good muffler brands

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made
gainman

good muffler brands

Post by gainman »

Hi everyone, dont mean to sound like a newb, but my exhaust is shot and need some suggestion on what to replace it with. i just dont know anything about 4 cyl.

a local exhaust shop is going to custom bend me all the pipes.  theyve done work for me before (49 dodge pickup), and are very reputable.

i have a 92 berreta gtz with the quad 4 and 5 speed

i dont plan on doing much engine work, maybe an intake, so ill probably run the stock 2"

id like a nice low rumble, i hate poop muffler sound, so id like to avoid that.  i like gt racecar sound, but i know they have awesome engines and i cant prolly match that

i need the cat and the muffler

rweatherford

good muffler brands

Post by rweatherford »

I always liked the borla or walker Ultraflow stainless series.  But they might be a little loud for your taste.  They are pricey, but you will not have one rust out.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

ecs

good muffler brands

Post by ecs »

I like the magnaflow mufflers. Straight-thru design, stainless steel construction and a kick-*** tone. Like the guy above me said, performance mufflers might be a bit loud for your taste so try to find sound clips or local people with that brand of muffler and see what it sounds like. Although that's not what it will sound like on your car, at least you will get an idea of how loud it would be.

gainman

good muffler brands

Post by gainman »

i dont mind loud, as long as it isnt "fart can" sound.  actually i like loud.  by low rumble i meant deep

zach82

good muffler brands

Post by zach82 »

I'm a fan of the Thrush MiniTurbos and the Hooker MaxFlow mufflers.  Actually, I'm not really a fan of mufflers period, but those are about the best I've found for tone.  It's really just a matter or personal opinion, one man's noise is another's music.  

1994 Purple Pearl Base (RWD conversion project)
1973/77 Ford 3/4 ton 4X4 long bed
1987 Suzuki Samurai / heavily modded
My site  http://www.zcm82.net
Cliff8928
Administrator

good muffler brands

Post by Cliff8928 »

I've had a good experience on a couple cars with the Moroso Spiral Flow muffler.  It's nice and compact and makes it sound a bit less rash.

Cliff Scott
NickSommerfeld

good muffler brands

Post by NickSommerfeld »

Hey what's wrong with fart cans?    I have one on mine and it actually sounds better than any other one that I've heard. All the imports with that awful raspy sound give fart cans a bad name!

Nick Sommerfeld