"Custom widebody BERETTA" .. $5,000 :-p

All craigslist, eBay, etc sale threads go here if you ARE NOT the seller
tvc3-gtz

"Custom widebody BERETTA" .. $5,000 :-p

Post by tvc3-gtz »

Burning_Beard

Re: "Custom widebody BERETTA" .. $5,000 :-p

Post by Burning_Beard »

Say what you will about chrome and dubs and whatnot, but that paint is fucking incredible. I saw a 95+ Riv done with that paint, it was purple and green and blue, all at the same time.

1989 Beretta GTU 2.8 w/77k, auto.
Koots

Post by Koots »

The color shifting paint is pretty slick, but definitely not my personal color choice.

Kris GTwhat?

Post by Kris GTwhat? »

Full leather interior from a 96 gtz? Hmmm...

1991 GTZ: RIP
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's not really a "widebody"...

People in Mass do interesting things to cars... LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

It's PPG Harlequin paint it's beatiful paint on anything yes even a Yugo, it's under PPG vibrance line and that's a very expensive lines of paint you know the cool hotwheels colors, pearls, glow in the dark, color shifting paints ya that's the line, your not gonna believe the $45/oz. Price ya I said $45/oz. It comes in quart bottles, that's not counting the primers, the basecoat color you want to spray, the dbc500 midcoat which is called color blender, the you have the clearcoat, basically when done coat $5,000 with materials and labor

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I had my car painted and I have about 4k in Raspberry Metallic paint done... And that was with a heavy discount since my cousin did it. He said it was about 8k worth of work/paint. Makes me wonder what kind of work is only 5k if this paint is that expensive.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
weba

Post by weba »

Most likely the paint was done several years ago

Koots

Post by Koots »

3X00-Modified wrote:I had my car painted and I have about 4k in Raspberry Metallic paint done... And that was with a heavy discount since my cousin did it. He said it was about 8k worth of work/paint. Makes me wonder what kind of work is only 5k if this paint is that expensive.
I believe he said, the paint alone is worth 5k (which is the asking price).

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Koots wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:I had my car painted and I have about 4k in Raspberry Metallic paint done... And that was with a heavy discount since my cousin did it. He said it was about 8k worth of work/paint. Makes me wonder what kind of work is only 5k if this paint is that expensive.
And Jon is saying that his car would have been 8 grand without the buddy hook up so he is wondering how this super duper awesome color shifting paint was only 5 G's.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

Mainly all it is is getting the body straight and rust free with my speed blaster by blue point and shotting primer block sanding it, and painting it. Where people always think that it's this damn near 10k paintjob is when you go to a regular body shop they will charge you an arm and a leg to do bodywork when it's the same work they would be doing normally on their everyday paintjob cause they aren't gonna take the time to do it right the first time because most are getting paid flat rare and the faster they get it done the more money they make so really bodyshops are Fu***** people over because it's all about speed to them and it pisses me off cause us smaller bodywork guys that do work for themselves look bad cause it's a cheaper price and everybody thinks the work will be shitty, when really it will be 100 times better than the dealership, sure it might not be baked but everyone thinks a painjob should be baked this isn't true, all that does is speed bodyshop production there is nothing wrong with air dry just takes about a week for the paint to fully harden up to where you can't gouge it with your fingernail, it's dry to touch usually after it's sprayed within 4 hours air dry but I don't touch it til next day cause it's just better too wait, sorry for the run on paragraph but i'm sure you can stop in the middle to breathe

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
Koots

Post by Koots »

Styluss wrote:
Koots wrote:
And Jon is saying that his car would have been 8 grand without the buddy hook up so he is wondering how this super duper awesome color shifting paint was only 5 G's.
Obviously it was all in purchasing supplies and none in actual labor LOL %)

I just wanted to state that he didn't say the price on the paint was $5000, concrete. He was simply stating that the paint is worth the asking price alone, for the car...maybe more.

It's all technicalities though, I know the dude is wrong or stupid and I know that Jon paid $8000 (after discount) and got a quality paint job for it, much better than the guy in this ad says his is.
Last edited by Koots on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

That thing is actually pretty sweet, I absolutely HATE the fake cowl induction on the hood though, looks terrible.

Helluva deal for 5k though, wish it was close and I had some spare money.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

My original paint was stripped down to bare metal with razor blades though... that could have something to do with my 8k price tag worth of work... LOL... No chemicals to keep the door jambs intact.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

probably one of the cleanest for sale cars in a while. i'm not a fan of chameleon paint jobs, but looks neat, and i kind of have a thing for that kit. not chrome though... not my fav

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks