constraints that should have not been an issue.

I feel the only major fault on you is the fact that you relied on the organizational skills of another person which you do not know.

Erich:
    Like I said, you know for a fact that swaps often have problems that involve time constraints, and should have not planned a job in a time span as such.  Also, you often (or previously) sell parts on this board, and often have parts on hand that you are saving or planning on selling in the future, could you have not brought or purchased additional parts just in case?  Furthermore, with your experiences, the experience that Jamie was paying for, were you unable to identify a scuffed plate?  Were you not aware of the problem involved with such a plate? ÂÂÂ

I agree, about the working conditions, wether cars were literally "wizzing" by or not, it's far from an ideal working area.  Jamie should have maybe invested $30 (or whatever it costs) for AAA and got it towed to a more acceptable location. ÂÂÂ

Also, you didn't really get into this, but I feel that you got upset about Jamie's swap and ripped his friend off, and that is certainly understandable when people get upset, bottom line:  wrong thing to do.  A real man with integrity would send Jamie's friend the money.

»Jason
its my understanding that you still do not know the circumstances of this. It was not planned to be 100% operational at the end of the day. and that the lack of communication is at fault. As I recall this car was not just broken at the time we arrived to work on it. It had been sitting a few months. So whether or not we had a deadline was not really an issue. Plates and dishes i have no idea what your talking about...
facts, what facts, you dont get yours straight.   The car started showing signs of a bad TCS in mid to late January.  I got it back from the dealer when they ripped apart the tranny in mid to late Febuary, we began swap talking then.   The car sat for about two weeks before you arrived first week of March.   Again lets not make things up.   The car only started sitting for months after you left it and all the junkyard runs and time constraints with work forced Chazz and or Woody to let it sit.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

Quote (spacecadetz26 @ Dec. 24 2004,09:29)Now that everyone can spend a day or two reading this, I hope you can understand my side of the story and base your judgements off that and not base your judgements on behalf of friendship. I was trying to be a good person and it back fired... I will learn from this.
Yes now everyone can see for themselves.  The only person defending me based on freindship is Jon, Maj and I rarely have ever interacted.   Holst was around a few hours ago to paint you like roses, so someone who is a freind not just a person to peddle my parts to came to my defense after hearing all this.  You were trying to be a good perspn?   You know what at first you were.  I really felt saved when you agreed to do this for me.   I was excited and told everyone I knew I was finally getting my 5spd swap.   But little by little things got fishier and fishier to me once the 2nd tranny became involved.   Then you arrived and many things were not as advertised.   By the end of it I was pretty disallusioned.  In the end it took months of patience, organizing and a flight of 600 miles, a drive of 600 miles, headaches and heartaches to get that car home.   I put in my share x10 to get this done once you quit on it.  Many people would say F -it and junk the car once you guys walked.   But I have had it since I was 16 and wasnt going to just give up.   It now has 8k happy Getrag miles, and only 25% at best is attributed to you, the rest is all everyone else mentioned.   You drilled the holes, mounted the pedals, and got two mounts right.   But all that work to wrestle in the tranny and it had to be pulled again by Geoff, that says it all.  And all the time he spent fixing things that you blatanly got wrong.   Those things really put us back.   Frankly with Geoff or Aaron on board from day one this swap would have cost me 25% less and happened inside of a coulpe of days.

91' GT  SOLD
3100SFI

Post by 3100SFI »

Quote (rweatherford @ Dec. 24 2004,13:03)So anyone want a beer! ÂÂÂ
I would like one please.  I'll put it on top of the sake I just had.

Kyle
2003 VW New Beetle
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

OK I now have all saved convos on this computer and have support for everything I claimed and the support all of their accusations.    It is all very cut and dry and should end much of the back and forth.  It has a convo with JC and I am not asking his permission to post it since he has sort of been ousted already.  Frankly I am hoping no one gets mad I am posting the convos cuz the point of this is to have EVERYTHING out in the open.  I am not going to hide names, Geoff is a freind of mine and his opinions on this swap were known, so I am posting any relevant infor with him as well.    This will be it boys and girls.

91' GT  SOLD
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

frankly i just think you are looking for an easy way to pass the blame for your lack of maturity about the situation. but thats just my $.02.  I could care less if you know how to work on cars.  I dont care what it cost you. I just know you were not willing to pay what was agreed. and therefore took out any sort of organization if any that I had. I take pity on your desperation. but keep up the good work.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
HeartBeatKid

Post by HeartBeatKid »

Quote (rweatherford @ Dec. 24 2004,13:03)Quote (Jdawg4201 @ Dec. 24 2004,07:20)ive been working on cars "back yard mecanics" since i was 16 with my first car  been working at my fathers gas station since i was 8 and been certified since i was 21 im now 22 and im having a blast at what i do
Sounds like you have a good career ahead of you.  I just hate it when people go throwing around that they have certifications and that makes them know more than someone else.

