WOT-TECH header feedback..

Looking to buy or sell something? Check the buyer or sellers history here.
User avatar
Forced_Firebird
Registered User
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: South FL
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby Forced_Firebird » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:53 pm

ErichZ26 wrote:What is the final price and availabilty for these headers? What is the application? Are there any revisions and changes in the works?


They are getting a make-over now, mainly in raw material composition and unified design (no more options). The final price will be $750, more expensive materials are going to be used in the production headers causing a price increase. Made to order (pre-making sets soon so they will be a stock item eventually) and we are limiting the orders at any given point in time to keep these threads from happening again.


Old motor: 3.1 iron head turbo
Under construction: 3.4RWD/3500 hybrid 11.5:1SCR, ported/polished, 300adv dur cam, yellow springs, fabricated headers, Clevite Bearing, Mellings oil pump...
Future projects: 3.1/3400, and 3.4/3500 twin turbo

Robert 89gt
Registered User
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:52 am

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby Robert 89gt » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:59 pm

From my understanding when milzy built mine years ago.
They cost a decent amount of money to make.
I would have purchased a set from wot-tech.
But at the time nobody was making them for a beretta.
I have many wot-tech parts and enjoy them very much.
Ben is the only guy i let do my port work for me.



LX9Power
Registered User
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby LX9Power » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Forced_Firebird wrote:
ErichZ26 wrote:What is the final price and availabilty for these headers? What is the application? Are there any revisions and changes in the works?


They are getting a make-over now, mainly in raw material composition and unified design (no more options). The final price will be $750, more expensive materials are going to be used in the production headers causing a price increase. Made to order (pre-making sets soon so they will be a stock item eventually) and we are limiting the orders at any given point in time to keep these threads from happening again.


I just want to know how they perform...IS there a dyno chart or something? L'ets say on a stock 3500 how much can I gain?



Alpinestar10
Registered User
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: GRAND RAPIDS MI
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby Alpinestar10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Forced_Firebird wrote:Alpine, you and Ben had a disagreement after you sold parts promised to him, has nothing to do with me or the header project I started before joining WOT-Tech. You complain but you can't keep your word, either.



Funny how you say that ask ben to read you out loud the pm i sent him on 60degree or read my response to bens post on my feedback on here.... I KEPT my word to the first party interested in the throttle body and he had been waiting 2 months before i even asked ben about that I admit i forgot about that person during this ordeal with ben but i offered ben to fix it and nothing so as far as im concerned i was able to KEEP my word and also try to fix it with ben.



User avatar
lolwut
Registered User
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Deland, FL

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby lolwut » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Forced_Firebird wrote:Are you kidding me, still haven't fixed that? Hit us up, think you have the new number at the shop and we will send you a set of springs. They aren't much. You got the original prototype set that didn't quite fit, and the jig had to be re-built to accommodate the rest of the guys - one of which came back for re-fitment because he was using a rare early slave cylinder. Instead of him getting a late slave, we re-vamped the jig again, corrected the headers, then paid for shipping back, all on our dime (he paid for shipping to us like any other RMA).

No one pays attention to the affection, pride, research, or design that goes into our work, but are quick to point out anything if they aren't happy with personalities. Quick to knock the welds, yet don't pay attention to the hand-peened primary entrances, or worry about the wall thickness on mandrel bend.


The springs themselves are fine, the joint at the crossover doesn't seat right and leaks slightly. I'd give specifics, but I don't have a 60* to bolt them to anymore to check :(

If you would PM me the shop number, I'll give you guys a call.



User avatar
88_GTU
Registered User
Posts: 463
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby 88_GTU » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:41 pm

I cant speak for the headers but I have spent over $3k with WOT-TECH over the last few years and Ben has always been exceptionally helpful and up front about any wait times that could be expected. I waited a very long time for my MLS head gaskets and whenever I had questions about my order Ben would always respond promtly. I've been dealing with Global West suspension for over 10 months now about getting beta control arm bushings made for our cars and I expect it to take another year or so before I'll have the first finished set in my hands. So many people on this board want aftermarket support for our cars but so few have the patience or are willing to pay the money to help get parts made.

To the OP, I can understand your frustration but trying to smear the name of one of the only companies that makes and supplies aftermarket parts for our cars just seems childish at this point. I agree that you can state your disapointment with the product you recieved but leave it at that. From reading this thread it seems they've attemted to make things right but you insist on basically throwing fits.

As for the prices being a little high, you will almost always get what you pay for, wether it's car parts or otherwise. If you think he has high prices just look up intakes for a C5 vette. I realize some people will say that's 2 totally different animals but it's the same idea: good performance costs money.

Probably a waste of time but just my $.02
J


88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD

User avatar
scd88ga
Registered User
Posts: 1828
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:02 pm
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby scd88ga » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 pm

WOTTECH wrote:
As a businessman, you are eager to burn bridges never crossed. Why is Posihead Auto Parts posting about a product and company they have never dealt with? As the owner, I expect you can answer that.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

Is that good enough for you, or do wanna send me a couple more weird PM's about it? Even if your product was amazing, I still wouldn't like you. Got it?! UNSUBSCRIBED...


'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead-Auto-Parts/336733779691724

User avatar
Slinky
Registered User
Posts: 917
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby Slinky » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Im not arguing with anyone anymore, i waited to long and paid to much for what in my opinion is a low quality product.

*The ceramic coat is runny and missing in spots, which will cause rust quickly.
*The bolt hung up on the front header even while off the engine, which cause me to have to take it off and modify their "Custom fit" product so it would fit.
*The inside of the tubing is misaligned at every joint causing bad flow,
*All the welds were to hot and not having enough filler causing undercut, which makes them look bad and also cause the weld and haz to weaken, which im sure will cause cracking among other problems soon..

If and when i run into more problems i will post them..

Everyone can stand up for this company or put them down but what i just stated is the truth, i sort of think they singled ME out and did shotty work on my set because i posted and made a big deal about the 11 month wait for these, which i was banned from 60degreev6 for doing..


1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance

User avatar
ErichZ26
Registered User
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2001 1:59 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby ErichZ26 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:20 pm

I am not sure why this transaction has to go in this direction. The builder is defensive. The buyer feels cheated.
Why not work something out here.

Since these are prototypes. Slinky should get those headers on the car and try them out. Take photo's of area's that may need improvement. Test them out over the next few months for any problems with cracking or leaks(not that they will i might add).

WOT, why don't you offer some sort of warranty with these and keep tabs with the buyer and follow up with any problems. It will make your company look very good and not like OBX headers that were brought up.

There have been 1/2 dozen or so headers made for GM 60 degree engines...and this does not even include older Longitude RWD and Transverse mount Fiero stuff. Why not make a greater product.

Judging by the previous post I think Slinky is upset with WOT for a few reasons and not just the headers. This is unfortunate.


Image
1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26

SappySE107
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby SappySE107 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:25 pm

*tell me when it rusts quickly, rather than tell us it will
*we didn't design these using locking bolts
*show me a flow sheet
*tell me when it actually cracks, rather than tell us it will

April to Feb is not 11 months. You were banned for threatening me via PM.



SappySE107
Registered User
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby SappySE107 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:30 pm

ErichZ26 wrote:I am not sure why this transaction has to go in this direction. The builder is defensive. The buyer feels cheated.
Why not work something out here.

Since these are prototypes. Slinky should get those headers on the car and try them out. Take photo's of area's that may need improvement. Test them out over the next few months for any problems with cracking or leaks(not that they will i might add).

WOT, why don't you offer some sort of warranty with these and keep tabs with the buyer and follow up with any problems. It will make your company look very good and not like OBX headers that were brought up.

There have been 1/2 dozen or so headers made for GM 60 degree engines...and this does not even include older Longitude RWD and Transverse mount Fiero stuff. Why not make a greater product.

Judging by the previous post I think Slinky is upset with WOT for a few reasons and not just the headers. This is unfortunate.


i have a better idea. We won't sell headers for L bodies. Sorry we tried.



User avatar
ErichZ26
Registered User
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2001 1:59 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby ErichZ26 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:32 pm

WOTTECH wrote:April to Feb is not 11 months. You were banned for threatening me via PM.
its 10 months....and we are cutting hairs here. Was there any reason he might have threatened you?


Image
1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26

User avatar
ErichZ26
Registered User
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2001 1:59 pm
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby ErichZ26 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 pm

WOTTECH wrote:
ErichZ26 wrote:I am not sure why this transaction has to go in this direction. The builder is defensive. The buyer feels cheated.
Why not work something out here.

Since these are prototypes. Slinky should get those headers on the car and try them out. Take photo's of area's that may need improvement. Test them out over the next few months for any problems with cracking or leaks(not that they will i might add).

WOT, why don't you offer some sort of warranty with these and keep tabs with the buyer and follow up with any problems. It will make your company look very good and not like OBX headers that were brought up.

There have been 1/2 dozen or so headers made for GM 60 degree engines...and this does not even include older Longitude RWD and Transverse mount Fiero stuff. Why not make a greater product.

Judging by the previous post I think Slinky is upset with WOT for a few reasons and not just the headers. This is unfortunate.


i have a better idea. We won't sell headers for L bodies. Sorry we tried.



Thats your choice. Many have tried and stopped..or failed.


Image
1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26

User avatar
Slinky
Registered User
Posts: 917
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby Slinky » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 pm

ErichZ26 wrote:
WOTTECH wrote:April to Feb is not 11 months. You were banned for threatening me via PM.
its 10 months....and we are cutting hairs here. Was there any reason he might have threatened you?


Me "Threatening" him amounted to me saying i was going to contact the BBB as well as post on various forums telling how they treated me and how they did business after i waited for 9 months at the time, he didnt like that i was going to make it all public and show what their company was actually like so he banned me and than posted at the end of that thread trying to make me look like the bad guy by leaving out alot of rude remarks that he had said to me in pm's..

Jon lock this thread and be done with it


1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance

User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10657
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: WOT-TECH header feedback..

Postby 3X00-Modified » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Slinky you just won't quit.

I'm not allowing your crying ass to ruin the chance at aftermarket parts for our cars, same goes for you Erich. I would like to have Ben work with a beretta header option in the future so I'm ending this pissing match now!

If there were all these rude remarks why don't you have copies of these said pm's?




Return to “Feedback Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest