What is this part called?!

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
BerettaLove32

What is this part called?!

Post by BerettaLove32 »

It's a 1996 Camaro Z28. The parts that the battery wires are going to. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a bottom piece that it secure into. I've been trying every kind of battery related search and can't seem to find the piece I need. It's possible they don't make replacements anymore which could explain why I can't find it, but if you know the exact term that would be a big help.

90INDYLIN

Re: What is this part called?!

Post by 90INDYLIN »

Not sure what you are asking, but I know it's missing the top cap which can easily be broken off. Had a '93.

90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Just looks like a distribution block. If you can't find the OEM replacement you could swap in a universal one.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

I might be missing just the top cap. I've been trying to find pictures of the part to see what is missing. I was just assuming there was a missing piece that screwed into these two holes in the frame below it, but it looks like I'm just missing a cap like you said, and that it just sits there not screwed down to anything. Thanks, guys.

oldtimer88

Post by oldtimer88 »

Its a cap.... its a Dealer only part. If its still available for your car you'll prob have to buy the whole thing top and bottom as its "hinged"... I don't think my '02 has it but I'll have to look. Best bet might be a junk yard for cheapo....

BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

I did research it some more and I found out I am missing a bottom piece. I'll have to check the junkyards and see if I can find one. I went to one yard and they had a V6 Camaro and it didn't have the part. I'm probably selling this Camaro anyway so if I don't find one it's not the end of the world.