So anyone want a beer! ÂÂÂ
im not saying in ay way what so ever that i am Better than anyone im not hell i learn new things every day   so im not saying im a mr know it all  

ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

Just so you know, your mom only sent me $425 not $450

"RIBZ80:  at this point he had $450 of my money, which covered all parts including the tranny at $65 NOT 250"

Where was it said that we were purchasing you a new flywheel and axles?

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

I was going over the list, we have all reciepts.

brake upgrade  (Rotors/Pads/Calipers/knuckles/knuckle bolts &nuts) $130
Wheel Bearings $40
flywheel bolts  $20 (6)
flywheel $25
Synchromesh Trans Fluid  $22 (3)
5spd Trans $250
Shift plate  $20
Shifter $15
Shift cables $40
Pedals $30

Other Misc stuff
Brake Fluid  $3.30
Engine Degreaser $2.30
2 solderless connectors $2.30
Threadlock  $6.00
Antisieze  $6.30
more  ?

This is an approximate

Labor $400

This list was created upon my return it included items that were not on hand and not my responsibility.

You have a figure of $875, where is this figure from?  There were some petty items that were added but not to add to the bill.  FYI if some people are interested, the bolts all GM and new, and some other new items were cost, nothing added for profit.

This project did perhaps go over budget on Jamie's end as he has his own list from brake lines, struts, MOMO. ÂÂÂ

This IS one of the main keys to not returning to Detroit.

Either one of us can sit here and write down that Erich and Stephanie were to complete a job for a set price but when buyer is supplying location, unseen car, and his own parts all is up in air. ÂÂÂ

A tool for example was purchased, a stepping drill which is a general hardware tool, and not specific to this swap was purchased,  Jamie gave me the tool and deducted it from my pay.  This is a grey area, but gives you an idea of the penny pinching going on here.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
HeartBeatKid

Post by HeartBeatKid »

Quote (ErichZ26 @ Dec. 24 2004,15:35)I was going over the list, we have all reciepts.

brake upgrade  (Rotors/Pads/Calipers/knuckles/knuckle bolts &nuts) $130
Wheel Bearings $40
flywheel bolts  $20 (6)
flywheel $25
Synchromesh Trans Fluid  $22 (3)
5spd Trans $250
Shift plate  $20
Shifter $15
Shift cables $40
Pedals $30

Other Misc stuff
Brake Fluid  $3.30
Engine Degreaser $2.30
2 solderless connectors $2.30
Threadlock  $6.00
Antisieze  $6.30
more  ?

This is an approximate

Labor $400

This list was created upon my return it included items that were not on hand and not my responsibility.

You have a figure of $875, where is this figure from?  There were some petty items that were added but not to add to the bill.  FYI if some people are interested, the bolts all GM and new, and some other new items were cost, nothing added for profit.

This project did perhaps go over budget on Jamie's end as he has his own list from brake lines, struts, MOMO. ÂÂÂ

This IS one of the main keys to not returning to Detroit.

Either one of us can sit here and write down that Erich and Stephanie were to complete a job for a set price but when buyer is supplying location, unseen car, and his own parts all is up in air. ÂÂÂ

A tool for example was purchased, a stepping drill which is a general hardware tool, and not specific to this swap was purchased,  Jamie gave me the tool and deducted it from my pay.  This is a grey area, but gives you an idea of the penny pinching going on here.
756.20 are for all those parts  rediculious where did you get these parts? guam??
400 for Labor? ###?
you guys have issues

J ever need help on your call you know exactally how to contact me bro nj aint far we both know this

Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

OK lets get to saved convos.  What Erich doesnt say is 90% of convos were between me and Steph.   So when he makes a claim as something being said and gets it wrong he doesnt realize the info came from steph.  I will post the convos in cronoligal order, nothing altered aside from XX's which denotes something to pay attention  to highlight something important to address something earlier.

FIRST convo :

RIBZ80: I might have to be creative and see if I can pay you guys to help me out
StephMartinZ26: ?
RIBZ80: I am getting screwed
StephMartinZ26: i see
RIBZ80: tranny went
StephMartinZ26: no warranty?
RIBZ80: and they are telling GM not to cover it since its abuse
RIBZ80: and thats BS
StephMartinZ26: wow
RIBZ80: they took a loook at the tach, and racing stickers
RIBZ80: and said because the fact that the tranny mount is ripped off I must have been doing nuetral drops
RIBZ80: one option is to trailer the car back to NJ where hopefully my guy will do everything for free
StephMartinZ26: hmm
StephMartinZ26: how much is a trans from a yard around there?
StephMartinZ26: and do you know anyone with a garage?
StephMartinZ26: and what exactly is wrong with the trans in your car?
StephMartinZ26: did the end explode?
RIBZ80: it imploded
RIBZ80: seals you name it
StephMartinZ26: i see well leave me a message
StephMartinZ26: i'm out
RIBZ80: okie
RIBZ80: still there?
StephMartinZ26: yea
StephMartinZ26: unfortunatly
RIBZ80: so
RIBZ80: would I be able to give you cash so you could help me out on this?
RIBZ80: either a 5spd swap or a 3T40
StephMartinZ26: Xonly thing I ask if, if you have a garage space to work on it, I'm not keen on doing work in the snowX
RIBZ80: we have a garage structure
RIBZ80: kids do work here and security leaves us alone
StephMartinZ26: ok
RIBZ80: I feel ####ed here
RIBZ80: and know its a favor but I will have some money to work with
StephMartinZ26: is their power there?
RIBZ80: umm
RIBZ80: dont think
StephMartinZ26: we can talk to mcgavin and maybe he has a nice place to work on it
StephMartinZ26: but he may be borrowing a space too
StephMartinZ26: i'm not sure
RIBZ80: how much would it cost so yuo guys feel ok asbout this?
StephMartinZ26: labor or do you need parts too?
RIBZ80: everything
RIBZ80: I would prefer a 5spd and all, but I may have to take what I can get
RIBZ80: but I have a check waiting to cash
StephMartinZ26: parts is gonna be the killer
RIBZ80: yeah I know
StephMartinZ26: i'm trying to think of what all is involved with mounts
RIBZ80: what about a JY 5spd and then I buy a new clutch and throw out bearing etc
RIBZ80: roomie is 90% sure there is power at the garage
StephMartinZ26: k
RIBZ80: I am going to have a fair bit of money for you
RIBZ80: you wont get jipped
StephMartinZ26: i have some parts now, just not the trans
StephMartinZ26: we have to remove your interior too
RIBZ80: I can do that
StephMartinZ26: ya
StephMartinZ26: that will save time
RIBZ80: I can strip my entire cept for the dash in 45 mins
RIBZ80: but if you find a 5spd I can start ordering parts
StephMartinZ26: there is a GTZ i can rape off parts
StephMartinZ26: for 5spd
StephMartinZ26: trans would $250
RIBZ80: I am going to have over 1000 parts and labor
StephMartinZ26: i'm thinking here
StephMartinZ26: are you going to order new hydraulics?
StephMartinZ26: i would
RIBZ80: see what you can get me used, and what ever I can buy and afford I will
StephMartinZ26: clutch?
RIBZ80: and this wont be done in a day
StephMartinZ26: i have a organic one
RIBZ80: but I would like to have a running car in less then a month
StephMartinZ26: i'm hoping to have the van in my possession next week
StephMartinZ26: it has turbo probs
RIBZ80: k
StephMartinZ26: Xso if it needs to be towed i can move itX
RIBZ80: taht would rock
RIBZ80: but how much would you want parts aside to not feel raped by me?
StephMartinZ26: i'm trying to figure out what all you'll need
RIBZ80: in terms of labor?
StephMartinZ26: X$400 prolly for laborX
RIBZ80: K
StephMartinZ26: Xwe can prolly get it knocked out in a couple daysX
RIBZ80: see what you can scab and then let me know what I HAVE to buy
StephMartinZ26: i need to look at a 91 Beretta
StephMartinZ26: i dont have any outside
RIBZ80: and talk it over and let me know when I should proceed like we will really do it
StephMartinZ26: your in luck mostly because the 91 GTZ that just came in
RIBZ80: I am so pissed about it all you wouldnt beleive
StephMartinZ26: it has 70k miles on it
StephMartinZ26: so all the 5spd parts are in good shape
RIBZ80: In my dream it would all be done fairly well for a 1000, but I'll see how much I can scrounge up
RIBZ80: i am on my own
RIBZ80: no help
StephMartinZ26: ah
StephMartinZ26: i'm thinking axles, shifter, cables, trans, mounts, pedals
StephMartinZ26: erich just remembered he has a trans
StephMartinZ26: its in storage
RIBZ80: Geoffs pick and pull has some manuals
RIBZ80: GTZ bell housing is diff
StephMartinZ26: we just need mostly the bolt on stuff
StephMartinZ26: no its from a 3.1 corsy
RIBZ80: ohhh
StephMartinZ26: he was going to put it in his fiero
StephMartinZ26: but he found a fiero getrag
StephMartinZ26: yes we have a ton of q4 getrags too
StephMartinZ26: :-)
StephMartinZ26: but we do have a 3.1 corsy getrag
RIBZ80: hmm
RIBZ80: Geoff can scab parts too
RIBZ80: on the phone with him now
StephMartinZ26: i see
StephMartinZ26: Xi have the perfect donor car and transX
StephMartinZ26: but if geoff wants to get parts thats even better
StephMartinZ26: he would know exactly what you need too
StephMartinZ26: because i'm kinda fussy on the mount setup
RIBZ80: yeah but your tranny for 250 might be nice
RIBZ80: he can get the things you cant and vice versa
StephMartinZ26: well i'm gonna go
RIBZ80: okie keep me in mind:-)
RIBZ80: I am desperate
StephMartinZ26: leave a message if you have anything to say
StephMartinZ26 is idle at 3:12:49 PM.
StephMartinZ26 is no longer idle at 4:28:19 PM.
StephMartinZ26: http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonbo ... s=f4a756e4 6dfa408e77e75a3f236db005;act=ST;f=9;t=1172;st=0;&#ent ry1
StephMartinZ26 signed on at 6:09:05 PM.
RIBZ80: back to callin Gm to fight. If I try my best with GM and CANT get a refund my bro is willing to throw me a couple hundred extra for the 5spd swap:-)
RIBZ80: Geoff is looking into mounts
RIBZ80: XI can get two new axles for say 120X
StephMartinZ26: Xi have used onesX
StephMartinZ26: from the gtz
StephMartinZ26: Xif you would like those for alot lessX
RIBZ80: thats alright
RIBZ80: Xits only 120 for the set newX
RIBZ80: Xother places to cut corners:-)X
StephMartinZ26: get a spec stage 2
StephMartinZ26: or 3
StephMartinZ26: $300 kevlar
StephMartinZ26: or maybe its less
StephMartinZ26: or get dumpmasters like everyone else
RIBZ80: ok 5spd it is, GM cant help
StephMartinZ26: i'm getting headers made
RIBZ80: yeah I saw:-)
RIBZ80: when iget my 3400 Ill hit yo up:-)
RIBZ80: I want to do a stage 1 or two
StephMartinZ26: well their in your neck of the woods
StephMartinZ26: www.speclutches.com
StephMartinZ26: those are what i'm getting
StephMartinZ26: no more dumpmasters for me
RIBZ80: nice
StephMartinZ26: they are 1/2 the price of cm
RIBZ80: XI am going to try an dget the alumi fly wheelX
StephMartinZ26: fiero guys use spec for their 3800sc's and northstars
StephMartinZ26: and 3.4dohc and 3.4 camaro engines
StephMartinZ26: some like centerforce dual friction
StephMartinZ26: but i've heard nothing but bad things about cm besides they have a good warrany
StephMartinZ26: warranty
RIBZ80: hmm
RIBZ80: I havent driven stick in years and didnt have much seat time
RIBZ80: so i dont need a stage 3
RIBZ80: something durable but nothing overboard
RIBZ80: Does it sound like your willing to go thought with this?
StephMartinZ26: erich's car is getting the spec stage 3 ceramic 4 puck clutch
StephMartinZ26: sure we are willing
RIBZ80: the more I save on parts the more I am willing to add to the 400 fee
RIBZ80: you are doing me a favor
RIBZ80: so the more I can give I will
RIBZ80: I will strip the interior
StephMartinZ26: just the column, carpet and console need to come out
RIBZ80: carpet and console I can do
RIBZ80: column, never done before
StephMartinZ26: its held in with 5 bolts
StephMartinZ26: not hard besides unplugging it
RIBZ80: I have no jacks, no lights and limited tools here
StephMartinZ26: right
RIBZ80: I have to tow the ####in car 4 blocks to get it back here
StephMartinZ26: awesome
RIBZ80: yo have a 5spd shift plate?
RIBZ80: yeah but I have to PAY to tow it
RIBZ80: 4 friggin blocks
RIBZ80: but what 50 bucks
RIBZ80: out of how much this is going to cost
StephMartinZ26: i think maybe 45 to hook up
StephMartinZ26: and some change for milage
RIBZ80: yeah
RIBZ80: woody will look into mounts
RIBZ80: axles are covered
RIBZ80: worse comes to worse I can paypal you as much as 500 within a couple days to get things rollin
RIBZ80: I am sure that would make you feel better:-)
StephMartinZ26: well it takes a trans and some misc parts out of my storage so every little bit helps
RIBZ80: Xtry and keep track of all the #### I am being charged so I dont get surprisedX
RIBZ80: Xno I want a nice shift plateX
RIBZ80: and tranny itself
RIBZ80: and all the smaller peices
StephMartinZ26: I have a new one but those are $95 from the dealer
StephMartinZ26: hehe
RIBZ80: haha
RIBZ80: if I ocme in under budget maybe;-)
StephMartinZ26: and its going in erich's car
RIBZ80: nice and clean will do
StephMartinZ26: so i can order you one or look for a nice one
StephMartinZ26: i have like 4 sets
RIBZ80: look for a nice one
RIBZ80: and quote me
StephMartinZ26: i think you will need to get a chip burned for the proper fuel curve
StephMartinZ26: but that can wait
