New company with 2.8/3.1 and 3100 cai's

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made

Post by Guest »

Will there be a dyno rating for the 2.8/3.1 CAI? I haven't seen any number.  Unless you've posted it somewhere I failed to notice it. ÂÂÂ

Post by Guest »

Quote (BallisticGTU @ Mar. 05 2004,05:22)Will there be a dyno rating for the 2.8/3.1 CAI? I haven't seen any number.  Unless you've posted it somewhere I failed to notice it. ÂÂÂ
I will be dynoing them on March 20th, however we expect them to make 3-4WHP over the stock system.

Post by Guest »

Quote (92BerettaProject @ Mar. 04 2004,14:36)Let us know when you're ready to take orders for the Quad version.  I need one for a 91 and a 92.
hey.. that red beretta... did you buy that off of ebay?!?!

i was there a week ago bidding on a  new factory 94-96 Beretta Stock Cd Player....hmmm... lost that bid.. but that's my question....

Post by Guest »

Quote (Stencil @ Mar. 03 2004,11:30)It is on the bottom of the piping, so it's not visible from the top.

If it makes you feel better, IF you ever order an intake from me, I'll put yours right on the top of the intake piping so it sticks strait up...hood clearance might be an issue, but atleast you can put your fears to rest each time you see the dent in your hood that the sensor is actually IN the intake an that I wasn't lying when I said it would be  
nooo.. no no no..

that's okay about moving the sensor's location.. i said i believed you.

as a comment Stencil... please note, i can get too excited sometimes, and even sometimes excited over petty things.

I trust it's there, cause you said "I left not one thing dangling"

i was just curious is all.

But.. i have another problem (not to mention my head, huhu)... would I need to get a filter cone sheild for my intake when it's installed?  i know it will be protected from the wheel well.. but dirt may be another issue.. or rain  

Post by Guest »

Quote (Stencil @ Mar. 05 2004,12:10)Quote (BallisticGTU @ Mar. 05 2004,05:22)Will there be a dyno rating for the 2.8/3.1 CAI? I haven't seen any number.  Unless you've posted it somewhere I failed to notice it. ÂÂÂ
I will be dynoing them on March 20th, however we expect them to make 3-4WHP over the stock system.
How easy would it be to convert the CAI into a normal WAI setup? The INJEN CAI can be shortened to a WAI incase of flooding rain and etc.

92BerettaProject

Post by 92BerettaProject »

Quote (Stencil @ Mar. 04 2004,14:57)The 91 version will require a test car - so it prolly won't happen until Bfest
How long would you need the 91 test car for?

The Kids: Fast and Faster.

Post by Guest »

Quote (BallisticGTU @ Mar. 07 2004,02:56)Quote (Stencil @ Mar. 05 2004,12:10)Quote (BallisticGTU @ Mar. 05 2004,05:22)Will there be a dyno rating for the 2.8/3.1 CAI? I haven't seen any number.  Unless you've posted it somewhere I failed to notice it. ÂÂÂ
How easy would it be to convert the CAI into a normal WAI setup? The INJEN CAI can be shortened to a WAI incase of flooding rain and etc.
The piping sections would allow it -- but you'd need a spare filter prolly to make it practical since digging the filter out of the fender well would take some time.  All youd need to do is remove the middle section and slap a filter on in it's place.

The filter sits at just about headlight level in the front end tho, so if the waters high enough to get at the filter, I highley doubt you'll be going anywhere even with a WAI.

Post by Guest »

Quote (92BerettaProject @ Mar. 10 2004,17:19)Quote (Stencil @ Mar. 04 2004,14:57)The 91 version will require a test car - so it prolly won't happen until Bfest
How long would you need the 91 test car for?
Just building the intake prolly won't take more then 2-3 hours.  I usually give a discount to the prototype cars as well.

If your 91's gonna be in the area the weekend of the 20th of March, that'd be perfect as it would allow us to dyno it

Post by Guest »

Well I have a 88 Beretta GT with a 2.8 and it has a MAF so why no intake for the MAF cars, not that much harder to do just a couple more couplings

Post by Guest »

Quote (89BERETTAGURL @ Mar. 16 2004,19:34)Well I have a 88 Beretta GT with a 2.8 and it has a MAF so why no intake for the MAF cars, not that much harder to do just a couple more couplings
Because it's not worth the money to design one for a 1/2 model year car.  The 88 MAF is terribly restrictive and a problimatic design to begin with - that's WHY GM came out with the speed density upgrade.

If you have an 88 GT, just preform the SDU from GM, that way you can remove the MAF and this intake will work fine for your car.

Post by Guest »

Quote (BallisticGTU @ Mar. 05 2004,05:22)Will there be a dyno rating for the 2.8/3.1 CAI? I haven't seen any number.  Unless you've posted it somewhere I failed to notice it. ÂÂÂ
Welp, I finally got a chance to get a dyno on the 3.1 intake.  Here are the results from a 90 3.1 Auto:

About 4WHP / 5FT Lbs over gain over the stock system -- also it appears to shift the power curve up a little as well.

Post by Guest »

looks good!  The torque gain is far more than I expected.

Post by Guest »

WHOA! 165lb/ft at the wheel? DANG!

Post by Guest »

Thank you soo much! Its impossible to find cold air intakes for beretta's. Is that an American price or Canadian?? And what about shipping prices?? Im very interested, but just need to get the cash in. It looks amazing, I cant wait to have one of those sittin under the hood

Post by Guest »

That's a VERY nice gain for the MFI car's..............I was only expecting 3whp or so.

NICE.

Now have you done a dyno for the 92+ style intake as of yet?