597 22.LRHB 100 yd Results

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
MAD MARK

597 22.LRHB 100 yd Results

Post by MAD MARK »

I pretty much could get a 1/2" grouping at 50 yards using the same ammo, so using CCI mini-mags 40 gram 1235 fps at 100 yards here are my results. 8 rounds shot. Front bipod with rear shoulder X grab.

1-3 are the left pyramid. I then adjusted for 100 yard shooting.
4 is to the top of 1-3 pyramid. Breathing issue.
5-6 are the bulls and the bottom to the bulls.
7 is a flyer not even registering haha. Not sure what happened.
8 is top of bulls eye.

9th round didnt go off due to a 8th round ejection issue. I only load my 10 round mags with 9 rounds. I have the Dicks HB special with I think Remington/Tasco scope 3-9x. Only mod is the VQ hammer. This is with a 1-3 mph SSE wind.

90 Yards is what I will be shooting the crows/groundhogs at so I think I should be alright. Below is the target shot and the gun doing the damage. The laser sight is for night shooting coons set to 25 yards. Im thinking of taking it off, some people think its tacky. But right now where that laser is it shoots 25 yards dead on.

Comments, questions, thoughts??

Money pit Beretta

Re: 597 22.LRHB 100 yd Results

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Take the laser off. If you are looking for reach anything on the barrel will screw that up. Even a heavy barrel has the wave movement. It's just smaller.
Really I'm out on shooting any animals now. Not much on crows,but still. There is something out there that is far worse and will not stop overpopulating. Ya just get into trouble if you shoot them.

keep'em flying!
scannerman

Post by scannerman »

i bet you could shoot cack from 1000 yards

2009 Cobalt SS LNF
1995 Z26 3100 auto <--- Totalled
1989 base 2.8 auto <-- Sold
MAD MARK

Post by MAD MARK »

By the way this is a 3" target at 100 yards.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Dude I'd bet I can't do the same. Boy I thought that target was bigger. Really, pull that laser off. Mounting anything to the barrel is not a good thing. All barrels do this ~~~~(all points connected, like a sine wave). If you have the mount in the middle you could be ok. The problem is finding where that point is. Where you have it now? There is only one way to tell and that would cost too much.
There is another thing: the stock must not touch the barrel. Then there is ammo, look around for something better than CCI or Rem. Not to be a dick, but I have never had a flyer on a 22LR. Not that bad.
A misfire? That is because it's a mass produced ammo. You cleared the shell and everything should be normal after that. Yes I know that it is like a small bore rimfire will sometimes not get enough energy for the firing pin to hit the way it should. I found that it is just the ammo used.

I'm not a marksman and I'm far from a good shot, but I have put a few rounds down range.

keep'em flying!
MAD MARK

Post by MAD MARK »

Yes there are a lot of options better than CCI. But that is something I can get at Walmart for relatively cheap. This is for plinking birds and hawgs. I dont want to spend $10/50 rounds.

I had a flyer maybe cause of breathing issue again, jerk, or flinch. I can shoot 10 rounds at 50 yards all within 3/4". Was not ammo or gun fault.

I know about the laser being on the barrel but there was no other place at the time I mounted it. And as far as I am concerned it seems to be doing little to no harm.

And also, I free floated the barrel.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Not bad. I do a lot of sharp shooting with my .22 CZ rifle. Only problem I have, is the scope limits me a bit. And I still have to change the trigger. But I do fairly well with it... lol

Will have to get some results posted up someday later. :D

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Godlike

Post by Godlike »

Thats quite a raging banana clip you have there Mark.

For some reason my Ruger MkIII pistol couldn't handle CCI rounds. (jammed often)
I ended up going with Winchester 36GR. LR Xpert22Hp s and have had very good luck.
It was something like $9 for 500 rounds but that was over 5 years ago.