Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
HeartBeatKid

New company with 2.8/3.1 and 3100 cai's

Post by HeartBeatKid »

yea its been cold up here  *shrugs* well its either relocate or no CAI

and thanks for letting me know

Post by Guest »

Quote (Jdawg4201 @ Jan. 22 2004,21:09)yea its been cold up here  *shrugs* well its either relocate or no CAI

Well, you DO have another option -- the CAI we produce doesn't require battery relocation ;)

I'm sure you could sell your current equipment on Ebay for close to what you paid for it.

Post by Guest »

Quote (Z26 performance @ Jan. 22 2004,21:09)I need to go take a quick look under my hood to check if my car has an MAF. What does it look like? It's right between the throttle body and air intake piping right?

Edit: And I'd say that if I don't have an MAF which I'm told I probably don't then I'd say that there's a 95% chance of me buying you CAI.
Here is a picture of one on an Alero:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rsm1/3400.jpg

It's the silver square box between the blue coupler and the air filter. (Anyone who thinks I'm expensive -- RSM get's $250 for that intake system!!!!)

Z26 performance

Post by Z26 performance »

I checked my engine and there is absolutley nothing in between my throttle body and the intake piping. So I guess I don't have an MAF in my 95 Z26.

Now I'd say it's a 99% chance I'll buy one. As soon as I get more money. Which shouldn't be too long but there's lots of extra stuff I have to pay for other than my usual bills so I'll see how it plays out. I hope to have one by spring.

HeartBeatKid

Post by HeartBeatKid »

Quote (Stencil @ Jan. 23 2004,09:52)Quote (Jdawg4201 @ Jan. 22 2004,21:09)yea its been cold up here  *shrugs* well its either relocate or no CAI

Well, you DO have another option -- the CAI we produce doesn't require battery relocation ;)

I'm sure you could sell your current equipment on Ebay for close to what you paid for it.
yea i hear ya but i was gona relocate the battery anyway:) im butting a sterio system in the trunk and having the battery back there would help big time.  
i also already have the parts and being in the condition that im in i cant do anything  right now  i would if i could but then i would also be spending more money.  i bought the CAI for only $49.xx battery kit was $60.xx

gar187er

Post by gar187er »

jon why would you think a battery in the back would help with a system!? unless your running competition type stuff you dont need one!!!!

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!
HeartBeatKid

Post by HeartBeatKid »

blaa blaa blaaa  leave me be

Z26 performance

I cannot buy those new wheels I wanted because they are either totally out of stock or they don't make them anymore. I emailed dicount tire direct and if they tell me they wont be getting any more of the style I want in or if it isn't made anymore then I'll be buying your CAI right away.

brunell8

Post by brunell8 »

What is the status on CAI's for the 96 3100's?  Sorry if it's mentioned in the thread, I didn't see it anywhere.

My Cardomain Page

Post by Guest »

Okay... what i was saying about the sensor on the air filter box.

It's suppose to be a sensor that monitors the air that enters the box.
I've taken that sensor connection off before, and i noticed major problems with my engine when I hit the gas... it sounds like the engine is out of gas... and the transmission doesn't wana shift.
But when I put the sensor back on, it runs perfectly fine.
I'm not talking about the MAF... it's the sensor before that.
All of you might not have one because your Berettas are older.
I have a late model 1996 Beretta Z26.
you'd have to find someone with a `96 to know what i'm saying.  If not, maybe i'm wrong.. but I know that it's going to be hard to put a cone on the custom intake, and drive without a Sensor connected to the inlet.

-Mag

Post by Guest »

Quote (brunell8 @ Feb. 08 2004,20:41)What is the status on CAI's for the 96 3100's?  Sorry if it's mentioned in the thread, I didn't see it anywhere.
Yes....he has them done, and his website is now up and running (although still under semi-construction).

And he IS taking orders...........so BUY NOW!

Post by Guest »

Quote (BIGBULS @ Feb. 14 2004,06:47)Quote (brunell8 @ Feb. 08 2004,20:41)What is the status on CAI's for the 96 3100's?  Sorry if it's mentioned in the thread, I didn't see it anywhere.
Yes....he has them done, and his website is now up and running (although still under semi-construction).

So... if I get one of these for my `96 z26 3100... it will have every single sensor connection available for it?  including the one i just mentioned in my last posting?

i can care less about the other sensor things because i'm sure he has that taken care of, but what about the first sensor attached to the lid for the air box?

Allllsooo...what's the web address for Stencil's products?

the last i know about it's www.tranzgenic.com
i tried that, but there are no open links or anything, just one page that says Under Construction.
did he change URL?

that's all i need to know, and i'll be on with my happy life  

plus.... does he have a part # for the `96 3100 air intake kit?
So i know when i'm ready to order?.... just curious.. and how do i make the purchase?  through the mail?...etc... well.. you get the picture

i'll shut up now :P

BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Quote (MagnumX @ Feb. 13 2004,11:00)Okay... what i was saying about the sensor on the air filter box.

It's suppose to be a sensor that monitors the air that enters the box.
I've taken that sensor connection off before, and i noticed major problems with my engine when I hit the gas... it sounds like the engine is out of gas... and the transmission doesn't wana shift.
But when I put the sensor back on, it runs perfectly fine.
I'm not talking about the MAF... it's the sensor before that.
All of you might not have one because your Berettas are older.
I have a late model 1996 Beretta Z26.
you'd have to find someone with a `96 to know what i'm saying.  If not, maybe i'm wrong.. but I know that it's going to be hard to put a cone on the custom intake, and drive without a Sensor connected to the inlet.

-Mag
There's part of the sensor that comes right off then the other half is still connected to the air box. You have to pull the part off the air box and connect it back to the sensor. Then it should run fine.

Post by Guest »

Quote (MagnumX @ Feb. 15 2004,00:27)Quote (BIGBULS @ Feb. 14 2004,06:47)Quote (brunell8 @ Feb. 08 2004,20:41)What is the status on CAI's for the 96 3100's?  Sorry if it's mentioned in the thread, I didn't see it anywhere.

So... if I get one of these for my `96 z26 3100... it will have every single sensor connection available for it?  including the one i just mentioned in my last posting?

i can care less about the other sensor things because i'm sure he has that taken care of, but what about the first sensor attached to the lid for the air box?

Allllsooo...what's the web address for Stencil's products?

the last i know about it's www.tranzgenic.com
i tried that, but there are no open links or anything, just one page that says Under Construction.
did he change URL?

that's all i need to know, and i'll be on with my happy life ÂÂÂ

plus.... does he have a part # for the `96 3100 air intake kit?
So i know when i'm ready to order?.... just curious.. and how do i make the purchase?  through the mail?...etc... well.. you get the picture

i'll shut up now :P
The website is still http://www.tranzgenic.com

The 95-96 MAF intake system is designed ready to roll.  Our intake systems are a DIRECT replacement for the stock equipment -- that means that NOTHING is left hanging in the bay.

I don't like cheezy, half baked crap like the intakes you find on Ebay for $1 - my stuff is well thought out and tested before I sell it.

Just check out the site and e-mail or call me when your ready to order.

Z26 performance

Just out of curiosity, will you guys be tooling any other beretta parts in the future? Like, extrude honing (I think its called) intake manifolds, cat backs, ported exhaust manifolds.... things of that nature?