1%
Stock or OEM
36%
Other(Please Specify Below)
23%

Total votes: 340

What kind of muffler do you have?

Post by Guest »

actually, i had to wire the entire exhaust from the cat on back, and i had to reconnect everything as well.  i bought the car at an auction, i heard it run and looked through it first but i didn't get to drive it until after i bought it.  on the way home, i heard a dragging noise from the bottom of the car, it was the exhaust because the previous owner had DUCT TAPED it to the bottom of the car in order to sell it.  i had to pull over and hang it on speaker wire until i got home.

KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

2.25" mandrel bent pipe from the manifolds down to a Catco High Flow Converter, then more 2.25" mandrel bent pipe back to a stainless steel 3A Racing Muffler.  It is a one piece with a 3.5" tip.  It has a really nice throaty growl, runs great too.

93 GTs

Post by Guest »

I have a Ractive MT-610 4.5" termination muffler/tip.  It is the best investment for sound you could make for $120 bucks.  Take a look in the For Sale forum and you can see what it looks like and buy one.

Post by Guest »

Well I just change my exhaust.  I got a 80 series Flowmaster muffler (Camaro/Firbird style) w/dual 3in. tips.  I had to cut a nitch in the body kit on the right side to fit the tips, but it looks ill & sounds like a mini-muscle car!    Can't wait to get some pics up, but I need a new battery for my digital cam...

Post by Guest »

Magnaflow, not sure what kind, it was the only cat-back system they made for 'retta.

Post by Guest »

I have a 90 GT ijust put on a magnaflow part#11255 with a custom bent 2.25 stainless pipe with a 3.5 tip.I notice ahuge difference in the performance already.Sounds throaty enough but not to annoying 397367km and still going on the original motor!   Jeff
           Ontario,Canada

Post by Guest »

Quote (zach82 @ April 10 2002,5:19)Straight pipes rule!
I tried argueing with tweekster, but he won out, straight pipe from the cat- back...........

I'm surprised the cops haven't pulled us over yet, but I guess it helps when you know a few of them......(I.E. Family members)

tweekster64

Post by tweekster64 »

Quote (ladytweek76 @ Aug. 29 2002,12:36)I tried argueing with tweekster
HEE-HEE, I love my straight pipe, and when we get the POS Beretta running again.....( then it won't be a POS !! ).....It'll be all good!!

( She doesn't try hard enough at argueing with me!! )

1991 Ford F150 Lariat XLT ext cab-short box
1990 Lincoln Town Car
   I'll have another Beretta someday

Post by Guest »

I just went to pep boys and bought a polished T-304 stainless steel 3A-racing muffler.  I couldnt beat the price at $99.  it sounds great; its got a deep beefy rumble to it. its loud, but not to the point where youll get pulled over, and trust me i dont need any more of that happening.  I had it welded on for $50 (they threw in a 2 1/4" pipe from the cat back) at a local muffler shop, and guess what, there was kid working there who had a Yellow indy and was selling it for 3500. i would have bought it had i had the $$$.

Post by Guest »

I've stole Geoff's idea ! ... before winter i'll be running the BORLA BULLET with dual tips

W00t  go BORLA!

Post by Guest »

Flowmaster 80 Series Crossflow

Post by Guest »

Hooker Headers Maximum Flow on the GTZ w/dual Borla Intercooled tips.

Magnaflow 3" in/out on the Conquest

In Hindsight, if I ever have to replace the muffler on the GTZ, I'll buy another Magnaflow.

Ribz80

Post by Ribz80 »

2.5" from the manifold to the 2.5" catco cat, 2.25" dynomax intermediate pip, 2.25" Borla Turbo, 2.5" Borla angle cut Y 1 into 2 tips

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006

Post by Guest »

2.5" Hi/Flo Cat back with a MagnaFlow performance split into Y.

Unfortunately no exhaust manifold

CKr

Post by CKr »

Updated my vote for the Dynomax Bullet.  Nice and Loud!

Cory
------
96 BRM Z26, 98 Estoril Blue BMW M3