White 89 GTU - Salt lake City, UT

All craigslist, eBay, etc sale threads go here if you ARE NOT the seller
ronaconda

Re: White 89 GTU - Salt lake City, UT

Post by ronaconda »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:No, Utah is NOT rust free. Don't know where you heard that but it's wrong. They use a ton of salt up there on the roads. I lucked out on my Quasar I bought in SLC, and it has virtually no rust on it , I think mainly, because it was not winter driven.
They do indeed use a ton of salt and now brine spray from the Great Salt Lake. And you indeed got lucky Mike. I'm surprised that mine doesn't have more rust on it since it had been daily driven through Utah winters and even sat in a back yard for some time.

spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

i think your climate helps keep the rust down to a minimum because that looks amazing for having 200k on it. i deal with rusty cars and trucks all day and that thing is nice. when i was out there a couple years back i noticed how less rusty the old cars are similar to the cars down south that never see snow. and dont get me started about cars in vegas. that to me i guess is considered rust free.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

No, rust free cars (TRUE rust free cars) come out of Arizona,New Mexico and the Northern Texas area. Remember, salt air rusts cars too so Southern Texas and Cali have a lot of rusted cars. Some of the most rusted and rotted cars I've EVER seen were on South Carolina's coastal border when I lived there. I was SHOCKED at how bad they were!

As far as my '92 Quasar Quad, it's only rust was on the exhaust pretty much. Everywhere else (Cowl, floor boards, rockers, etc) are perfect!