And the Pit goes down

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Money pit Beretta

And the Pit goes down

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Well the heater core just blew. Lucky for me I was about 2min from my house. I happened at 5pm today so there is no way I could do anything about it. It will be towed to a shop because I only have time on the weekends to do work.Don't know why I felt the need to post a new topic about this, just wanted to let friends know.

keep'em flying!
Vampcrist

Re: And the Pit goes down

Post by Vampcrist »

Man that sucks! Atleast you know whats going on though thats a plus. As easy as it is I wouldn't worry about the shop I took out my evap core in less then 4 hours and that was taking my time. Would be a lot cheeper and may be able to clean other things up as well in the process. Just a thought!

Money pit Beretta

Thanks man. Yeah I should have done it myself. Those guys at the shop broke my power window switch on the side(the tab that holds it in) and now I have to look for a new one(sucks because it was in great shape). Also they broke a wire off of the lighter. The shop where my friend from high school works doesn't do heater cores and they were my first choice. My dad was nice enough to take care of all this when I was at work, but he took it to a shop that I said that I would never go to again.
I'll drive it to work on Tuesday and see how things are. It got hot, but never hit the red. I was lucky that I was going down hill on my street and was able to shut it off and roll down to the driveway. Saw the temp drop some when rolling home. Good thing I just put in fresh oil an hour before.

keep'em flying!
Vampcrist

Post by Vampcrist »

Sounds like they never checked the fluid after they dropped a good third of your coolent out. I would defentally double check everything that they had to move around. This is why I try to do all my own work people are sloppy and lazy and most look at our cars as junkers. It sucks when you don't have the time but I understand that I was working nights when my engine went out. I had to spend the dismantle in 4 feet of snow outside of the garage and then put it all back together in a couple days with hardly any sleep. I hope that you don't find they did more damage then they did good!!!

Money pit Beretta

They killed the radio and somehow cut the parking brake handle. All this cost me was 372 bucks so far. It's my own damn fault for wanting my car back on the road sooner than later. Thanks for the support man.

keep'em flying!
Vampcrist

Post by Vampcrist »

Ohh man I don't know about all that I would be on them to replace the main things they broke that's not right at all

Money pit Beretta

Very true and that I should be! The last time they didn't bleed my PS pump(lots of air in the reservoir) and I bet they didn't flush it. It was brand new and started making noise. I took it back, they gave me the run around and I left. Took it home and did the bleeding myself but it was too late. I know that they would give me the run around again if I took it back for all that is wrong now. Screw them! I don't want to see those fools again!

I did test the core to see if it worked and it did. I guess one good thing came from this. The engine runs fine and there seems to be nothing wrong with it. That is good news too.

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

All but the wire on the lighter has been replaced. They took one of my screws that holds the cover under the dash(passenger side). They used it on the core cover. Looks like I'll have to get one at the JY. They also forgot to hook up the defrost vent tubes for the door glass. Here is a photo of my old window switch.
The new one is not as nice, but does work. If anybody needs a working switch or knows someone that needs one send me a PM. All they have to do is use their top cover.

keep'em flying!
Vampcrist

Post by Vampcrist »

Good deal glad you got most of it working may be able to soder that wire too depending on where it is at.

Money pit Beretta

I may do that. I got a pig tail from the JY if I end up having a need one.

keep'em flying!