New daily driver.

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Ozzwoman9

New daily driver.

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

Well...ever since I wrecked my beretta I've been driving a slightly modified 08 mustang gt 500+ miles a week. Needless to say the gas bills have been enormous...so the new car will basically pay for itself.

2013 focus with 12,000 miles on it. Signed all my papers today and hopefully they have it ready tomorrow (putting some new tires and stuff on it).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412279161.539366.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412279170.688959.jpg

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
Ozzwoman9

Re: New daily driver.

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

I actually ended up with another beretta, so I traded it and our motorcycle for this. Still going to fix my beretta and hand it over to my stepson.

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
whiteretta

Post by whiteretta »

Great car to have for a daily, you really can't beat the new Fords. I've only seen one with a major issue, but it was a biggie. Transmission went on one owned by my work's Territorial Manager at 30k, not sure how though. I'd imagine it was something done improperly during manufacturing, as he drives all highway.

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

I was considering a Focus for the wife because the local Ford dealer had 6-7 2012 and newer Focus's on the lot.. all with decent miles at a good price. I was close to doing that last week but then read reviews online. They are having tons of problems with the 6 speed autos in those. Parts are on backorder all kinds of fun stuff. Explains why they had that many lol.

They are good looking cars. Really wanted a hatchback one. I was thinking about looking for manual hatch Focus and giving the wife my Malibu.. but I just love my Malibu too much haha

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

Which is why mine is a 5 spd ;)

I read ALL the reviews I could find and there were a lot of complaints about how the autos shifted and that was pretty much it. I suspect that this was a lot of people that didn't realize how they were supposed to shift and that they drive like a 5 speed and if I had to guess most people who got one probably didn't know how to drive a stick. lol

It's all a done deal, but I still have to get my car I'm trading in up to the dealer yet. And to be honest, I picked this thing up for around 11k and won't even have to worry about even an oil change till after 75,000 miles. I drive 500+ miles a week just to work and back, and with the Mustang getting 20mpg the gas savings will offset most of the payment, so I'm really only out insurance money.

I was actually wanting a hatchback one too, they had one with 30k I was looking at and he came at me with this one for a better price (my hubby knows the salesman and used to work at the dealership).

1995 Beretta Z26 3100
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

I'm hoping they have it all ready today or early in the morning (I'm leaving for a road trip).
I was a little leery as this is the first ever 4 cyl I have ever owned, but then I saw the hp rating is pretty much the same as the beretta so I can live with that lol

1995 Beretta Z26 3100