looking for a CAI, intake manifold, and tb

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made

Post by Guest »

like it says in the sig, i have a 1996 chevy beretta with a 2.2L 4-cylinder in it. Im wanting a cai, and an intake manifold, do they possibly make a tb for it as well? do the make aftermarket aluminum cylinderheads? is the one stock aluminum? i was thinking of porting and polishing the head, along with a cam but i dont see anything for it. anyone have any ideas on this?

Brandon

Mikes_95_Berry

Post by Mikes_95_Berry »

(Bjs96Beretta @ Feb. 02 2006,08:34)Q
U
O
T
Elike it says in the sig, i have a 1996 chevy beretta with a 2.2L 4-cylinder in it. Im wanting a cai, and an intake manifold, do they possibly make a tb for it as well? do the make aftermarket aluminum cylinderheads? is the one stock aluminum? i was thinking of porting and polishing the head, along with a cam but i dont see anything for it. anyone have any ideas on this?

Brandon
Hi Brandon!

Most of the stuff you described can be found at Mantapart.com. Click on engine parts and then click on 2.0 / 2.2 OHV 4 Cylinder. They have 2.2 heads with mild sports porting, Larger Intake Plenum and Throttle Body.

*Other info @ Bsuff.com fourms

Lots of choices for CAI's:

Mantapart.com and Tranzgenic.com make thier own.

Weapon-R.com has the Secret Weapon and Dragon intakes.

Streetbeatcustoms.com has a short ram intake (Injen, I think) for the Cavalier 2.2 that should work on the Beretta.

Powerflowracing.com has the Spectre Performance PowerAdder Intake system. This is a complete customizable intake system. Can order the pieces from Auto Zone to build.

This should help you get started.

My Raspberry Metallic 95 Beretta 2.2 5 Speed @ CarDomain

My 1998 Dodge 1500 Magnum V6 "Shorty" @ CarDomain

Post by Guest »

WOW thanks man, but it doesnt have a cam, its a pushrod 2.2L  does the whole upper intake come off with the tb still in place or can i take it off?

Brandon

Post by Guest »

ok i found that AEM makes a CAI for a cavalier 2.2L,BUT everythings 98 and up i need a 96, but injin makes a 2.2L 96 and up kit, will this work? oh ya its a short ram though, should i get pictures up to help everyone? who can help me out?

Brandon

Mikes_95_Berry

Post by Mikes_95_Berry »

(Bjs96Beretta @ Feb. 04 2006,15:46)Q
U
O
T
EWOW thanks man, but it doesnt have a cam, its a pushrod 2.2L  does the whole upper intake come off with the tb still in place or can i take it off?

Brandon
The throttle body is bolted to the plenum. The plenum is bolted to the intake manifold. Usually it's better to remove the TB first then plenum.

Seems like your confused... OHV mean Over Head Valve. Not Over Head Cam. (OHC) The 2.2 has a cam in the engine block which drives the push rods for the valve rockers.

Should consult with Beretta repair manual. Like Haynes.

Post by Guest »

heck yes i bought a haynes today  ya sorry about that never worked with push rod, only cam motors, this is my fist car so you know i dont know that much on it yet.  OK so the TB is bolted up on it? all i got to do is unbolt it then put an aftermarket one on? im wanting to go with a fenderwell cold air intake. they have one on manta parts but their expensive!  thanks for the info though ya i was confused LMAO

Post by Guest »

im thinking of going with a tranzgenic CAI, its made for these cars anyways, and its an O.K. price. but i will look for tb, and all for it later on.

Brandon

Mikes_95_Berry

Post by Mikes_95_Berry »

(Bjs96Beretta @ Feb. 04 2006,16:21)Q
U
O
T
Eheck yes i bought a haynes today  ya sorry about that never worked with push rod, only cam motors, this is my fist car so you know i dont know that much on it yet.  OK so the TB is bolted up on it? all i got to do is unbolt it then put an aftermarket one on? im wanting to go with a fenderwell cold air intake. they have one on manta parts but their expensive!  thanks for the info though ya i was confused LMAO
Yeah. You could mount a larger TB on.

The issue is with the PVC valve and intake air temperture sensor.  You'll need an intake that allows those to be connected. Not sure if the AEM intake has them. I do know that the ones I mentioned above do.

I lived in Texas in 1994. I know that if the emission controls are removed / disconnected the car wont pass inspection.

Post by Guest »

alright sweet deal thanks! ya ill get a bigger tb maybe a  56MM one? and im going to go ahead and get that one cold air intake i mentioned. man i cant thank you enough when i started here i didnt think they made or had any modifications what so ever to these little 4 cylinders, i come from fords and all with the 5.0L so i know where the best parts to are and what parts to use to get full tq/and hp out of it. ya im going to need to pass emissions for this! thank you much mike! i will get pictures up tomorrow hopefully!

Brandon

Mikes_95_Berry

Post by Mikes_95_Berry »

(Bjs96Beretta @ Feb. 04 2006,16:52)Q
U
O
T
Ealright sweet deal thanks! ya ill get a bigger tb maybe a  56MM one? and im going to go ahead and get that one cold air intake i mentioned. man i cant thank you enough when i started here i didnt think they made or had any modifications what so ever to these little 4 cylinders, i come from fords and all with the 5.0L so i know where the best parts to are and what parts to use to get full tq/and hp out of it. ya im going to need to pass emissions for this! thank you much mike! i will get pictures up tomorrow hopefully!

Brandon
The parts for Beretta 2.2 are out there. Hard to find, but are out there. May not get super horsepower... but whatcha expect, it's a 4 banger.

Just remember to keep searching the internet and ask questions on the forums. Also, cross reference between the Caviliers/Sunbirds and Grand Am's. These share some common components.

Can't wait to see your pics!

I love driving mine and seeing heads turn as I go by. It's great!

And your Welcome!

Post by Guest »

well i did a bunch of stuff today, i rotated the tires, put new rotors in the front and brake pads, also changed the radiator fluid, and such, then i find out that i might have a leaking head gasket  but i will post pictures not sure when though

Mikes_95_Berry

Post by Mikes_95_Berry »

Well, that's not a good thing to find.

But, it would give you a chance to replace the gaskets with nice new performance ones.  

Hope it's not your daily driver.

Post by Guest »

yep it is! but i dont start driving until febuary 16,2006 my brother and i are getting it fixed though, if its leaking, he and i both notied it when we were filling up the overflow, i started it up and it ran a litte bit then when i turned it off there was water bubbing near the front center of the head but it wasnt alot of bubbles maybe about 1 or 2 didnt really see that many.  ill just get a stock replacement, it will hold as long as i havent not sure if im going to sell in the future. but i will see if the head gasket is leaking, will do a leak down test for it.  if i do go down there im thinking of porting and polishing the aluminum head i have. and then going from there with the better TB and cai, along with a better exhaust.

Brandon