Holy Grail Yellow Indy

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
pces2008thomas

Holy Grail Yellow Indy

Post by pces2008thomas »

I just found this car in Riverhead NY. Looks like the Holy Grail Beretta Indy of all time!! WOW!! :Yahoo!: https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/1125496

1988GTU

Re: Holy Grail Yellow Indy

Post by 1988GTU »

aside from the autobox, it's nice. not 20k nice tho. lol

_________
-------------
BerettaPunk

Post by BerettaPunk »

its gorgeous! granted it is a very well taken care of indy and its obviously been sheltered its whole life but even i kinda balk at the 20k price. i just bought a 92 3.1l with only 29k on it for $3k and it was garaged and only owned by a little old school teacher who never drove only to work. god i do have incredible want feelings for this car tho lol

id prob do 20 if it was one of the ACTUAL pace cars. but i think thats minimum going rate for those right? lol

92 Beretta
90 GTZ
96 Z26
09 Subawoo Impreza
85 S10 4x4
97 Grand Am (R.I.P.)
03 Cavalier(sold)
90 GT(R.I.P.)
89 Base(R.I.P.)
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Well there were only 3 of the original cars... One was sold at Auction, Indy track has the other and the winner has/had the Third... or at least was given it. Who knows what they do with their winnings. If you ask me that puts those cars in a priceless category simply because only one's location is know.

The saddest part about that link above is they have this obnoxious price thinking it's a super rare car and then it's listed with a 3.4 4cylinder engine... WTF... Get your facts straight so you at least LOOK like you know what you have.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

saw that and just clicked out of it. after a while it just becomes a numb feeling.

_________
-------------
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

THAT car has been around for a couple of years on different Dealer/Auction sites.

Never sells and is a joke, but it gets some newbies all excited about over-priced cars that are simply honest $2500 cars.

Jon and Amy's is actually a nicer car, as are a couple of others on here.

The "REAL" GM Built Pace Car sold at Barrett-Jackson was purchased by the Pattison Group out of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and was in their warehouse in Arizona for a while, and then offered at an RM auction with a $25,000 USD reserve and did not sell.

It is no secret what they paid. It's listed on the Barrett-Jackson web site. As I recall it was just under $20,000.

That is the last anyone heard of it. Probably dusty in some warehouse and forgotten about.

That is what I have learned about it, FWIW

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.