The truth once and for all

Looking to buy or sell something? Check the buyer or sellers history here.
HeartBeatKid

Post by HeartBeatKid »

Quote (cramez @ Dec. 28 2004,00:27)Quote (Jdawg4201 @ Dec. 28 2004,00:13)you sir can go jump off a cliff for all i care you are nothing to myself
you are worthless air
i was trying to put this just to rest,let it die
but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Dude, stop posting.  Seriously.  I understand fully that you are friends with Ribz and feel personally ticked off that he got stuck in a bad business deal.  But you are not helping him in any way.  You have done nothing but go straight to personal attacks.  Ribz was trying to put out his side of the story, and let it be known.  Your attacks are only ruining both your and his credibility.  Your posts are just turning what was a justifiable statement into a pointless flame-fest.

On a side note, I'm not on either side of anything on this one.  It just seems like a giant misunderstanding involving way too many people.  I've dealt with cack and steph several times, I get along fine with them, and have gotten many flawless parts from them for several of my cars (berettas and otherwise).  They are good people if they are treated the same.  I wouldn't want to be an enemy of either one though.
this is a free country and free speach am i right??
if so then excuse me for all ive ever done this is BS and ill stand my ground

cramez

Post by cramez »

Quote (Jdawg4201 @ Dec. 28 2004,00:36)this is a free country and free speach am i right??
if so then excuse me for all ive ever done this is BS and ill stand my ground
Yes it is, you can say anything you want, I couldn't care less.  Keep in mind though that if what you say gets out of hand, this board is privately owned and they can kick you out if they want to.  

All I'm saying is that personal attacks are only your friend's case and credibility.  If you've got something to say, at least make it constructive in some way.

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
HeartBeatKid

Post by HeartBeatKid »

thats all i have been doing.  but they keep saying the same damn thing thats why i said what i said and i quote my self "i also wana add i think this as far as its gonna go im seeing things get repeted over and over and over again J there not worth it anymore  belive me    COURT IS AJOURNED !

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

My personal experience with Erich and Steph:

1. Steph helped me out through PMs on how to diagnose and install the pass dogbone that went bad last summer (yeah I know, real tough, but it was my first repair on a 3100 and I didn't wanna #### anything up). She was very helpful and everything went very smoothly due to her knowledge. I was very impressed.

2. I decided to convert my Z26 to have black interior and not buy parts from them. Whoops. I've only gotten #### upon #### upon #### about everything for doing it from both Steph and Erich. Oh well, not like it really breaks my heart.

3. I was researching, guess what, a 5-speed swap and a 3400, and Steph was helpful in answering a few questions for me then too. Thanks.

Anyone trying to get them banned is stupid. They know so much about the GM FWD platforms that it'd be a huge loss. I've also seen countless people be very satisfied with all their transactions. It looks to me like this deal was kinda ####ty on both ends. It almost sounds like the luck I would have, and makes me not feel so bad for deciding against the swap.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

I don't think you have to worry about them being banned for this.  There was nothing done here that breaks any rules that would approach banning.  Permenant banning is about impossible to achieve, but has happened before.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

mcgavinz26

Post by mcgavinz26 »

I am going to stay as much withdrawn from this argument as possible, aside from not posting anything at all. ÂÂÂ

Erich knows I love him.  I’ll never forget those magical nights we spent together in Memphis.

J knows we are cool.  If we weren’t I wouldn’t talk to him or have helped him out when he needed it.

I am the kind of guy that gets along with everyone.  I can recognize the people who are useless moochers.  Whoever said Erich is the annoying type that only some people get along with is right.  I can get along with most of those people.  I know how to take a joke as a joke and throw one back.  At the end of the day, if I go out on a limb to help someone, would they ever return the favor later down the road if they could?  That’s honestly what I can say about most of my family, friends, and fraternity brothers.  I would also say the same for Erich and J. ÂÂÂ

This ordeal is taken out of proportion.  Having done several big jobs with my car, the engine swap, the supercharger, and the transmission swap, I know that there are ALWAYS speedbumps in any project as large as them with as many small and big parts to forget about and/or break.  In my eyes I think that Erich and Steph were a bit aggressive in thinking they could do the job in the time they were thinking they could.  They ran into the little problems that naturally come with any big project like this.  Jame-E didn’t expect this.  There were some miscommunications.  Nothing was solid in writing.  Both sides of the deal are stubborn.  Ka-boom. ÂÂÂ

You guys are in an argument because of a poor business agreement that lacked any provisions for mishaps.  This deal involved a fair amount of travel, a good amount of parts and labor cost, and a desired deadline.  It should have been much more well defined.  I just hope you both learn something from this.  I’m glad I do my own work.

Insulting peoples taste in cars and going beyond arguing about just the terms of the deal is obviously childish and useless though.

I only read about the first page and a half of this topic so far.

(I definitely would not have posted at all if I were busy and at school, which starts next week.)

http://www.speedlimit88.com
1994 Z26 - 3400, 5spd, supercharged, propane, megasquirt - RIP
1988 Fiero GT - 5psd, LX9, M90, Megasquirt
1999 Buick Regal GS -daily driver
mcgavinz26

Post by mcgavinz26 »

Quote (Ribz80 @ Dec. 22 2004,20:09)Its not all about me, its about how you can ring every penny out of someone you can.
I am sure it has been mentioned on here before, but I'll make the point again.  

I spent atleast $1000 on my manual swap.  After 4 transmissions inspected and several yards and cory's transmission being junk, I spent $275 for my 282.  I never asked cory for any money back either, even after the slave cylinder blowing out almost immediately.

Actual labor time was atleast 24 solid hours of initial work.

About 12-15 total hours of time spent driving around getting parts.

Then about 15 hours later on down the road trouble shooting.

Total is about 50 hours of labor.  According to my employer I am worth about $16 an hour before I get my degree.  I consider myself somewhat of an expert in this feild of work.  I have great resources for information to troubleshoot problems with this custom work that I don't already know the answer to.  I dont know of any shop that would do a job like this, none.  I know that there is not a shop in existance that would come to you to do it.

Before this all started, if someone came and told me they would come to my house and do this work and bring most of the parts/tools and the cost was under $2000 I would take it in a second if I wasn't willing to do it myself.

Not taking any sides, but its some food for thought.

http://www.speedlimit88.com
1994 Z26 - 3400, 5spd, supercharged, propane, megasquirt - RIP
1988 Fiero GT - 5psd, LX9, M90, Megasquirt
1999 Buick Regal GS -daily driver