exhaust system help?

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made
gustafsyn

exhaust system help?

Post by gustafsyn »

okay.. i know jack about exhaust systems.. save the main parts [headers/manifold, cat, muffler, tailpipe]. at the moment im running a stock exhaust system.. i need to upgrade [exhaust leak], i was thinking about running fake duals, or a glasspack, or both [info? how would i go about running duals out of a glasspack?]. i need some help/info.. size, horsepower gains, torque, etc.. whatre your recommendations? im on like a $400 budget..

THANKS!

Money pit Beretta

Re: exhaust system help?

Post by Money pit Beretta »

It's better to have one tube that is larger than stock. Don't forget about the down pipe. The headers cost more than what you have to spend.

keep'em flying!
gustafsyn

Post by gustafsyn »

yeah.. headers.. expensive..
i know its better to have one pipe, but i found a cherrybomb that had dual outlets.. the pipes are slightly larger, though. because i need functionality, but i want aesthetic appeal, as well. besides.. anythings better than stock, right?
what about the down pipes?

beroutofjtown

Post by beroutofjtown »

sounds to me like your just going to do from the muffler back. if i am right then just cut your old muffler off, get your new muffler on. then on the outlet end put a y pipe on. then put a 90 degree angle pipe on left side. then run from were your 90 is a 2-4 foot long straight pipe. then another 90. then your tip and for the other side a straight pipe and tip. of-corce your going to have to get some hangers n mount them but it u want fake duels then that's the quickest way i can think of.

3 speed auto to a 5 speed manual
Body kit going on soon
1993 Beretta GT