Post your computer builds

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Post your computer builds

Post by 3X00-Modified »

This was a new delta though....

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8565/ ... 1212D.html

I have to re-test it on my new board to see if it operates the same though.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

no idea then, could have just been a defect

i personally haven't had a bad one in 20 years though

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

My old board could be the defect... but it reads the RPM from my xigmatec fan so who knows, I'll try it again on my new board and then return the fan if its still not working.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

I take it back, I got a little over-zealous there. :fool: If you've got that thing at 4.6, stable and at that Vcore, I'd actually be pretty damn happy! :good:
woody90gtz wrote:Nerds. haha

Mine's a box-stock HP dual core 2.Xghz from about 2006. haha Still works great though...even for Photoshop work, etc.
get out. just get out. :burn:

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I just havent tried 4.8 yet, I think I can get it stable on less V-core though... But honestly if this sits like this and runs fine I probably wont push it much further... hell the 3.3Ghz with the 3.7 turbo boost is fast enough for me, and going to 4.6Ghz really doesn't gain me that much. Played my first real game last night, haven't had the time, Tried Homefront... Damn I suck lately... I need to get my N52 setup to work better than the keyboard, but currently the keys are not assigned to work well, I couldn't sprint or crawl because I couldn't find the key.

Where was your processor made and whats your stock multiplier VID? lower the better... Mine I think was 1.26 at x33 and made in Costa Rica I guess which is the preferred location I've read.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

3X00-Modified wrote:I just havent tried 4.8 yet, I think I can get it stable on less V-core though... But honestly if this sits like this and runs fine I probably wont push it much further... hell the 3.3Ghz with the 3.7 turbo boost is fast enough for me, and going to 4.6Ghz really doesn't gain me that much. Played my first real game last night, haven't had the time, Tried Homefront... Damn I suck lately... I need to get my N52 setup to work better than the keyboard, but currently the keys are not assigned to work well, I couldn't sprint or crawl because I couldn't find the key.

Where was your processor made and whats your stock multiplier VID? lower the better... Mine I think was 1.26 at x33 and made in Costa Rica I guess which is the preferred location I've read.
Mine's also Costa Rican, I think.. I didn't check actually before I installed :fool: but yes, Costa Rican chips are the ones to get. Malaysian chips tend to run hot. I wonder why that is? :lol:

Stock it's 1.184V @ x33 on mine. From what I've heard from some people on OCN, that's damn good. They tell me that if were to put it underwater custom setup, it could easily reach 5.0+. I'm not gonna try it though. I'm fine where it is. Well, till my tweaking bug kicks in again and I want to push it even further.

:burn:

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Ive decided that I am going to replace the motherboard with a sub $100 board and hold off on the upgrades till i get more money back from financial aid in march. at that point I am going to switch over to an intel setup most likely, unless the bulldozer chips are performing correctly then.

just for the hell of it I did a 3dmark06 run on this loaner, amd athlon2 x2 2.9ghz, 4gb ram, and my 9600gso card

ended up posting 87xx, so the faulty board definitely wasn't helping

here is a pic of the case at least, the bottle is a 2 liter
Attachments
IMG_20120123_100014.jpg

99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

I5 2550k 4500 at 1.29v got it with the microcenter coupon for $160
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
16gb mushkin 997005
120gb mushkin chronos deluxe SSD
once i swap the drives over i will be swapping my gtx460 over too. in the very bottom slot is (not in picture) a 7950GT to power the 3rd monitor. it's a low power card and doesn't make more heat than it's worth.

watercooling stuff
Danger Den Monsoon "Premium"/ MCP655 Dual Bay Reservoir
Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm Radiator
Black Ice GTX Xtreme 120 Radiator
Monsoon Free Center Compression Fitting - 1/2"ID x 3/4"OD
PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 1/2"ID 3/4"OD
EK Supreme HF full copper
mix of mostly distilled with some anitfreeze. never had a problem with this mixture and have been using it since i started watercooling. the last loop i pulled apart was together untouched for over 2yrs and had no buildup anywhere.

haven't swapped over my drives and 460gtx from my main rig so for the time being i threw the 8800gts 640mb in there.

the 74gb raptor was just being used for a temp download dumping ground till the other drives get swapped over. if anyone has ever used one of these knows how loud they are, with the rubber grommet mounting system for the drives it quiets it down like a normal drive.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Just finished doing some cleaning and installing some hotswap bays. I upgraded to an i7 2700k and 16gb of ram about mid summer and got a closed loop liquid setup on sale at the time.
Attachments
I modified the top panel of the case to allow me to mount fans on the outside portion, I need to build up the rear section some more and then taper the edges and pain this this spring/summer when it is warm.
I modified the top panel of the case to allow me to mount fans on the outside portion, I need to build up the rear section some more and then taper the edges and pain this this spring/summer when it is warm.
IMG_20130130_165952.jpg
IMG_20130130_165714.jpg
IMG_20130130_165701.jpg
IMG_20130130_165644.jpg

Browser

Post by Browser »

Case: Pype serieNF4-939
Mobo: DFI LanParty JR 790GX-M2RS
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition
Mem: A-DATA 2x2GB DDRII Over Clock Extreme Edition DDR2 1066+
Video: Sapphire Radeon HD6870 1GB with possibility to add one more.
PSU: Sapphire PurePSU 625W with CM.
HDD: 74GB Raptor + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda
Monitor: LG L226WTQ-PF

weba

Post by weba »

Anyone here remember when all the computer cases were beige plastic that turned yellow in couple years?

I feel old.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

weba wrote:Anyone here remember when all the computer cases were beige plastic that turned yellow in couple years?

I feel old.
Oh I remember that... I think I still have a few floating around work like that... LOL

As I turn to my left and see the "original" server this company started with... LOL Gateway 2000 G6-200 BISH!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
weba

Post by weba »

I still do have bit of geekery in me, even if i left the scene years ago.

My current rig, built couple years ago, still happy with it:

And yes, the wireless box is at stupid place, but I was too lazy to hide it.

Specs for nolifes:
Case: Lian-Li PC-A04 full aluminium micro-ATX case with dust filters I've added sound insulation
CPU: AMD Phenom2 X4 965
GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
RAM: 6GB
Mobo: Asus crapmax
HDD: Ocz 128GB SSD
HDD: 500GB Seagate (for /temp)
Sound: NuForce uDAC2 (using it for headphone amp)
PSU: 850W silent

And my current desk for the past year+. After i finally decided to get rid of the old desk I had for 15 years. (huh)
I'm going to extend this at next apartment where more room is available.

Also, this picture is staged since I rarely have all laptops at the same desk, they are scattered around the home most times :D

Since these days i have better use for money, I rarely get any upgrades, but recently I've been swapping out the HDD's for SSD's. Only one left :beer:
Last edited by weba on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Funny, I thought I had posted the newer build in here. Oh well.

i5 2400 (yes I know its not a 2500). 16GB, 4x500GB & 1x2TB, Blu-Ray burner, 3x500GB Ext. 2x140mm $ 2x120mm red fans, 1x120 high performance rear fan (with speed control). Fractal Design Micro ATX (nothing micro about it honestly) with the silent padding, etc. Has sound absorbing material. Makes it quite quiet. Oh and an nVidia 550TI. Works well enough anyway, coupled to the 600W PSU. Case is entirely black with the white accents. I panted the I/O shields for everything white to match.

:D

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

All those fancy fans and a stock CPU cooler... WTF... LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"