Post your computer builds

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Wanako

Re: Post your computer builds

Post by Wanako »

diedemus wrote:So I ran some benchmarks to see where this was sitting with a rapidly dying motherboard.

3dmark06 - 9900
3dmarkVantage - P3847

The quad core processor is being reported as 3 cores, and I am now down to 1 ram slot, so I'm running at 4gb now. Thank god I should be getting the refund from my student loans in a week or so.
wait... wat? that must be one hell of a dying mobo! Those score are VERY low.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

My old 780i FTW board with my dual core processor was at least giving me a 9k 3dmark vantage score with my dual 9800gt's

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

You don't want to know what mine were... LMAO That and its been so long, I doubt I could tell you anyway.

Oh here you go, couple of links to stats on both my current box and the quad core I had for a few months:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=769019 (P4)

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=937528 (Q8400)

lol

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

finally ran 3DMark Vantage: 21670.

Overall, I think my system is not that bad for a single card operation.

:burn:

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I should run mine in single card just to see the difference between the 560's and 460's. I'm only at 4.2 OC right now too.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Updated results after changing my HD config and a few other things

3dMark 11: 7800
3dMark Vantage: 29250
3dMark 06: 30871

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Ran 3dmark 11 and 3dmark vantage. They both seem kind of low. Neither one are reading my correct gpu clock speed though.

3dmark11 : P4016
3dmark vantage :17404

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

That's not that low, my old system was 9k on Vantage and wouldn't even support 3dMark 11... lol

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

3X00-Modified wrote:I should run mine in single card just to see the difference between the 560's and 460's. I'm only at 4.2 OC right now too.
Like I said dude, with that liquid cooling, you could probably take it minimum 4.8!

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm at 4.6 now... I did a quick 4.8 test and it didn't post, but I was using ASRock's quick OC settings so I have a feeling I may need more vcore and the "auto" setting just wont cut it, but I don't want to be hitting it with 1.45core 24/7 since it's just not necessary and will wear the chip out, 1.36 core is enough for me. The liquid cooling is good but not the best system out there. I need to get better fans for it because its friken loud and doesn't push that much air. I do like my 30* idle temps though... lol

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

wat? i don't even...

Quick OC?

WEAKSAUCE! :runsies:

but yeah, Mine is at 4.5 @ 1.344V at maximum load (SMP Fold@Home). I set my BIOS voltage to offset mode @ +0.090V. That got me the most stable. That's the max that my chip will go though so far.

As far as fans, what you need, my friend, are some Yate Loons. 8) Legendary. Buy them here. Anywhere else are fakes.

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

those fans are terrible, buy deltas or panaflows

like this one, if you want to move some air........ and not hear anything

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12223 ... 6c435s1109

I bought some scythe kaze's on a recommendation..... one died after 3 months the other vibrates like crazy, at least they were just case fans though...... 230cfm case fans

I have some deltas that are 10+ years old and don't even squeek yet, pretty much any industrial equipment you take apart will have a delta or a panaflow fan in it if its cooled

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Wanako wrote:wat? i don't even...

Quick OC?

WEAKSAUCE! :runsies:

but yeah, Mine is at 4.5 @ 1.344V at maximum load (SMP Fold@Home). I set my BIOS voltage to offset mode @ +0.090V. That got me the most stable. That's the max that my chip will go though so far.

As far as fans, what you need, my friend, are some Yate Loons. 8) Legendary. Buy them here. Anywhere else are fakes.
What do you mean Weaksauce?

ASRock has a utility in the bios that you can just pick the OC value you want and it makes the changes. I'm stable at 4.6 with a 1.36 core voltage I'm using the auto settings right now since I'm still not that familiar with the i5 OC rules and such and I haven't had much time to mess with it.

I highly doubt a 5500 RPM fan moves that much air and doesn't make a noise... thats gotta sound like a jet engine. I'm looking at a set of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835553002
A few forums listed them as the best replacement to the Corsair stock H80 fans. I'm also thinking of putting two 200mm fans in my case, one on the front for air in and one on the top for air out, and also reverse the water cooler so its taking air in like they say it should be doing.

Also for that Delta a 38mm thick thats just crazy. I have one Delta that I do not know if it works right, It would not work on my PWM output on my 780i board, it would ramp up and then shut down, if I pulled the PWM in put it would ramp up and stay full power but wasn't registering any RPM in the bios, so I don't know whats up with that.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Nerds. haha

Mine's a box-stock HP dual core 2.Xghz from about 2006. haha Still works great though...even for Photoshop work, etc.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

by not hear anything I meant that it would make you go deaf lol, my case is 2mm aluminum with sound deadening panels on the sides though.

most older deltas didn't have sensors, the 3rd wire was usually a temp sensor in those cases. they also didn't have a voltage range so you couldn't reliably step them down, the pwm was probably dropping the voltage too low if it was kicking it off.