Addco sway links measurements?

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Money pit Beretta

Addco sway links measurements?

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Does anyone have the measurements from side to side of the Addco sway end links?
I just found out that a Trailblazer tie bar will bolt up to my Eibach rear sway on the Cav. If it's the same, that bar will work for those that have a Addco on their Beretta. I do have the GM part number and can get some pics up with one on a newer Cav.

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Re: Addco sway links measurements?

Post by Luckymc420 »

Like an Addco front sway bar?

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

No idea what you are talking about...

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

He wants to know the width and bends of the Addco rear bar (I'm assuming rear since he mentioned the rear once)

BUT what he fails to realize is our bars don't have end links, they are just bushings.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Yeah, our torsion beam rear is a strange setup.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Money pit Beretta

Ok, I was thinking that the Addco bolted up to the shock mount like the Eibachs do on my Cav. I have a stock bar on the Beretta so I know what it's like.
This what it would look like(the Trailblazer bar is on also and it's not my car).

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Addco's work the same as a stock bar, but just don't go up and in the A-frame... The use the same stock end mounts as the Z51 bar, just the middle ones are different.

Beretta Addco

Mine bolts a bit different on the ends because I have a 96, and the shock mount isnt the same as the older ones, so I just had to drill a couple of holes to mount a bushing. Works perfect and is very similar to the old mount.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

It looks as if I had that sway then I could just put a longer bolt in the back of the rear mount. Then put the tie bar on that. Though my plan on upgrading the springs and sways is on hold. I did have the thought(as said in another topic) of drilling a hole in the spring mount, but was not feeling to good about doing that. From what you have done it would be ok. But if that's how I'd have to mount the sway on my 95 then I'll have to mount the tie bar another way.My aftermarket shock mounts have a bolt to hold the shock on so I was thinking a mount like this could work.
http://www.oconeeoffroad.com/servlet/th ... olt/Detail
With that mount(if it would fit) would help me put the parts that I have for the tie bar to use. Also that wouldn't add any more stress to the sway bolts.
You have been very helpful on this. I now have two possible ways to go. I will say that your set up may act almost like a tie bar. So there may not be as much of a need(more of a want for me) for one.
I may just put the Trailblazer bar on my Cav because I do have the Eibach sways on it and it has coil over shocks.

keep'em flying!