New Member, heres why:

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
rotten94j

New Member, heres why:

Post by rotten94j »

i was referred to this site by a link to his mighty modness 3x00-modified's big brake swap that was posted on v6z24.... since that day i have browsed the board extensively as a guest, but it didnt feel right to sign up like i wanted to (because i dont own a beretta) until now. Its given me a whole wealth of information, and archived and stickied topics are that way for a reason, unlike some other boards...

anyways, the reason why it seems alright now is because of what i ran across the other day, on a tour of the automotive building of the school which ill be starting at this fall. it was an Indy Beretta. now im sure it could be a replica, but from what ive gathered on this board (and feel free to correct me if im wrong), not one of the replicas were convertibles.

the beretta is parked in the front hallway of the automotive building, along with 2 vipers, a prowler, an acura rally car, an old fire engine, and a one-off prototype of a 6x6 dodge ram. whats really depressing is all the cars are donated, and as a condition of the donation the school HAS TO crush the cars if they ever need to be gotten rid of :cry: ...the two trucks i didnt get pics of i ran out of time but i will be sure to put them up.
my point is even tho the beretta is less powerful, less expensive bla bla bla etc etc, it caught my attention more than any of the others. i think this has to do with the fact that i own a 94 base cavalier sedan (which will one day have a 3400 crammed down its throat :evil: ), and as a result know alot more about gm fwd cars than any other make/drivetrain setup, and we like what we know about right? One of the cars on the list of those which i have to hav in my life is a beretta; my dad had 2 of em through my childhood, and a beretta was the first car i ever drove (he doesnt know of course, he would send me out to start it while he got ready for work and i would take it around the block :lol: ).

other plans for my car also include some beretta parts upgrades, including a rear axle assy (with disc brakes of course), so i hope yall dont mind a few possibly noobish questions over the next few years :crazy: lookin to forward to joinin the l-body community.

Attachments
it was way over on the end, behind a pillar....when it caught my eye i was like 'NO. EFFIN. WAY."
it was way over on the end, behind a pillar....when it caught my eye i was like 'NO. EFFIN. WAY."
the door handles on both vipers are shaved....
the door handles on both vipers are shaved....
i guess they think somebodys more likely to vandalize these than the others idk...
i guess they think somebodys more likely to vandalize these than the others idk...
i know next to nothing about these cars, but the gearhead in me couldnt not snap a few
i know next to nothing about these cars, but the gearhead in me couldnt not snap a few
my brother in laws an idiot
my brother in laws an idiot

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Re: New Member, heres why:

Post by heavywoody »

Welcome; that school is in Dayton, right? Or around there?

I remember that car from the BFest 05 Tour of that place; I have pictures of it around someplace.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Yep, that is definitely a convertible beretta. And yeah it sucks about the crushing. Lets hope they never decide to have that done to that beautiful car. Hell there are many of us that would pay a LOT to save one, I can promise ya that.

Have to keep us tabbed in on that one. If you ever get the chance, get us a shot of the VIN.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

So is there a loop hole? Lets say you become a teacher and take the car home and bring it back from time to time. A long shot, but this car must be saved somehow in someway. Would Bnet be able to buy the car for something to learn from?

keep'em flying!
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

I would pay thousands and thousands of dollars for the chance to own that car.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Just realized that the door stickers aren't installed. Probably never were?

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Is it a diffrent color yellow? Looks kinda dull. Thats sweet though. How many of these were made? You really need to get a TON more photos of it, and put em' on here. I wanna see the diffrence between that and the one that I've seen so much of from Bfest, if there are any.

1994 AQUA ZED
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Pop the hood... is it only 3.1L's of madness?

If so its one of the replica's made. I doubt its one of the original cars since as noted the door stickers aren't installed. There were also a good handfull of vert's made in red and teal that got sent out to schools for "research" projects since they were not safe to drive so I'm sure there were some yellow ones as well.

Welcome BTW.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
rotten94j

Post by rotten94j »

according to some friends whove been thru the program, those cars are never touched. NEVER. none of them has been moved since they were parked there. this school is sinclair community college, yes its in downtown dayton. i hav a feeling my teachers are gonna get really tired of me asking about the car, but im with u guys: if i had the money now, no matter how much, i would buy that car. ill be sure to grab some pics of the vin (never even thought to look if it was still there) and the interior, but it may be awhile before i can even think of gettin someone to pop the hood. ill be there for at least two years, and all of that time will be spent finding out how to save the car(s) if possible. ill definitely keep updates comin. in the meantime, is there anything i should look for that definitively pegs the car as NOT an original? is there something i can look at with my semi-trained eye and automatically know that its not a true indy?

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

It is the same car as the one from BFest, except I believe the engine is a normal 3.1 instead of the special pace car engine.

Geoff
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

heavywoody wrote:It is the same car as the one from BFest, except I believe the engine is a normal 3.1 instead of the special pace car engine.
That would make it the same only different?

I doubt the brakes are the same and all of that. I'm pretty sure that is a generic would have been production version. Where as the 3 pace cars had the hot engine and brakes and the 4t60 transmissions.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

They had something different, even the wheel stance was wider.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

I meant the convertible portion of the car... but whatever. TomAtoes tomatoes.

Geoff
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

DTMAce wrote:They had something different, even the wheel stance was wider.
Front was due to the brake change... similar to what I have going on and why my tires are flush with the fenders up front. And who knows the rims could have had a custom offset on them.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
rettagurl

Post by rettagurl »

Totally want pictures of the Ram!!

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins turbo Diesel
1996 Beretta Base 3100