Loud exhaust

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made
docrodg

Loud exhaust

Post by docrodg »

Sorry to ruin the rant, but as a part time licensed fire-fighter and paramedic I have to say that if it is too loud you can't hear the emergency vehicles then the exhaust/radio/whatever should be turned down or modified.  Sometimes seconds count, and that loudness is just causing a problem.  

I know, I rained on the parade, but this can be critical and lives can be at stake.  Same with street drags, seen too many crashes caused by some kid in a hopped up car.  Take it to the dragstrip or don't do it.

If you wnat to know how to keep good flow and keep it quiet try a set of cadillace v-8 mufflers (reverse flow).  They have less restriction than a glasspack and really tone down the noise.  Turns the car into a "sleeper"... no one can tell you have it souped up till you herf on the gas and disappear.
Tested them on a flowbench and they were much better than the "performance" mufflers.

badbluballinGTX

Loud exhaust

Post by badbluballinGTX »

Well it just depends on your area, the police officer at the time, and your car. In Virginia they are very strict on cars as far as any modification goes. For the exhuast, the thing i've noticed all over the country, if you have an f-body, mustang, or full size truck, it is more accepted to have loud exhaust but our compact cars get more attention as part of the fast n furious ricer club, so it's not always the so called violation, it is more what car it is on.

1994 Z26