WOT-TECH header feedback..

Looking to buy or sell something? Check the buyer or sellers history here.
SappySE107
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby SappySE107 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:13 pm

http://60degreev6.com/forum/showthread.php/49250-Anyone-else-waiting-on-WOT-TECH-headers?p=450903#post450903

I cannot believe how much quality feedback we have received from just a single set of beta headers. Its almost like all of you are having the same issues with our company, despite most or all of you never having done any business with us at all.



User avatar
Barry
Global Moderator
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: Hatfield Pa
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby Barry » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Forced_Firebird wrote:Barry, I read your RWD build thread last month, before bashing me, look at your welds. They look like the local chop shop (er, I mean 240/drifter shop) did them. Hope your car stays together on the track. Re-look at the first pic Slinky posted and tell me those are MIG. Last car I welded subframes to are on the table of contents this month in Grassroots Motorsports Mag after taking 5th place in the Auto-x against 50 cars in Gainsville last Oct.


I wasnt hating. I dont have a drift shop, just a garage and a cheap 120v mig running wire core. I dont care what my welds look like, they get the job done.

Sounds like the car you made is running well. Nice.



User avatar
scd88ga
Registered User
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:02 pm
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby scd88ga » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:35 pm

I guess in order for me to express my opinion of a company and how they do business, I must first pay way too much for a poor quality product! Gotcha! :wink: I don't have anything else to say anyway... :roll:


'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead-Auto-Parts/336733779691724

User avatar
lolwut
Registered User
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Deland, FL

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby lolwut » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Funny thing, for a 'poor quality product' mine had zero issues that were not my fault. They installed just fine with OEM hardware, performed far superior to the log manifolds they replaced, and despite not being the prettiest things now they held up to ~2 years of DD and a year of sitting and I have no doubt saying they are still free from defect.

The 1 issue they had: a leaking crossover because I failed to install the springs provided. That will be getting fixed when I find them in storage.



User avatar
Forced_Firebird
Registered User
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: South FL
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby Forced_Firebird » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Barry wrote:
Forced_Firebird wrote:Barry, I read your RWD build thread last month, before bashing me, look at your welds. They look like the local chop shop (er, I mean 240/drifter shop) did them. Hope your car stays together on the track. Re-look at the first pic Slinky posted and tell me those are MIG. Last car I welded subframes to are on the table of contents this month in Grassroots Motorsports Mag after taking 5th place in the Auto-x against 50 cars in Gainsville last Oct.


I wasnt hating. I dont have a drift shop, just a garage and a cheap 120v mig running wire core. I dont care what my welds look like, they get the job done.

Sounds like the car you made is running well. Nice.


Yuppers. Don't like calling other companies out publicly. You might know of them locally here, shoddy work. You get what you pay for, and when in this real world you can only pick two of the three following: Good, Fast or Cheap. You want your product done tomorrow and cheap, it won't be good. You want it the best and cheap, it won't be fast delivery. You want the best done tomorrow, chalk up the cash. Pleasing some of the people all the time, or all the people some of the time is real. Hit me up if you want to talk about the 240-dominated-drifter scene more.

WOTTECH wrote:http://60degreev6.com/forum/showthread.php/49250-Anyone-else-waiting-on-WOT-TECH-headers?p=450903#post450903

I cannot believe how much quality feedback we have received from just a single set of beta headers. Its almost like all of you are having the same issues with our company, despite most or all of you never having done any business with us at all.


Personally, it cranks me sideways that there is a complaint. If it was so easy to make the best on the market, there would be a lot more contenders, no? Easy to talk the talk, walking the walk isn't bubbles and rainbows. I love Otis' motto, those who know it all can't do it all. Proof is in the pudding.

scd88ga wrote:I guess in order for me to express my opinion of a company and how they do business, I must first pay way too much for a poor quality product! Gotcha! :wink: I don't have anything else to say anyway... :roll:


Then why post. You sound like the guy that isn't happy unless he get's the last word in. You admitted you never bought anything, so where's your basis of the opinion? Something someone wrote on the internet? Hmmm, said on the internet that there's a 20' snake roaming the streets in DelRay, just a few miles up the shop - photos even!!! Easy to bash, anything can be nit-picked. Even Slinky said there was disrespect both ways, but proof is proof. Anyone can say they "can port heads better" "make better headers" "have a faster car" "win more races" "get in more magazines" but unless there's data, who knows?

lolwut wrote:Funny thing, for a 'poor quality product' mine had zero issues that were not my fault. They installed just fine with OEM hardware, performed far superior to the log manifolds they replaced, and despite not being the prettiest things now they held up to ~2 years of DD and a year of sitting and I have no doubt saying they are still free from defect.

