Sum up my weekend it two photos...

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Sum up my weekend it two photos...

Post by 3X00-Modified »

What do you mean by Broker? We have an insurance agent... The Cop was on duty all day Saturday when Amy left him a Message at Noon, as well as the other individual first person on scene leaving him a message at 9:30pm the night before. Amy will be calling again tomorrow to get a hold of the office if at all possible and if that does not result in a call back by the end of the day we will be moving up the food chain. We've informed the insurance company of the issues we are currently having as well as the suspiciousness of the whole thing and they are waiting for the police report before doing anything. The officer at the scene also said it would be 2 weeks before the report was ready... That's just friken nuts.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Skeevy. Sometimes it pays dividends to go further up the food chain.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

3X00-Modified wrote:What do you mean by Broker? We have an insurance agent... The Cop was on duty all day Saturday when Amy left him a Message at Noon, as well as the other individual first person on scene leaving him a message at 9:30pm the night before. Amy will be calling again tomorrow to get a hold of the office if at all possible and if that does not result in a call back by the end of the day we will be moving up the food chain. We've informed the insurance company of the issues we are currently having as well as the suspiciousness of the whole thing and they are waiting for the police report before doing anything. The officer at the scene also said it would be 2 weeks before the report was ready... That's just friken nuts.
If the agent works for your insurance company, he is there to mitigate costs and responsibility and save money for the company..
A Broker deals with numerous companies and is on YOUR side to mitigate your situation.
WE have talked about this Jon.
Call me if you need.
All the best to you and Amy. Just glad she is OK!!!!
At the end of the day, it's a car!
HUG YOUR WIFE!
:friends:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

Two weeks? Damn. I was able to access mine online in a day...

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

First, sorry to hear about it, my luck has been running in similar veins this past year and a half... I've lost five cars and a motorcycle (a VERY fast, clean bike :cry: ) to extremely bad circumstances this past year alone, and financially things are bad enough that bfest is out of the question at this point, I'm hoping I won't have to sell any of the cars I still have.
Second:
Asylum wrote: All the best to you and Amy. Just glad she is OK!!!!
At the end of the day, it's a car!
HUG YOUR WIFE!
:friends:
X2 on this. My family is still doing well, that is the most important.

Third, I can empathize with your plight against injustice on the ticket -I got pegged as at-fault because someone ran through the end of a turn lane and side-swiped me as I was merging over for the turn-lane for the next intersection -then he lied to the cop and said he was turning left there and I caused the accident by pulling into his lane (which ended at that intersection, and wasn't a continuous lane for him, that I was already past). The cop was too lazy to get out and look at the skid-mark he left, it was obvious he was speeding and could not have even made the turn at that speed, I even proved it in court and still got cited, even though the judge said I would stand a good chance in civil court, but she still upheld the lazy pi.. er, um, cop's decision... :unknown: Why do people act like this? Because they are dirty @$$-Os, trying to wipe their problems off on you all day long. (Yes, I am a misanthrope, because I have my eyes open, thanks. :x )

Good luck with the Roo, and the ticket -that is ridiculous. They should take a poll to see how many people are stupid enough to think this guy is not at fault, then fire the cop for incompetence. He can be a park-cleaner and pick dog $#!t up with a bag. I'm sick of this crap.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

My wife's transcript with photos of the vehicle damage and written letter from the whitness who moved debris at the scene is all going to the Sargent with the police report... hopefully he wakes the gently caress up and see's how much this officer is ignoring as well as NEVER returning ONE phone call to either the witness or us from the accident date friday to this last friday and decides to not sign off on the report submitted. We can only hope.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Sargent was extremely interested in the photo evidence and actually took Amy's binder so he could sit down with the officer and talk to him. Still no conformation on fault change or whatever, but I'm hoping that comes from this discussion with the officer since Amy proved that the Jeep couldn't have even been at the angle it needed to be at to cause the damage across the front and still be in its own lane.

She also calculated the speed of the tire when it hit her car using photos of the angled rubber marks on the side of her door... As well as the large groove in her rocker that was also angled down and was caused by the tire of the Jeep since there is nothing that low on that vehicle to do that.

Her car was totaled but we bought it back to part it out... and we also bought her an 04 Forester this weekend with 94k on it, so at least that's a step in the right direction. And no we did NOT pay sticker price on this car... Amy beat the crap out of the owner of the dealership on the price and didn't even need me LOL I love my wife!
Attachments
0_3791.jpg
0 (10).jpg
0 (9).jpg
0 (7).jpg
0 (2).jpg
0 (1).jpg

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

5spd wagon?! Ok, that's actually pretty cool. haha

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

lol yup She wouldn't take anything with an auto in it. It's crazy the whole drive line in this is direct from a WRX so any STI part will bolt right up to it... Including turbo and intercooler... lol

We almost went to look at a Legacy GT wagon, there were two in the area with under 100k on them, both 5-speed's as well but she wanted and liked the boxier look of the older Forester. The Legacy's were also priced a bit higher than this because of the year.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Nice! She'll love the turbo I'm sure.

I'm a fan of the 06-08 XT's myself, but that looks great!

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Oh it's turbo too. I didn't even notice the scoop. Sweet! Was her old Sube a stick? I'm not a Sube fan (granted Tiff's was N/A) but it is nice that you can get a manual with them. The 6spd is a big reason we went with the Cruze, but the new Cruze diesel is auto only for now. Gonna have to wait until they offer it with a stick.

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

heavywoody wrote:Nice! She'll love the turbo I'm sure.

I'm a fan of the 06-08 XT's myself, but that looks great!
She actually liked the older style more than the smoother 06-08... Also there was nothing at that price point with under 100k on it in our area... There were only 8 within 500 miles of us that were 04-05 with under 100k to 130k on them for around 10k to 9.5k, two being Red which she didn't like, also both were 140k and 120k miles and two silver ones with under 100k The other 4 were a good distance away and higher mileage as well. If this one fell through she would have been calling the listing that was in Maryland... OR going with a Legacy wagon but once again she really doesn't like the roundness of it.

04-05 to 06-08 have very few changes... the 04-05 has different bumpers really and a different front body line for the fender matching the bumper, and the headlight difference, but other than that the body down the side is near exactly the same.

And yes her old Subie was also a stick... She's had a stick shift since she got her Bronco 2, only had an auto with her Xterra but that didn't last long because when her dad was driving coming back from skiing and hit some ice it flipped on them. I think it was 2 months old... and that's when she got her Impreza.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Subarus have been the car to beat since the WRX first rolled into the States, so far as I am concerned. :pardon: I hate timing-belt engines though, and the prices of most decent used 'Roos push them out of my price-range, but at least they still offer manual-transmissions -I hate auto trannys as much as I hate timing-belts in interference engines!

It looks like you two are moving on from this in a good direction, congrats on the new car. Don't tweak it out too much though :wink:, at least not at first, give yourselves some room to grow later... :twisted:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

All that's getting done to it right now is a new clutch, a timing belt kit, and two new tires since the dealer only put two new ones on it... They didn't realize they are all supposed to match.

Then MAYBE I'll think about adding a lb or two of extra boost, but thats probably about it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Excellent choice on the new car! That gen of Foresters is probably my favorite. Seriously, what can't you do with a forester?