StephMartinZ26: or i can find a memcal
StephMartinZ26: from a 3.1 5spd car
RIBZ80: yeah if its cheap
RIBZ80: it will buy me time
RIBZ80: I have a Bens chip
RIBZ80: that I can send back to him to reprogram
RIBZ80: but would like a cheap stock 5spd memcal first
RIBZ80: as long as its cheap
StephMartinZ26: i can steal one if i can find it
StephMartinZ26: so phree
RIBZ80: the more steals you get the more money I have hehe
RIBZ80: geoff will be here in 20 hehe
StephMartinZ26: your date for v day?
StephMartinZ26: j/k
RIBZ80: haha
RIBZ80: your onto us;-)
RIBZ80: I cant even be that great of a romancer for my girl on sat since I had no wheels:-(
StephMartinZ26: will a 93 memcal work?
RIBZ80: would ABS be an issue?
StephMartinZ26: i dunno
StephMartinZ26: i though abs was a separate computer
StephMartinZ26: but there is a 93 in the yard
StephMartinZ26: the one i raped for the trans
StephMartinZ26: Xwill you need a shifter?X
StephMartinZ26: Xand cables?X
StephMartinZ26: or does geoff have them
StephMartinZ26: Xdo you want a shorter one or stock?X
StephMartinZ26: Xi have bothX
StephMartinZ26: one with a twist on knob
RIBZ80: I was talkin to goeff, shorter would be preffered unless its a crazy price diff
StephMartinZ26: or one like berettas use
StephMartinZ26: Xsame priceX
RIBZ80: shorter is betta ya:-)
RIBZ80: cept in the pants hehe
StephMartinZ26: :-*
StephMartinZ26: just buy new hydraulics
StephMartinZ26: they are too much of a pita to use used
StephMartinZ26: do you want a hi-tork starter?
RIBZ80: I have a high tq
StephMartinZ26: OH
RIBZ80: it is only a year or two old
RIBZ80: but what we may need to do is swap in some KYB's while were at it
RIBZ80: I need to send out my Konis to be rebuilt
RIBZ80: and if the car is in pieces it may be a good time
StephMartinZ26: i have a strut tool
RIBZ80: I can get KYB's for less then a 100 a pair
RIBZ80: the weakness are the blown struts and radiator
RIBZ80: fix that and a 5spd with my new 17's and this car will be one of the golden ones
StephMartinZ26: it should be alot faster
StephMartinZ26: maybe take like .5's off
StephMartinZ26: that would be sweet
RIBZ80: yeah thats what I think
RIBZ80: 15.9 for syock 5spd 16.4 for auto
RIBZ80: well driven with a 3400 and my mods i think I can do a 14.7-8
StephMartinZ26: well if geoff gets you all the mounts and stuff that will be alot less i have to get
StephMartinZ26: i have everything
StephMartinZ26: so far
RIBZ80: well the front mount I will buy new
StephMartinZ26: trans, shiftplate, shifter, pedals, cables
RIBZ80: from autozone or soething
StephMartinZ26: i may pull another set of pedals
StephMartinZ26: you'll have to get new racing pedals
StephMartinZ26: Xeverything that i listed plus our labor will be $750X
RIBZ80: 750 +4--?
StephMartinZ26: no
RIBZ80: 400?
StephMartinZ26: included
RIBZ80: oh good you scared the #### out of me:-)
StephMartinZ26: hahaahah
RIBZ80: :-)
RIBZ80: Xso far thats very fairX
StephMartinZ26: i'm not sure if this trans has mounts on it
RIBZ80: should I go ahead and start looking to order the clutch?
StephMartinZ26: and hydraulics
RIBZ80: I feel bad for not knowing what oyu mean:-)
RIBZ80: I dont know manuals
RIBZ80: hyrdaulic clutch
StephMartinZ26: woody has the p/n
RIBZ80: that I know
RIBZ80: ahh ok
RIBZ80: expensive?
StephMartinZ26: i think
StephMartinZ26: $160
RIBZ80: ohh thats not tooo bad
StephMartinZ26: slave master and lines all bled ready to install
StephMartinZ26: piece o cack
StephMartinZ26: i mean cake
StephMartinZ26: heh
RIBZ80: XXXmight want to bring the axles in case I run out of money heheXXXXXX
RIBZ80: ;-)
StephMartinZ26: XX k XX
RIBZ80: I need to shop around for clucthes
RIBZ80: I want to spend less then 300
StephMartinZ26: if you want kevlar spec's is $299
StephMartinZ26: vs. cm's $525
RIBZ80: I will see how much everythign else is
RIBZ80: I dont need anything extravagant, I mean its my first stick car hehe
RIBZ80: it would be criminal to waste it
StephMartinZ26: i'm sure that stuff will take the abuse
RIBZ80: CM staget 1 and 2 should be 265-300
StephMartinZ26: i'll look
RIBZ80: oem is 150
StephMartinZ26: autozones is 125
RIBZ80: that could be a worse case scenario
StephMartinZ26: its the same as stock
StephMartinZ26: check ebay too
StephMartinZ26: for cavalier performance clutches
StephMartinZ26: or sunfire
StephMartinZ26: i can sell you an organic clutch for $75
StephMartinZ26: just like oem
RIBZ80: hmm I'll have to shop around and see how much the stage and and two are
RIBZ80: XI wont skimp on the flywheelX
RIBZ80: Xfidanza babyX
StephMartinZ26 is idle at 10:36:59 PM.
StephMartinZ26 is no longer idle at 10:41:26 PM.
StephMartinZ26 is idle at 11:22:59 PM.

