Weird yellow indy

All craigslist, eBay, etc sale threads go here if you ARE NOT the seller
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Weird yellow indy

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Burning_Beard wrote:It's the graphics that made me wonder what the hell it was. I would have thout it as a homemade job until I found the second picture of a somewhat nicer "indy" with the same decals. I wonder if it was offered somewhere from a now defunct supplier.

I thought it was some weird prototype graphic or something. It looks like an older style like other older pace cars. It probably is the same car. The decals are positioned in the exact same places on both doors. I didn't even notice the z04 kit to be honest.

I like what they did with the taillights, it looks like the correct font as well.

Guaranteed it is the same car on craigs list as the photos you found... I doubt anyone would have made two with decals like that, and just look at the photo, its clearly a scanned old photo... It's not a digital image so it's clearly something taken before it end up in the state it's in now.

Also there was no "rare" indy produced by a dealer... this is simply someones very POOR attempt at re-creating the Indy decals since they had the car patinted after installing a Z04 kit. When you find things like this I would say, don't try to think about it too much... if it seems odd of fishy or a bad attempt at copying something that's probably what it was and it wasn't some special prototype, no need to think too much about it.

And after dealing with the real Indy decals the font is WAY wrong they just used whatever they could find that resembled it since the Indy logo isn't a font... it was simply a image that says Indy.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
80zfreak

Post by 80zfreak »

The car in the picture looks pretty nice except for the decals which are awful. The car in the CL ad looks pretty clapped out. If they are the same car it sure was neglected after that picture was taken.

Nicjensen

Post by Nicjensen »

That is the same car! It was a true Indy 5 speed, digital dash, and sunroof. I bought it from a dealership which had recovered it from being stolen and stripped down. Seats, ground effects, mirrors were stolen. I bought it and fixed it up with a parts gtz I had. I know the graphics were horrible but it's the best a local shop could do. I completely stripped the paint and had it painted viper yellow. Had 250,000 miles and replaced the engine. Had around 280,000 when I sold it in the early 2000's I think. I custom made the rear tail lights and made the digital cluster red and relocated the dash controls to the console which I thought was handy. I sure wish I would have kept it. It definitely got trashed [emoji853]

1995 Beretta Z26
1996 Beretta Z26 ( convertible project)

speedy

Post by speedy »

It dont. The story behind this car is ot was stolen when it was new, seats and kit were stripped off as well as some other things, a guy purchased it, and a z04 kit was easier to find, he got that and seats, put it together and painted it, thus what you see, yes, it is a yellow indy according to the story. Probably got it cheap through a insurance auction

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
Nicjensen

Post by Nicjensen »

I'm saying I am the guy that bought it and fixed it to the condition you see in that original picture. Here are my before and after pictures! ImageImageImageImageImage

1995 Beretta Z26

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Love yellow z04 looks pretty sweet

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
Nicjensen

Post by Nicjensen »

Thanks, I really liked it. Really wish I would have kept it, after seeing it get beat up!

1995 Beretta Z26

Nicjensen

Post by Nicjensen »

Update, I found this (my) old Indy for sale and bought it back. Needs a lot of work but excited to have it back.
20200512_160758.jpg
20200511_190931.jpg
20200511_190050.jpg

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Fantastic! I love a good 'coming back home' story. Looks like the car still has a lot left for you too. Paint looks better than my Yellow Indy's... :cry:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26