New company with 2.8/3.1 and 3100 cai's

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made

Post by Guest »

As most of you know, Chris Norton and I have a company, Tranzgenic, which until now has specialized in used parts / motor swaps.  We've been toying with the idea of building intake systems for a while now and have finally acquired a source for the parts required, so we're officially rolling!

Our goal is to produce actual "Cold Air" intake systems, not the "Hot Air" systems that most of the other guys make.  With this goal in mind, some of our intake systems require some minor cutting of the thin engine bay sheet metal, but the results are awesome.  We're launching this now to help get the word spread around so that anyone eyeing that Mantapart $180 Hot Air intake will know there's a MUCH better alternative.  Now, on to the intakes...

All of our intakes are made with 3" mandrel bent T6061 Aircraft Aluminum. The piping is polished stock, however we can powdercoat it any color for an additional fee.  They are available with Red, Blue or Yellow couplers and cone filters.  We can also build custom intakes and encourage requests!

Here is a list of our current intake systems and some pictures and videos (DIVX codec required):

94-95 Beretta V6 Non-MAF Cold Air Intake - $159
http://www.tranzgenic.com/intakes/3100

88-91 Beretta V6 Non-MAF Cold Air Intake - $159
http://www.tranzgenic.com/intakes/28-31

I know it's a short list for now, but as soon as we sell a few and get some more money for R+D we'll have a fine selection of functional intakes for just about any make and model of vehicle! We will have a website with online ordering and be able to take credit cards directly by the first of the year!

If you are interested in purchasing an intake or have any questions, please e-mail us directly at: sales@tranzgenic.com

Thanks for the bandwidth, and we appreciate your support of a small business

Post by Guest »

:-D thats me he he he/ I am gonna add to this and strongly reccomend the intake you guys. They sound "sick", and im happy with the performance of mine. They look good and are built to perfection. They are better than the steep wai cost of some companys....light weight unlike exhaust piping intakes and yeah thats about all i can think of for now. Good Job and thANKS a bunch Aaron - keep up the work.

mike

Post by Guest »

I should ask (like I forgot to in the Bstuff thread).........

Do these things use a genuine K&N cone, or similar washable/reuseable cotton-gauze filter?

Or is it a cheapo?

Otherwise, $159 sounds like one HELL of a deal for a well engineered intake thats actually DESIGNED for the Beretta.

Post by Guest »

u say they come powdercoated for an extra fee. will they be powdercoated professionally or is it a kit you have?
Zak

Post by Guest »

Quote (BIGBULS @ Dec. 14 2003,14:40)I should ask (like I forgot to in the Bstuff thread).........

Do these things use a genuine K&N cone, or similar washable/reuseable cotton-gauze filter?

Or is it a cheapo?

Otherwise, $159 sounds like one HELL of a deal for a well engineered intake thats actually DESIGNED for the Beretta.
We are using "Funnel Ram" filters currently.  They are an inverted top style cotton/gauze filter, are washable, and carry a 50,000 mile warranty.  

While they are an "off brand" filter, I've been using one on my GT for 30k miles now and have had no problems with it.  

However, if someone REALLY wants a genuine K&N, that no problem -- but it'll cost about $25 more.

Post by Guest »

Quote (QuasarCorsica @ Dec. 14 2003,14:48)u say they come powdercoated for an extra fee. will they be powdercoated professionally or is it a kit you have?
Zak
We outsource our powdercoating to a local shop that been doing it for 9 years -- the same shop that did my GTZ wheels over 2.5 years ago (and they still look new after 2 Colorado Winters).

I've NEVER had a problem with ANY of thier work -- EVER.

Post by Guest »

Quote (Stencil @ Dec. 14 2003,15:49)We are using "Funnel Ram" filters currently.  They are an inverted top style cotton/gauze filter, are washable, and carry a 50,000 mile warranty. ÂÂÂ

While they are an "off brand" filter, I've been using one on my GT for 30k miles now and have had no problems with it. ÂÂÂ

However, if someone REALLY wants a genuine K&N, that no problem -- but it'll cost about $25 more.
As long as the filters are oiled cotton gauze filters that are washable, it really doesn't matter WHAT brand they are. Just as long as they flow well.

Off hand...........how large are the filters (especially the 3100 ones)? 8 inches long? 9?

Do you perhaps have any pics of the intakes UNinstalled?

Canada

Post by Canada »

Looks like you need to make one for an OBD-II car......and it looks like I'll have to get one from you.

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta
paintgod93

Post by paintgod93 »

Quote (Canada @ Dec. 16 2003,03:27)Looks like you need to make one for an OBD-II car......and it looks like I'll have to get one from you.
werd

1996 zed26 Worst
2000 Katana Better
2006 Gsx-R Best
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Sahhweet!   :0

_________
-------------

Post by Guest »

OMG!, and all this time, i've been searching!!
YOU ARE A HERO!!!

Now, all I have to do is start saving in my piggy bank to get a 1-of-a-kind Cold Air Intake system with blue trim and blue washers and rubber seels  thank you thank you thank you thank you

Cheers!
MagnumX

Canada

Post by Canada »

RSM Racing makes a nice WAI....I'd tell you to get that, but Mr Choke-It has a much better option here.

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta

Post by Guest »

Quote (Canada @ Dec. 16 2003,03:27)Looks like you need to make one for an OBD-II car......and it looks like I'll have to get one from you.
Wayt...way way wayyyt...
does this mean, that this custom intake won't fit my `96 Z26?

..and I was just getting excited, stupid that I didn't read thorougly through these messages  
what does OBD-II stand for?  what's it all about?
... it does say 3100 and  `94 to `95 Beretta`s... mine's a `96, what's the difference between the `94&`95 z26's and the `96 z26's?  or am i just jumping into conclusions?!
PAAALeeeaaazzzzeee HELP ME!!

ok.. i'm done being dramtically anoying now

Post by Guest »

as a matter of fact, this might be what I was worried about, and figured out.. hehe.. OBD-II --> could this be the intake for us?

http://www.tranzgenic.com/intakes/nono/

hmm... i wonder?

88GTRacer

Post by 88GTRacer »

OBD stands for "On Board Diagnostics".  Mid 1995+ Berettas have a MAF sensor in between the air box and air duct.  The link you provided was a picture of Canada's WAI from RSM.  88GTRacer

"It is one of the most beautiful shapes on the road. Aero, alluring and very aggressive.
It is a Beretta, the new performance coupe from Chevrolet."