Post your computer builds

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
diedemus

Re: Post your computer builds

Post by diedemus »

I have to replace the motherboard and I figure I will probably switch to liquid at that point. The rest is dependant on price and how much money I have left really. My system isn't very old though, 3.6ghz phenom 2x4, 16gb ram, 2tb of total storage, video card is an overclocked 9600GSO 1gb.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

A few more pics after cleaning up some wires...

Currently OC'd at 4.4Ghz and hitting it in prime 95 and temps haven't gone over 61* and the cooling system is not on full blast either, I have it on mid level to keep the noise down.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Nice!!! Good job with the cable management. I love a clean computer case.

Love the HAF series cases. Have you run any 3dmark tests yet. I got mine up to the 25,2xx mark. I upgraded to water cooled since the OP and overclocked it a tad more to 4.2GHz. The water is a HUGE improvement over the air cooling and with the all in one units it is a piece of cake to install. I hope to pickup up another hd6850 to run crossfire.

Is that a fan speed controller on the water block for the cpu? I was wondering why it looked so big. Did your case come with the little cubby for the cords?

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah the cooler is all self contained, it has its own temp monitoring and it will automatically ramp up the fans depending on what profile you use. I ran it last night on the high profile doing prime95 to see if the 4.2 clock was stable and it ran fine all night and only hit 56*c max on the cores.

You video card looks to be just a bit better than mine base but with me running SLI I have a bit of an advantage but if you go crossfire you'll kill my score.

Gonna run a 3dmark Vantage score soon but my base 3dMark11 score was 6,889

That cable cubby is actually a 2.5" HD bay lol, but the case also came with a dual holder that fits the 3.5 bays and my board came with a usb 3.0 front pannel that can also carry a 2.5" HD and I only have one SSD so I didnt need that lower cubby and it fit the extra molex cables great so I used it lol. I would have liked a modular supply but oh well.

I'm gonna do both 3dMark vantage and 3dMark 11 over again so I'll post those up soon. I don't have 3dMark 06

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Pat is alive??!!

Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Haha. Yeah. I am still alive. I have been reading the boards just not posting much. Haven't really touched the beretta in a few months either. Both my other cars had issues that needed to be taken care off. One being the heat blowing the fuse. Took me forever to find the problem. Replaced switches and relays and also checked for fraid wires. Turned out to be the connector to the ac compressor was all corroded and causing the fuse to blow.

I run 3dmark 06 because it is a free download. I install it on lots of machines at work to see how they score. I have 3dmark11 code that came with my PSU just never got around to trying it.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I use 11 and vantage, so I get a directx 10 score and directx 11 score... My old 9800GT cards didn't even support directx 11 so being able to run 3dmark 11 is an improvement already... 3dmark 06 is directx 9 scores... I'll run that right now actually.

newest score
3dmark11 7,715
3dmark Vantage 27,975

You can use vantage and 11 for free as well you just cant change any of the settings, all you can do is the base pro type check. I purchased both since they were only like $19

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

3dmark 06 I got 29,135

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

3X00-Modified wrote:
HAF 912 ATX Mid tower case
Corsair H80 CPU water cooling system
Intel i5 2500k 3.3ghz SandyBridge CPU
ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen3 board (will support Ivy Bridge when it's released)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133mhz
Antec 900w High Current Gaming Power Supply
DAMN! That's wassup! Those 2500Ks are GREAT CPUs. Those Motherboards are awesome too. They look great and ASRock really stepped up their game in 2011. On my system I got the 2500K up to 4.5 on air. Since you're running water, you should be able to hit 5.0 with no problem. I just remembered that I never posted my system so I'll update later.

:burn:

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

ASRock Z68 Pro3 (I wish I would've waited until the Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 came out. oh well.)

The socket: 1155 pins of WIN!

and RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

Hard Drive: WD Caviar Black 500GB
You can't do too many beauty shots of a hard drive. :D

PSU: Corsair TX-650 v.2

The Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212+

and of course the Intel i5 2500K

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

EVGA GTX 560Ti Superclocked.

Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Hey wanako have you tried any benchmarks? I always like to see what kind of scores people get.

Build looks good. In the pic with the side open are the hard drives plugged in? I can't tell if the cables come out the front and around the back or if they are just not plugged in. Also does the bottom of the case have a vent or cutout for the PSU fan?

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

Rex 2.0 wrote:Hey wanako have you tried any benchmarks? I always like to see what kind of scores people get.

Build looks good. In the pic with the side open are the hard drives plugged in? I can't tell if the cables come out the front and around the back or if they are just not plugged in. Also does the bottom of the case have a vent or cutout for the PSU fan?
Why yes, yes I have! :D

PCMark 11: 3342
3DMark 11: 5528

my i5 is at 4.5GHz and my 560Ti is at 1000\2000\2200

I'll update wth 3DMark Vantage. I haven't run that with my current OC.

This is the most I've been able to push this build so far.

The hard drives were indeed plugged in at that time but I had them in backwards, like so:

But then shortly after I installed front fans and it didn't fit that way anymore because the SATA cable would hit the blades. Even 90* cables. Unfortunately, that's one of the drawbacks of this case is that it doesn't have a vent for the PSU fan. That's why I've mounted it "upside-down". I plan to fix that later.

I love this build! It's 100x better than my old laptop with the original Core Duo.

:burn:

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

So I ran some benchmarks to see where this was sitting with a rapidly dying motherboard.

3dmark06 - 9900
3dmarkVantage - P3847

The quad core processor is being reported as 3 cores, and I am now down to 1 ram slot, so I'm running at 4gb now. Thank god I should be getting the refund from my student loans in a week or so.