Ok in summary this is around Valentines Day.  We are at 750 parts and labor, though it will go up due to a brake swap where I would only pay for parts which will show in another convo.  Right off that bat all she asks is not to be in the snow.  I checked for power outlets they worked, but I admit fault to the one I parked next to not working.   Again she said she would get me a short shifter but forgot.  I had said I would buy axles new.   in case I couldnt I said bring yours used in case, she agreed.   I was unable to get the axles and for a week she knew to bring hers.   I also planned on getting a custom flywheel.   The next day I told her the flywheel is gone, so I need a stock one.  She even offers a tow, that was nice.   She says how they should be able to knock it out in two days.

You can see here we got off to a good start, I am excited.

91' GT  SOLD
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

This is short and sweet, a convo between Geoff and Steph making sure what the tranny was from.   Key here is once again she knew what shifter to bring but didnt.....this is a bit petty I know, but I want every shred that I bothered saving out there.  This took place within 24 hours of the first convo with steph.

StephMartinZ26: 89
RIBZ80: ahh okie
RIBZ80: and the 750 included that I hope:-)
StephMartinZ26: yes
RIBZ80: sweet
StephMartinZ26 signed on at 1:33:26 AM.
RIBZ80: hey steph, this is Geoff
StephMartinZ26: what up homey g
RIBZ80: quick question, now that you are O2 sensor socketless... muwahhaha
RIBZ80: :-)
RIBZ80: the shifter that Ribz tells me, this short one? what's it from?
StephMartinZ26: a grand am
RIBZ80: ah, so it has the threaded knob
RIBZ80: ok, it's just like the one in my Z then
RIBZ80: cool
StephMartinZ26: i am not sure if i have a knob for it
StephMartinZ26: but i can find one
StephMartinZ26 is away at 1:54:17 AM.

91' GT  SOLD
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

Ok here the brakes are introduced I was happy to get it added.   It was more then fair for them not to charge me extra labor.   When things went sour and they left they took the brake pads with them, though I dont think they were doing it to stiff me.   But she said $100 in brake parts, it cost me $45 to get another set of pads.   Once again the X's are what to watch for.  This took place a couple days later, say Feb 16-20th-ish.

RIBZ80: ebay has mounts but they are all for autos hehe
StephMartinZ26: erich is at the yard right now
StephMartinZ26: we dont get many 5spd cars
StephMartinZ26: they are mostly autos
StephMartinZ26: people dont drive sticks in the city
StephMartinZ26: at least here
RIBZ80: so the big things I still need are mounts eh
StephMartinZ26: we have more yards to go to, but i need to get my ebay out
RIBZ80: I c
StephMartinZ26: have to keep the peps happy
StephMartinZ26: some of the less-volume yards may have a stick
RIBZ80: ok
StephMartinZ26: there is a couple more yards we can check out that are out in the boonies
RIBZ80: hehe
StephMartinZ26: like where we got the ttops for the fiero from
StephMartinZ26: they have all sorts of wierd stuff
StephMartinZ26: but they want $$$$
RIBZ80: at my yard at home
StephMartinZ26: we paid like $300 for the roof off that car
RIBZ80: we had a 88 buick t type limo
StephMartinZ26: wow
RIBZ80: that had two cars cut and made into a limo
StephMartinZ26: awesome
RIBZ80: fuggin weird
StephMartinZ26: t types are cool
StephMartinZ26: i'd pimp one
RIBZ80: yeah it was sweet
StephMartinZ26: they stack the cars on another
StephMartinZ26: its wierd
StephMartinZ26: to save room or something
RIBZ80: weird
StephMartinZ26: you have to climb up on one to get to the one on top
RIBZ80: thats interesting
RIBZ80: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View Item&item=2461178152&category=33615
StephMartinZ26: sweeet
RIBZ80: you guys trying to come up with a weekend you want to do this?
StephMartinZ26: today is what the 16th?
StephMartinZ26: or 17
RIBZ80: 17th
StephMartinZ26: ####
StephMartinZ26: phone bill was due
RIBZ80: oops
StephMartinZ26: i dont think we can do it this weekend
StephMartinZ26: maybe next
StephMartinZ26: XX i have a full schedule coming next month XX
RIBZ80: XX My ultimate goal is to ideally have the car for spring break which is March 6th XX
StephMartinZ26: yeah
RIBZ80: but Kate will let me take us home in the Cabrio worse case scenario
StephMartinZ26: we have like 2 1990 3400 swaps and a trip up to wisconsin to pick up some 90 GTZ parts
StephMartinZ26: one is in iowa one is in virginia
RIBZ80: how much labor do yoy charge for 3400 swaps?
StephMartinZ26: it depends on what year
RIBZ80: my year:-)
StephMartinZ26: we are charging $500
StephMartinZ26: for 87-91
StephMartinZ26: but it all depends because we dont just do the engine swap
StephMartinZ26: we basically restore the car unhood
RIBZ80: ahh
StephMartinZ26: everything gets cleaned, painted, replaced
RIBZ80: yah
StephMartinZ26: its not just an engine swap
StephMartinZ26: we do the brake upgrade too if its a 87-90
StephMartinZ26: or 87-91
RIBZ80: XX how much extra would you charge me to do a 92 brake during the tranny swap? XX
StephMartinZ26: XX nothing XX
RIBZ80: just parts?
StephMartinZ26: XX new parts calipers, pads, rotors with used knuckles/wheelbearings is $100 XX
RIBZ80: so you are saying you can do the 92 swap including parts for an extra 100?
RIBZ80: you got yourself deal:-)
StephMartinZ26: is performance friction pads ok?
StephMartinZ26: because thats what we use
RIBZ80: yeah I like em
RIBZ80: new pads?
StephMartinZ26: yea
StephMartinZ26: oh i forgot something
StephMartinZ26: the bolts are extra
StephMartinZ26: i have to order those from GM
RIBZ80: what like 125?
StephMartinZ26: they are like $6 a pice
StephMartinZ26: piece
RIBZ80: how many?
StephMartinZ26: 4
RIBZ80: so 125
RIBZ80: what about rotors?
RIBZ80: thats included?
StephMartinZ26: rotors included
RIBZ80: new?
StephMartinZ26: c
StephMartinZ26: new parts calipers, pads, rotors with used knuckles/wheelbearings is $100
RIBZ80: and 25 for bolts
RIBZ80: DEAL
RIBZ80: writing it down
StephMartinZ26: damn bolts are expensive
RIBZ80: yeah I know
RIBZ80: will the 92 knuckles match up my 91 Fe7 bar?
StephMartinZ26: yes
StephMartinZ26: daves car has them
StephMartinZ26: so does erich's actually
RIBZ80: sweet
RIBZ80: you made my day
RIBZ80: but is erich going to come back and be like you told him 100?
StephMartinZ26: he told me thats what he charges
RIBZ80: ok perfect
StephMartinZ26: for those parts
RIBZ80: I am writing it down
StephMartinZ26: i'll make a note to order the bolts
RIBZ80: XX so 750 for tranny swap and parts, and 125 for brake swap and parts XX
StephMartinZ26: i need to see about the mounts still
StephMartinZ26: but so far yeah
RIBZ80: ok cool
RIBZ80: just keepin track
StephMartinZ26: i'll try to get the knuckles sandblasted
StephMartinZ26: so theyre nice and purty
StephMartinZ26: but if i dont have time that wont happen
RIBZ80: not a problem
StephMartinZ26: are your strut mounts ok on that car?
RIBZ80: they have 5k miles
RIBZ80: new poly bushings too
StephMartinZ26: thats good
RIBZ80: new fe7 endlinks too
StephMartinZ26: yeah thats good
RIBZ80: suspension is 100% except for the blown strust but I got new Kybs
RIBZ80: everything on the strust are new like isolaters etc
RIBZ80: before asking for the money I am not spose to I have 275 left for exles, flywheels and mounts

91' GT  SOLD
clayson92gt

Post by clayson92gt »

First of all.... J-dawg, what do you have to do with this exactly? Have you ever done an auto to 5spd swap? Do you deal parts? Have you pulled all of these parts and sold them? If so i am sorry and you have my respect, but if not stop posting on stuff you dont know about and coming off as a know-it-all retard.

Second.... I know all 3 of the people directly involved in this and have no problem with any of them. I do not know all the circumstances of this situation so I am not going to go off what I have heard on here. But I HAVE done plenty of business with erich and steph. They have never screwed me over in any way. Now being what i would call their friend you may consider me biased. But I would speak of these transactions the same if I wasn't. He was always overly helpfull in installing parts. Also, when something was wrong, missing, or damaged , he would make a special trip to the junkyard to get it (i did not pay for most of these) . Not just missing parts that were eaten by the storage lockers but also extra parts that he threw in along the way. They were always quick to pay for food and other needed suplies (so-co). And when a part that I wanted added wasn't at yard, he payed me for gas to come up the next weekend to finish. Along the way steph and erich both fixed things that were broken on my car before i came. Ovrerall, I was very happy with the transaction as well as all the other deals i have made  with him. He also has supplied me, my father, and many of my friends with VERY well priced parts.

Ribz, this post is not trying to discredit you. It is just to show people that erich and steph do have good business practices from what I have seen. I was not there for you situation so I will say nothing on that. I just wanted everyone to know that Erich and Stephanie have proven to me and my friends to be a very reliable and affordable place to get parts.

