My Spare time... Roundy Round car vids

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

My Spare time... Roundy Round car vids

Post by 3X00-Modified »

So yeah most know I work on a circle track car in my spare time, and some even know that the driver of the car is the father of my ex LOL she didn't last... Shows how strong a car bond is over a bitch... LMAO Either way, this year we got a Go Pro HD video camera and we've been toying around with it during our heat race sessions.

Here are the last most recent heat races we had. We won the first one, and the second one the car was very tight and he just didn't have the car there, also there were a few idiots making things difficult. Note the guy on the right at the end when he decides to turn left right before the start/finish line, needless to say he got penalized 2 positions for that ass hat move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2q-Xi3d3vU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNlnELn4qyg

I'm tempted to borrow this camera for a run in my car one day... I does have a huge suction cup to attach it to the side of the car if you want. That would be sweet.

It also shoots full 1080p video, these were done in 720 due to the size of our memory card, we wern't sure if 1080 would fit. It's quite impressive for its size of it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
KFLO 93 GT

Re: My Spare time... Roundy Round.

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Dude, borrow that camera and bring it to BFest. :D I don't have much else to contribute being on dial up...

;)

93 GTs
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

pretty cool video's

nice quality and the sound is even good.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

KFLO 93 GT wrote:Dude, borrow that camera and bring it to BFest. :D I don't have much else to contribute being on dial up...

;)
I will see what I can do... He doesn't really know how to work the thing so I don't think he'll be missing it for one night that I'm not there... LOL :)
99GaGT3X00 wrote:pretty cool video's

nice quality and the sound is even good.
There are actually two housings to determine how much sound you want... those were shot with the fully water proof housing in use, if you are going less than 100mph they say you can use the non waterproof housing since the wind noise wont kill everything. We figured we would try with that housing for now just to see what it sounded like. We may try the open one later since yes we are over 100mph, BUT its behind a windshield so it shouldn't be that loud wind wise.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Re: My Spare time... Roundy Round car vids

Post by woody90gtz »

I actually looked at that same camera because I'm a little iffy about those suction cup mounts with my expensive camera. Try it out and let me know how you like it.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'll have it with me at Bfest for those who want to know. And trust me that suction cup is friken tough! We havent used that mount on the race car yet because it will probably get bashed off... lol, but on a nice straight car or on a window it will stick really good.

I hope to have a vid from my car at Bfest either from the side of it, or the top... not sure which spot yet.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

I've been tempted to get something like that for the longest time! Thanks for posting the videos, Jon, and I'd love to see this thing at Bfest too =). And wow what a jerk move by that one guy at the finish, lol.