IAT sensor compatibility

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
woody90gtz

IAT sensor compatibility

Post by woody90gtz »

The IAT in the 91 is different than the IAT in my 95 and doesnt fit the CAI coupler well. (I could probably make it work, but it would require more effort than is probably worth). Can I just use 95 IAT or will it throw off the reading?

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: IAT sensor compatibility

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Should be fine, its just a thermal resistor... put them both in ambient air and then check the resistance if they are very close to the same number then you'll be fine. If one is like 10k and the other is 50k the um yeah either one is bad or they are different, BUT I doubt they are any different.

LOLz, I edited your post at first... My bad.

Also As some have noted, the IAT ha such little meaning in the whole realm of things I doubt that it would affect your tuning in the end.. the only table I know of that could play any trouble is the air_temp_spark table where it pulls some timing if the air coming in is stupid hot.. But you could always zero that out too...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

The connector for the older and newer one are the same. I'll fire it and see how it works... haha

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm going to talk to Dave today and see if I can get your bin file and also see if he uses tunercat, because if he does then I can also get his DEF file and then down in Charlotte if you want to change anything, I'll swipe the chip burner from here and we can make some changes. Obviously I don't have a OBDI scanner for my PC, but I do have a OBDI scan TOOL, as you know.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Jon has tunercat? And a chip burner at work? :crazy:

I believe Dave uses TunerPro RT. There might be a way to go between the two, I can't remember.

And the IAT's should read the same unless one is broke! :D
I'm using a 3-wire CTS from a 1995 Dodge Neon because it's the exact same part as GM ones, and my dad had a like new one lying around and it saved me some money and a trip to the store when my rear sensor went out. (didn't feel like yanking the one in the head out and paying for a new, just upgraded to the 3-wire and called it good). I checked the ohm's and it read the same as the 2 wire and was in specs according to the chiltons book. I wonder how many other cars share the same analog sensors?

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...