Styluss Automotive Warm & Cold Air Intakes

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
Wivm1014

Re: Styluss Automotive Warm & Cold Air Intakes

Post by Wivm1014 »

This is no joke guys. I fell into the eBay trap. $45 shipped was music to my ears and it "said" it would fit my car. It doesn't. From one beretta owner to others, the picture proves styluss makes them correctly. Thanks to eBay I paid $45 for some "chrome" pipe and a $10 filter. I will be saving up for Styluss's kit

1996 Z26 Red, CAI, otherwise stock, 13x,xxx miles
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

scd88ga wrote:
Styluss wrote:The tricky thing is the three different styles of throttle body on the various years of the cars. It makes a "one size fits all Quads" application very tough.
Huh? All 2.3 quad 4 throttle bodies are the same size, style, and location... There were minor changes in some years to the IACV location/clocking, TPS style, and coolant tubes (removable) on early ones, but nothing that would affect any sort of design change for an intake...
And that is what I meant to say. It's not the throttle bodies that are different but the other items around them that will/could affect the routing of the piping.

Just has to make a trip down huh 88GTZ? YOu men to the friggin' edge of the state!?!? Why don't one of those cars come to me with my side skirts!?!? :wink:

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Styluss wrote:
And that is what I meant to say. It's not the throttle bodies that are different but the other items around them that will/could affect the routing of the piping.
Yeah, the batteries turned to the side in later years like every other Beretta. I still can't think of anything around them that would interfere? Somebody bring him a damn quad for mock-up already! :D

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Or someone take the time to mock up their own and let Ryan sell it... Hell I did my own 3 pipe system rather than the 4 that tranzgenic used to sell. The second photo is of the 3 pipe one... the first photo was the 4 pipe and caused my fender well to bulge.

IIRC I gave Ryan info on how to do that as well since I would like to see others have that option. I also made an intake for Bman after Niagara.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Honestly Jon it is just about as easy as not including the 4th pipe piece. IIRC only a very small adjustment, if any, is needed to the cut on the third pipe to have it suffice on its own. My one issue is that I don't want to sell someone a 3 pipe intake and have it not fit well. I would like to see one first hand to make sure I'm selling a quality product.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

How much does a 45* or a 90* pipe cost? and another coupler? That's why I went with the 3 pipe system and it also made my filter fit much better.

I could get you pics and measurement's if you wanted, but mine is with a very small K&N filter.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Yeah, I think it may be beneficial for me to order a smaller size filter for the 3x00 applications.

Moving to a three pipe system wont save a ton of cash, but it will save a chunk!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Moving to a smaller filter wont save you money trust me... this small K&N filter was expensive LOL Unless of course you find a small off name brand one.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I'd have to look mine up, but I think it was just under the X stream that I had on the 90. I can look up the part number of the one that I have on the 95 if you want.

keep'em flying!
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I wasn't stating that a smaller filter would save on costs, but that it would simply fit better.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
Money pit Beretta

It sure does fit better. Sure miss the 90 and the ability to use that X stream. Sure loved how that thing was made. That top filter has got to make the flow smooth.

Styluss I'd say that you could offer them for older cars, but it was hell to get it in there. I even had to bend the horn bracket all the way back.

keep'em flying!
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Offer what exactly for older cars? CAIs? I do! And they fit pretty good, although I did bend my horn back as well just for more room.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
Money pit Beretta

No the K&N X Stream, like the one I used on my old Tranzgenic.
Funny thing is your CAI looks very close(ha,ha).

I swear that when you honk the horn the car slows down a small amount. But that's just me and I'm a bit crazy.

keep'em flying!
felixGTU

Post by felixGTU »

Hey Ryan do know if the warm air intake would be smog legal for California? These are the reasons why I do not like living in CA.

Chevrolet Beretta GTU/GT
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

felixGTU wrote:Hey Ryan do know if the warm air intake would be smog legal for California? These are the reasons why I do not like living in CA.
Probably not, but just save all of your original air box and have it inspected with those parts on it and swap it over after. I was going to play that game with my Legacy exhaust until I just put a small cat on it and got it to pass emissions without a hitch.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"