OG Beretta Member
Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

OK now we are at the day before they arrive after meeting up with Geoff.  At this point they know I was unable to score the axles on my own.  SHE SAYS she got all that, its right there.  But does say I should try and get the flywheel, though she had one on hand just in case as I had said to which covered my butt.  I had gone to other car parts places and couldnt get a flywheel, I begged my roomie to take me out to some other places but all had a be ordered.   I tried.   The key here is every part that I could not get was covered by something she assured me she would bring, it was insurance.   I also feel she was playing dumb when I asked how much the tranny cost.  Geoff had already told me.  The number she said 150 was for everything they purchased that day, tranny, core, mounts, and other things they grabbed.  Pay attention to the X's

edethloff: this is steph
RIBZ80: hiya
edethloff: were in k zoo
RIBZ80: ahh
RIBZ80: you get a hotel?
edethloff: yes
RIBZ80: XX I got extension cords for tmro XX
edethloff: XX couple things we forgot XX
RIBZ80: and got the seats and what not out
edethloff: need to get jackstands and the strut too
edethloff: strut tool
RIBZ80: autozone lends those out
edethloff: ok
edethloff: jacks too?
RIBZ80: dont know
edethloff: maybe we can buy some and return when were done
RIBZ80: yeah that would be good
edethloff: XX we remembered all the important stuff thou XX
RIBZ80: good
RIBZ80: what time should I be dressed tmro?
edethloff: were leavin like 9am
edethloff: does your ac work
RIBZ80: its 134A
RIBZ80: console didnt come out because the shifter was perminately in park
RIBZ80: everything else is out so the carpet can come up
edethloff: how is the shifter stuck?
edethloff: it should move easy
RIBZ80: it doesnt budge
RIBZ80: didnt want to force it
RIBZ80: you cant depress the button
edethloff: wierd
RIBZ80: you buy anything at in Kzoo at the store?
edethloff: yes
edethloff: cleaners and stuff
RIBZ80: XX we'll make a run to the detroit auotzone and see what we can get XX
RIBZ80:  XXX  flywheel axles and bearings XXX
edethloff:  XXXXX we got all that XXXXX
RIBZ80: XXX yeah, mainly as back ups or cores XXX
edethloff: XXXX but i'd get the flywheel XXX
RIBZ80: XXX yeah XXXX
RIBZ80: XXX did the tranny for $65 cost less then yours would have? XXX
edethloff: XXX i dont know what it cots XXX
RIBZ80: XX Geoff said it was 65 XX
edethloff: XX oh XX
RIBZ80: it was a good score, the parts you scabbed?
edethloff: we got all the mounts and s
edethloff: axles
edethloff: XX we paid like $150 XX
RIBZ80: cool
RIBZ80: time for sleep
RIBZ80: call me when your at exit 200 or so
RIBZ80: later

91' GT  SOLD
HeartBeatKid

Post by HeartBeatKid »

Quote (clayson92gt @ Dec. 24 2004,20:08)First of all.... J-dawg, what do you have to do with this exactly? Have you ever done an auto to 5spd swap? Do you deal parts? Have you pulled all of these parts and sold them? If so i am sorry and you have my respect, but if not stop posting on stuff you dont know about and coming off as a know-it-all retard.

Second.... I know all 3 of the people directly involved in this and have no problem with any of them. I do not know all the circumstances of this situation so I am not going to go off what I have heard on here. But I HAVE done plenty of business with erich and steph. They have never screwed me over in any way. Now being what i would call their friend you may consider me biased. But I would speak of these transactions the same if I wasn't. He was always overly helpfull in installing parts. Also, when something was wrong, missing, or damaged , he would make a special trip to the junkyard to get it (i did not pay for most of these) . Not just missing parts that were eaten by the storage lockers but also extra parts that he threw in along the way. They were always quick to pay for food and other needed suplies (so-co). And when a part that I wanted added wasn't at yard, he payed me for gas to come up the next weekend to finish. Along the way steph and erich both fixed things that were broken on my car before i came. Ovrerall, I was very happy with the transaction as well as all the other deals i have made  with him. He also has supplied me, my father, and many of my friends with VERY well priced parts.

Ribz, this post is not trying to discredit you. It is just to show people that erich and steph do have good business practices from what I have seen. I was not there for you situation so I will say nothing on that. I just wanted everyone to know that Erich and Stephanie have proven to me and my friends to be a very reliable and affordable place to get parts.
listen buddy i dont know you and i really dont care either
i sell parts  i disribute parts, ive done 4 tranny swaps need io say more so just back off and sit there and act like a good little boy
you are stating the same thing i am
your on their side  good for you  does nothing for me bud
im with J on this and i know  from him whats going on
steph ive talked to you a few times but ive really have no info about you as for erich dont know him and i dont care to

yea things do happen and shizit hits the fan
my guess is that most of the bs crap is coming from erich and steph you just following right behind with it

this car is and was J's he asked for help
ASKED!
your charging him labor ?for what reason?
you went to go help him  you went to help a fellow beretta owner  i know arround here we all help eachother out and J and many more people arround here can concur for this

i reolize now that this was blown WAY out of purportion  J is simply stating the fact that he was Scre-wd with this