The 1 issue they had: a leaking crossover because I failed to install the springs provided. That will be getting fixed when I find them in storage.


Are you kidding me, still haven't fixed that? Hit us up, think you have the new number at the shop and we will send you a set of springs. They aren't much. You got the original prototype set that didn't quite fit, and the jig had to be re-built to accommodate the rest of the guys - one of which came back for re-fitment because he was using a rare early slave cylinder. Instead of him getting a late slave, we re-vamped the jig again, corrected the headers, then paid for shipping back, all on our dime (he paid for shipping to us like any other RMA).

No one pays attention to the affection, pride, research, or design that goes into our work, but are quick to point out anything if they aren't happy with personalities. Quick to knock the welds, yet don't pay attention to the hand-peened primary entrances, or worry about the wall thickness on mandrel bend.
Last edited by Forced_Firebird on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Old motor: 3.1 iron head turbo
Under construction: 3.4RWD/3500 hybrid 11.5:1SCR, ported/polished, 300adv dur cam, yellow springs, fabricated headers, Clevite Bearing, Mellings oil pump...
Future projects: 3.1/3400, and 3.4/3500 twin turbo

LX9Power
Registered User
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby LX9Power » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:14 pm

wow guy its like your all driving bentleys! One shop around here was willing to do headder for my car and despite not knowing the quality of their product, they wanted 1200$ just to start.

Put the headder on your car and tell us how it perform. When you review something you have to at least tried them.

I had nice shiny OBX headders on a b18 Teg, and a year after they cracked! the welds are sucky and the pipe are so thin! The one you showed us looks to be pretty sturdy!



User avatar
Forced_Firebird
Registered User
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: South FL
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby Forced_Firebird » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:31 pm

LX9Power wrote:wow guy its like your all driving bentleys! One shop around here was willing to do headder for my car and despite not knowing the quality of their product, they wanted 1200$ just to start.

Put the headder on your car and tell us how it perform. When you review something you have to at least tried them.

I had nice shiny OBX headders on a b18 Teg, and a year after they cracked! the welds are sucky and the pipe are so thin! The one you showed us looks to be pretty sturdy!


Yeah and try to get a cracked OBX header under warranty lol.

Who's up for a challenge?

You put the legwork on it, and spend your time/money and compare these headers to anything on the market for a Beretta at this time. We have no problem proving our work, but this gives a third party review. Same day, same car, both sets of headers. We are already working on this, beat us to it...


Old motor: 3.1 iron head turbo
Under construction: 3.4RWD/3500 hybrid 11.5:1SCR, ported/polished, 300adv dur cam, yellow springs, fabricated headers, Clevite Bearing, Mellings oil pump...
Future projects: 3.1/3400, and 3.4/3500 twin turbo

User avatar
DTMAce
Registered User
Posts: 3510
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Michigan EUP
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby DTMAce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:14 am

I like the fact that the guys doing the work on these headers are even bothering to reply! That to me says a lot. Obviously they care about their image, and despite what it looks like from the outset, I in fact know what its like to be behind or buried in work on things that at that time are a side project. There are people on here who have patiently waited for LED work from me despite my assurances that they would have been done sooner, they weren't. Since then, all those projects at that time had been finished. AND things have changed since those times, and I actually do get them built under a faster and tighter time frame these days. I stood behind my stuff and took care of problems too.

Sounds like to me (from looking at the pics and reading between the lines) a fairly quality product was produced, maybe not in the time frame most of us agree on, but they were built. I have seen aftermarket exhaust built before, used to bend piping for sand buggy's both frames and exhaust (old school Volkswagon engine builds) and know it can be rather labor intensive, not to mention difficult to get exactly right on the first, second, hell even third try. I know how to use a welder, but really don't have the art to do it good. So I usually don't lol

As for the coating, if that's just paint, forget it. It will all be burnt off anyway after a few days of driving. If it were a powder coat/ceramic, or something then yeah I can understand the complaint.

To me it feels like this is being nit picked a bit. At the same time, maybe the time frame was a bit longer, but those headers should work out when they are mounted and finished. I don't know, I would just be happy someone is still contributing to these cars with optional stuff, like I myself do now. Sure, mine don't make them go fast, but you get the idea.

:D

Don't worry, be happy?


94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Image
Image

User avatar
ErichZ26
Registered User
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2001 1:59 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby ErichZ26 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:57 am

Forced_Firebird wrote:
LX9Power wrote:wow guy its like your all driving bentleys! One shop around here was willing to do headder for my car and despite not knowing the quality of their product, they wanted 1200$ just to start.

Put the headder on your car and tell us how it perform. When you review something you have to at least tried them.

I had nice shiny OBX headders on a b18 Teg, and a year after they cracked! the welds are sucky and the pipe are so thin! The one you showed us looks to be pretty sturdy!


Yeah and try to get a cracked OBX header under warranty lol.

Who's up for a challenge?

You put the legwork on it, and spend your time/money and compare these headers to anything on the market for a Beretta at this time. We have no problem proving our work, but this gives a third party review. Same day, same car, both sets of headers. We are already working on this, beat us to it...



Is there a warranty against cracking on these?


Image
1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26

User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10672
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby 3X00-Modified » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 am

Slinky if you have all this experience and you can see that WOT-Tech's headers will not perform well, then I would LOVE to see you build a better set. And do it in less than 1 month, because then that would fit the 10 months to build 10 sets.

And if they are so bad I'll send you $75 to take them off your hands.

Rodney, This set of headers and the issues he's having the only one I would have agreed on is the coating... I wasn't impressed with that but Slinky was demanding delivery so he didn't take his time coating them I'm sure. I would have re-done that. Everything else I can't see any issues with... I honestly just can't get over this "Bolt Fitment Issue" In his picture the friken isn't even tight, TIGHTEN THE DAMN NUT DOWN and then wow it will fit. I've worked with MANY sets of headers including ones on a SK Modified and you should see how you need to insert the bolts to get them started around the bends they have, and they have way more room than we do, that makes the "issue" he's having look so minor.

What have I gotten for free you ask... WTF, give it a damn break, Ben and John haven't given me ANYTHING for free, I simply see someone bitching about extremely MINOR issues and needs to grow up a little bit and either work with what he has or start doing everything himself if he's that much of a perfectionist.

Biggest problem I have with this thread is the fact that Slinky got in an argument with WOT-Tech about a refund on these headers and it escalated quite a bit, and you can see that with the PM's that Ben has posted on 60* and now that Slinky has received these headers he is dead set on nit picking them apart to try and make WOT-Tech look bad, ALL stemming from having to simply WAIT for a BETA project to be completed.



User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10672
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby 3X00-Modified » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Oh and BTW... Here you go for anyone who wants some OBX S&S Knock off's to modify and fit yourself if you really feel that WOT-Tech is a rip off.

Ebay OBX Exhaust Header 99-05 Pontiac Grand Am 3.4L V6 3400 Headers



User avatar
Forced_Firebird
Registered User
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: South FL
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby Forced_Firebird » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Those are S&S knock offs. The primaries have 20" of variance from cylinder to cylinder.


Old motor: 3.1 iron head turbo
Under construction: 3.4RWD/3500 hybrid 11.5:1SCR, ported/polished, 300adv dur cam, yellow springs, fabricated headers, Clevite Bearing, Mellings oil pump...
Future projects: 3.1/3400, and 3.4/3500 twin turbo

User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10672
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby 3X00-Modified » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:07 pm

Yes I know and what you guys made is near equal length IIRC



SappySE107
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby SappySE107 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:09 pm

scd88ga wrote:I guess in order for me to express my opinion of a company and how they do business, I must first pay way too much for a poor quality product! Gotcha! :wink: I don't have anything else to say anyway... :roll:


As a businessman, you are eager to burn bridges never crossed. Why is Posihead Auto Parts posting about a product and company they have never dealt with? As the owner, I expect you can answer that.

ErichZ26 wrote:Is there a warranty against cracking on these?


If any production headers crack, we will repair or replace them.



User avatar
ErichZ26
Registered User
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2001 1:59 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby ErichZ26 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:28 pm

What is the final price and availabilty for these headers? What is the application? Are there any revisions and changes in the works?


Image
1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26


Return to “Feedback Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests