The stuff you take for granted, and forget about.

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Asylum

The stuff you take for granted, and forget about.

Post by Asylum »

I have taken ALOT of heat at times from those who are critical of the fact I didn't do the 3500 swap on my car.

Fair enough I suppose.

Chris Wilson wanted to do it and I was more than willing to allow him to do it, and be the FIRST ONE! (The more I learn about this car, the more I respect the issues he overcame) And the guys with 3500's now have learned ALOT from this car.

But since that experience there are two people who actually can take credit for this car that tend to get overlooked.

Bill Clark (Mr. Transmission, Milton, Ontario) who builds this friggen 3t40 that will run with anything and WON'T break!

And Rodney Franko (3400beretta) who has done more for this car than I can EVER re-pay! He's just plain brilliant! From the chip(s) to diagnosing problems that arise.

EVERY issue he has nailed and found the fix!

Lil'Jon modified the S&S headers for way less than I would thought would have been fair, and did a great job!

Pat Gourda at Affordable Brake and Exhaust got the damn things on the car after 6 hours of fighting with the 3t40 and managed some semblence of ground clearance.

So yes!! This car has had alot of help and very smart imput, and credit belongs where it's due.

But it WAS all my idea to do a 3500 Beretta three years ago when folks thought I was crazy! From gear ratios to tire size and converter selection, this whole project was thought out on paper before a single part was ordered

And over 1000 or so 14 second runs later, literally thousands of dollars in winnings, and a number of Championships, it's still the bench mark!

I suppose the old guy who drives the damn thing just might have a clue as to what's going on in competition mode after 35 years of racing.. LOL. But the car has to be perfect and perform.

However I just got lucky and found the experts among friends.

Thanx everyone!

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
MY91GT(Z)

Re: The stuff you take for granted, and forget about.

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

maybe i should post this up on bstuff or just send it to nastygeetee i now from meeting youeric that your a great guy eric you are just old man the gets honary at times and most on here wont understand til they get older

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's not worth posting on Bstuff because Nasty will never change. He will continue to think that Beretta's are a waste of time and that the best thing to do is just buy a fast RWD car, rather than build something that can me unique rare and all your own. And he only gives credit where its "due" as he says. But its not worth the wasted effort.

Some things over there will just never change and people will continue to be who they are and think what they think.

That's partly why I left there, He's one to give credit and has mentioned my name since I left, but whenever I posted before he would find some way to insult my car or my efforts in saying I could have bought a Camry and be in the 14's... So there you go, now that I'm not around he gives me credit for building it, but when I was there he was all about ripping it apart.

Oh and its Pink so I must be gay.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Mikey Morris

Post by Mikey Morris »

I wouldn't be worried about what anyone says about someone or their car. Usually is people are that negative they are unhappy about themselves.

But I too am no longer posting there. That board has gone into the toilet:(

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

I gotta say one thing though Jon. There's not a single thread on Bstuff bashing Bnet or it's members. It kind of reflects poorly on this site to leave this thread open in the direction it's headed. Just a thought.

92BerettaProject

Post by 92BerettaProject »

Yeah, sometimes I still forget how unique the Beretta is in California. My Z3 is faster than most Berettas here but there is one just like it in the parking garage at work. The only Z26s or GTZs I've seen in SoCal have been mine!

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

i understand where your comin from jon as to why their is only a select few that i respect on the boards and i know your one of them. it just still amazes me for some reason how people can treat others the way they do when the others have contributed so much knowledge and research to expand our aftermarket/mods that we can do to our lil pcs of shiz that we so much enjoy for some odd reason.

but all in all some of a mature better then others and it just goes to show how some are raised to treat others the same ay you want to be treated

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:I gotta say one thing though Jon. There's not a single thread on Bstuff bashing Bnet or it's members. It kind of reflects poorly on this site to leave this thread open in the direction it's headed. Just a thought.
No there is not one thread about it because you guys are too busy ripping each other apart. Instead if you knew how sour Kurt is over Will taking this site I think you would know the situation. I remember him offering ANYTHING that we could ever want for help even if he didn't get the control of the site... Since its switched over I haven't seen him even log in over here or even ask Will if he needs help.

And now that you mention it I have seen a few threads where there were posts about how Bnet is so dead so that's why people should come to bstuff more...

I will leave this thread alone but if it gets out of hand then I will take care of it. Right now I see nothing wrong with this since most of the people in this thread have seen all of which is being discussed.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

This site always has a more hardcore feel to it. All info and minimal bs.

I like it. Some more action would be good, but its better than 10 pages of BS.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Bstuff is the place to be if you want to bullshit about useless stuff... or piss and moan that your beat up POS doesnt get voted into the calendar.

There arent many active members on this board, but there is wealth of knowledge, that's for sure. And finished, running cars, not just "futer plans" and abandoned projects.

"Little less talk and a lot more action"

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I think this needs to be addressed publicly. I see you keep saying it Jon, but really the only person putting any backing behind it is you. I did want this place and I wanted it damn bad, but I didn't get it and once it wasn't to be gotten that was the end of the story. I did offer help and never did I hear from anybody about needing help. I can't make myself a moderator, at least I don't think I can. edit: On the other side, Mike from bstuff asked me to help try to cure the problem there. Why would I say no?

As far as logging in and posting, I've had a few posts recently - check my profile, normally I lurk, just like I do at a lot of other places. I've made some posts too. I'm just tired of you trying to make this personal, when it really isn't personal at all, like the thread on 660, you took some personal strikes at me man. I'm not trying to bring up the argument again, but the only person that thinks I'm sour that I don't own this place is you, and maybe Will - who I've not heard from on the subject.

Beyond that, its whatever to me. Plenty of other people trade jokes and potshots with me and nobody acts like this about it. I agree I could have acted better, but so could you. This is not a 1 sided affair with 1 party solely to blame.

edit: I guess I've only got 1 post before today that was recent, but I have been stopping and looking at stuff. Hope that's ok. ;)
Last edited by KFLO 93 GT on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

93 GTs
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Either which way you cut it, there just isn't the same amount of traffic in the entire community that there used to be. Having this big rift in the community doesn't help it at all either. Somehow we have devolved back into this same old Bstuff vs. Bnet in terms of who posts where and how they feel - and while it hasn't caused forum wars like it used to - we fought against this battle way back then.

Why can't the two just get along? Many of you act like that place shouldn't even exist when the feeling truly isn't mutual.

93 GTs
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Im all for combining the two. Keep the beretta.net name, bstuff dosent really sounds attractive. Combine the crowd (its small enough as is) and stiffen up and enforce the rules a little more. Theres already enough mods between the 2 to keep the duty cycle down and keep things in control.

I would like to start a GM-FWD site that includes all the cars just like ours, the beretta, corsy, cavy, acheiva, grandam, skylark, etc... There all the same cars in the end.

KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Yeah, I like the GMFWD idea too. I liked it a lot when Chris88cl started it out, I even rocked his stickers for the site on my Z24 until June or July of 09 - a year or more after the site closed and the domain was squatted upon.

It'd be nice to have and try, but it would have to be done right.

93 GTs
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

If only I had more time I would take that project on...

Damn college and work and blown up 3500 swaps :burn: