need feedback from fellow 4cyl.

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

need feedback from fellow 4cyl.

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

so this summer i'm removing the monster straight pipe and runnin 2.5'' pipe stock manifold, stock down pipe, no cat, 2.5'' pipe to a muffler then out the side where it was before but with a tip. that being said. i need to know with the 2.2l, what muffler or mufflers would get me the best ''growly'' sound. all round deepish tone not too harsh on the ears. remember i was runnin 3 and 5'' straight pipe so i know what super loud is lol. and i dont want rice. thanks guys.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
2.2H8TA

Re: need feedback from fellow 4cyl.

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I've always ran a stock exaust on my 2.2, so I wouldn't know. Sounds like a sweet setup tho man.

1994 AQUA ZED
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

i'm pretty sure i'm gonna go with the dynomax vt. i've alot of great things about it. should wind up turning out pretty good. cant wait.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Last time i went with a dynomax it sounded like crap. I love the sound of my magnaflow! 22" casing, full 2.5" exhaust. Of course, quads a lil diff than 2.2s, but a 4cyl nonetheless.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

90GTZHO wrote:Last time i went with a dynomax it sounded like crap. I love the sound of my magnaflow! 22" casing, full 2.5" exhaust. Of course, quads a lil diff than 2.2s, but a 4cyl nonetheless.
which magnaflow? and are you runnin a cat or resonator? see i'm gonna keep straight pipe with the exception of the muffler and tip. all 2.5. im not runnin a cat because the county i live in does not do emissions, just plain old inspection. so i can get away with no cat. and im looking for something with no drone while cruisin'.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
Kris GTwhat?

Post by Kris GTwhat? »

magnaflow will have the best sound. im running a flowmaster on my quad and im always getting complimented on the sound. of course it will sound different than mine, but you get the idea.

no performance gain by the flowmaster, they're just for sound. magnaflow is a better performer

1991 GTZ: RIP
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

Kris GTwhat? wrote:magnaflow will have the best sound. im running a flowmaster on my quad and im always getting complimented on the sound. of course it will sound different than mine, but you get the idea.

no performance gain by the flowmaster, they're just for sound. magnaflow is a better performer
ok then here comes the next question.... Chambered? turbo? or glasspack? haha no rice.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
Kris GTwhat?

Post by Kris GTwhat? »

it will still sound like a 4 cylinder no matter what you put on it..

sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

oh i know that. i just really do not want a ricey sound. lol

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
Kris GTwhat?

Post by Kris GTwhat? »

borla sounds awesome. go with magnaflow. you wont be dissappointed. just get a regular muffler with a straight through core.

sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

thanks guys for helpin me out once again. cheers :beer:

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Yup agreed, straight thru core, get atleast a 22" inch body muffler to help with the sound. To let you know, it will sound like ass with just the muffler and no cat.

Where im at there is no requirement for cats either, but i HAD to put on back on cause it really helps with the low tone rumble. Without the cat, it will sound like a typical honda.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

90GTZHO wrote:Yup agreed, straight thru core, get atleast a 22" inch body muffler to help with the sound. To let you know, it will sound like ass with just the muffler and no cat.

Where im at there is no requirement for cats either, but i HAD to put on back on cause it really helps with the low tone rumble. Without the cat, it will sound like a typical honda.
hmmmm... in that case ill see if i can get ahold of a magnaflow high flow cat along with a mf 22'' casing muffler. thank you all for the advice and help.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH